Fans trying to pay Marshawn's fine

-The Glove-

Reaction score
This isn't silly

"@MoneyLynch: Thank u to the 12s for tryin to help out, I will match the money raised and send it to a charity #12thMan #beastmode #Seahawks"

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
There we go, that's what I as just going to say. This should go to charity.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marshawn has to love the 12's after his time in Buffalo, he knows we have his back, and being the type of man he is won't give anything less then everything he has.

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
haha i was about to say, there are starving people out there and we are paying beast's fine?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":19o79exi said:
There we go, that's what I as just going to say. This should go to charity.
His fine was going to charity anyways.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
This is the dumbest thing ever. He is the heart of this team, but he needs to mature up and talk to the media as required. That's selfish on his behalf. The fine is deserving!

Now if he would of been fined for beating the s*** of an opponent who took a cheap shot at RW or something, I would be the first one donating to pay of that fine.

mikeak

Reaction score
I think he should be fined

I don't think he should have been fined for the whole season just because the NFL missed this since game 1

Saw that this is an all or nothing thing. If it comes short then Lynch should chip in the difference :)

nategreat

Reaction score
Seahawkx":19kj3kje said:
This is the dumbest thing ever. He is the heart of this team, but he needs to mature up and talk to the media as required. That's selfish on his behalf. The fine is deserving!

Now if he would of been fined for beating the s*** of an opponent who took a cheap shot at RW or something, I would be the first one donating to pay of that fine.

I don't know, you may be in the minority on this one..... hence why so many people are donating. The fine is a bunch of crap. $1000? Sure. $5000? Maybe. But $50,000? Give me a break.

Take a look @ this list, and tell me $50,000 isn't excessive for NOT TALKING to the media, of all things!

http://justfines.com/listFines.php?year=2012

-Ndamukong Suh got fined $30,000 for kicking Matt Schaub in the balls.
-Players are fined about $26,000 for fighting.
-Richard Seymour got fined $25,000 for striking Roethlesberger in the jaw with an open hand.
-Brandon Jacobs- $10,000 for throwing his helmet into the stands, in anger.
-Remember when Trent Williams swung at and hit Richard Sherman in the face? Yeah, only $7875.

So again, $50,000 for not talking? You've gotta be kidding me.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Seahawkx":1znvchza said:

eh...maybe.
Personally I think he's the coolest thing since sliced bread (turns fine he likely laughs at into a charity match. WIN-WIN!).

pmedic920

Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread. IMHO it's not about the money at this point. #24 has it covered. I'm going to donate $12.00 just to show my support.
I get it, rules are rules and if you break them you pay the price. In this case ( comparatively speaking)the punishment doesn't fit the crime.
I'll skip the meal deal tomorrow and bring my lunch to work. I'll never miss the $12 just like ML won't miss the 50k. I'd like to think the out flow of support will add a little extra motivation this weekend.
"WORTH IT"
GoHawks

CactusHawk

Reaction score
I'm in for $5.00. I get to think I'm giving the middle to the Goodell and donate to charity at the same time.

Tical21

Reaction score
Absolutely ridiculous. You can't convince me the Seahawks PR department isn't behind this whole thing, and has already paid his fine. He came here midseason. The next season, they tried to interview him during a pre-season game, and it was an absolute cringe-causing trainwreck. A couple of months later, Mitch tried to interview him on KJR, and it was the most odd, headscratching, "what in the world did I just listen to?" interview in the history of interviews. He wasn't able to answer basic "how are you doing?" types of questions. Marshawn basically just spewed jibberish. After the interview, Mitch had to say "I don't think Marshawn and I were quite on the same page there, but there he is ladies and gentlement." You came away thinking "the Seahawks need to pull the plug on this ASAP and make sure he doesn't do any more interviews. And he hasn't.

Anytime you hear a teammate or anyone who knows him talk about him, the phrase you hear over and over is "Marshawn is just a different kind of cat." Please don't take this as Marshawn bashing in any type of way. I love the guy, love his attitude, and feel gratitude for what he has done for this franchise. That said, there are some folks that shouldn't do interviews. From a Seahawks standpoint, it is just better to let him be and pick up any tab.