Overconfident?

jake206

Reaction score
Seahawks need to focus on the Saints and forget the media hype. In the NFL, its any given Sunday. Otherwise they're asking to be upset this weekend.

seahawks08

Reaction score
The fans don't play the game, the players do, so we being confident or not does not make a difference. I understand the OP's concern and calling out to focus and not be overconfident. I think if you are asking me to make noise during the game absolutely, play off editions at Clink are extremely electrifying and all 12s will be loud, but if I am asked to play Sunday, I am already in the IR for many many years to come:)

On a side note, this team has been focused all year long, I don't see anyone is going to give up. The only distraction in my mind would be that our OC and DC are being considered in HC positions else where, not sure if that will make them more fired up and audition by calling a more aggressive game plan.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I am definitely not overconfident after seeing the home teams go 1-3 this weekend.

amill87

Reaction score
Blitzer88":ho5xwii8 said:
I am definitely not overconfident after seeing the home teams go 1-3 this weekend.

One could argue at least three of those home teams are the worst teams in the playoffs. For as good as most the games were this weekend, the competition level was a bit lower. Next week is when the playoffs really ratchet up.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
amill87":2mrdwvxb said:
Blitzer88":2mrdwvxb said:

One could argue at least three of those home teams are the worst teams in the playoffs. For as good as most the games were this weekend, the competition level was a bit lower. Next week is when the playoffs really ratchet up.

One could also argue we are 1-1 in our last two home games, and 2-2 of our last four games. Defense has looked awesome, but we could use some work in offense. Either way should be a good game. It will be interesting to see how we defend Graham with KJ out.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
seahawks08":2jbsfxbb said:
The fans don't play the game, the players do, so we being confident or not does not make a difference.

Interviews with the players this past week have shown that there isn't a single player on our team that takes the game with the Saints lightly. Pete has them all thinking "1-0" mentality.

Are there posters on this forum who "get the cart before the horse"? Of course...I pay no attention to them.....as do most serious thinking Hawks fans.

amill87

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1zckdwre said:
amill87":1zckdwre said:
Blitzer88":1zckdwre said:

One could also argue we are 1-1 in our last two home games, and 2-2 of our last four games. Defense has looked awesome, but we could use some work in offense. Either way should be a good game. It will be interesting to see how we defend Graham with KJ out.

Sigh. Baltimore went 1-4 at the end of last season. Teams that have had win streaks going into the playoffs are routinely one and done. Regular season does not mean squat any more.

The four home teams this past weekend are not good teams. None of them had a realistic shot at the Super bowl. The only one that won had the most improbable way of doing it and had their defense torched by Alex Smith and they got to get through Brady/Manning to get there.

To compare how they fared against teams clearly out of their league to us at home is quite the leap. Despite what some fans have felt lately about our offense, we are a damn good football team (offense included) and if Joe Flacco can get hot and win, I would think Wilson and our offense have a chance.

*edit to add* Almost forgot, one could argue we are 15-1 at home over the past two seasons and we destroyed this same Saints team in our house just this year. Yeah we as fans can be a bit overconfident. Shame on us.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Blitzer88":cbkyt0oq said:

Mmm, yes. Philadelphia losing at home indicates that Seattle is more likely to lose at home.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
The only prayer the Saints have is Drew Brees, that's it. They will score 7 more points this time if they don't turn it over 3 times, we win 27-14. Over confident? We win, end of story, it's the truth but call it whatever you want.

amill87

Reaction score
SNDavidson":3ep12i7e said:
The only prayer the Saints have is Drew Brees, that's it. They will score 7 more points this time if they don't turn it over 3 times, we win 27-14. Over confident? We win, end of story, it's the truth but call it whatever you want.

Nah. The only prayer they have is the Seahawks that beat the Seahawks show up. If we go out there and do our thing, it doesn't matter who their QB is.

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
After seeing Kansas City's season end so soon, I wouldn't place any team's Superbowl bid as a sure thing.

amill87

Reaction score
jake206":1qzf179h said:
After seeing Kansas City's season end so soon, I wouldn't place any team's Superbowl bid as a sure thing.

huh? Chiefs aren't and never were an elite team this season. They deserved to lose in the first round.

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
Never an elite team?? Come on. Chiefs were undefeated for most of the season. They had a highly ranked defense comparable to the Hawks defense. Both Hawks and Chiefs lost to Luck on incredible performances. I think there are alot of parallels between both teams.

lsheldon

Reaction score
jake206":14j6o944 said:
Seahawks need to focus on the Saints and forget the media hype. In the NFL, its any given Sunday. Otherwise they're asking to be upset this weekend.

UHHH, we're not actually playing. Thanks for your concern though. I'm sure the team is preparing nicely.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
I'll admit it: I'm dangerously overconfident at this point. I didn't see a single thing from any of the eight teams that played this weekend that concerned me even a little bit. I've thought all year long that refs and injuries are the only two things that can really slow this team down. And I still think it. These Hawks are on another level right now. We're not used to this in Seattle, and it's pretty damn cool.

getnasty

Reaction score
jake206":2sizpna8 said:
Never an elite team?? Come on. Chiefs were undefeated for most of the season. They had a highly ranked defense comparable to the Hawks defense. Both Hawks and Chiefs lost to Luck on incredible performances. I think there are alot of parallels between both teams.
First half of the year the Chiefs played a bunch of nobody's, since then they have won two games in there last 8 tries. Since then there defense has been gashed. If your comparing us to the Chiefs I can see why your not overconfident, or anywhere near it.

Latest posts