Found this on the Eagles forums.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I expected the Seattle and Baltimore advantage and knew about Carolina's non advantage. Surprised by San Francisco's and Kansas City's performances for different reasons. San Francisco like New England or Green Bay I thought of as good road or away and Kansas City definitely is an underperformer compared to public perception.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
The NFC West is 4 of the top 7. I guess that helps explain some of our road woes, and make this season's road record that much more impressive. Huh.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
NFC West teams fans learned from Seattle how to get loud, now they are reaping the same benefits we have.

mikeak

Reaction score
Part of our "home field advantage" is going on the road and playing 10am games. It hurts our road games and make the advantage look even better.

OP
OP
B

Brett

Reaction score
Well I am glad some of you found it interesting I know it was cool to see someone break it all down.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Homefield advantage generally disappears if a team isn't doing well over a long period of time because the bandwagon fans stop going to games.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I'm glad we passed Baltimore.
Balt was #1 the last time I saw an article like this.
We were #2.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Wasn't the last time that the Seahawks played with HFA in 2005?, yep

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
It's a skewed stat. Why should your road differential have bearing on your home-field advantage? You could lose by twenty in every road game and have a jacked-up HFA number according to this.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, all comments aside, it's nice that someone actually ran the numbers. :)

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The interesting team on this list is the New England Patriots. Unsurprisingly, they have a great home game. Surprisingly, they are the only team that has done consistently well in recent years that is ranked low on that chart, because they play so well on the road.

Hawks46

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3r3psb46 said:
I expected the Seattle and Baltimore advantage and knew about Carolina's non advantage. Surprised by San Francisco's and Kansas City's performances for different reasons. San Francisco like New England or Green Bay I thought of as good road or away and Kansas City definitely is an underperformer compared to public perception.

Keep in mind, this only goes back 13 years I think he said.

The Niners have been terrible outside of the last 3 years (which makes their fan base and the whole "what have you done" crap even more annoying) so that scews the perception of the last 3 years.

The Pats are just that damned good; probably why the media gives them so much love. Who knew ?

I also find it amusing that he went back to the Kingdome days and was alluding to the accoustics of our new stadium. The Kingdome was damned loud, but back then they actually penalized our team for it at times. So it would get loud, but not over the top like now when we know we can affect games. That and our teams really were that bad for long stretches of times. Even the die hards found it hard to yell that much when your team has been terrible for years.

ceej22

Reaction score
sc85sis":2l0jn0ae said:
Homefield advantage generally disappears if a team isn't doing well over a long period of time because the bandwagon fans stop going to games.

Oh so the non-bandwagon fans aren't loud enough for you? In that case bring on the bandwagon.

ceej22

Reaction score
TheHawkster":3pk76yj6 said:
I'm glad we passed Baltimore.
Balt was #1 the last time I saw an article like this.
We were #2.

Why? Having a great home field advantage is great but the numbers here suggest it's equally damaging since it takes into account point differential. Based on these metrics I'd rather be lower on the chart by being better then we have been on the road.