If a team picks one of our assistant coaches as a HC....

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Generally how dos that work? Do they usually stay until after the SB or god forbid playoff exit or our we left in a lurch?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I can't recall any assistant ever leaving their job during the playoffs. It may have happened but it's definitely not the norm. I'd expect that if Bevell or Quinn do get hired, it'll happen just after the Super Bowl

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Will I":3qcjrxf5 said:
They can only interview until after our season is over. They will stay with us until after the season.

They can interview now if the team grants their request

kidhawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":34rbv1dd said:
Will I":34rbv1dd said:
They can only interview until after our season is over. They will stay with us until after the season.

I believe they meant they can interview now but that is all they can do until the season is over. I believe that coaches contract run through the league year, so unless a team let's them out of their contract, they'd likely have to wait until then to take a job. I doubt many teams in the playoffs would let an assistant out of a contract while their team is still playing, and what team would want a coach who'd leave now anyway?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
kidhawk":3l9xpq2s said:
-The Glove-":3l9xpq2s said:
Will I":3l9xpq2s said:

I believe they meant they can interview now but that is all they can do until the season is over. I believe that coaches contract run through the league year, so unless a team let's them out of their contract, they'd likely have to wait until then to take a job. I doubt many teams in the playoffs would let an assistant out of a contract while their team is still playing, and what team would want a coach who'd leave now anyway?

Well yes...that would be stupid to let a coach leave during a playoff run. I don't like that coaches can be interviewed now either. Got to be fully focused and loyal to the team while you're here

sutz

Reaction score
Since we get a bye week, we can "afford" to let them go interview now. They won't later in the playoffs, I'm sure.

But I've never heard of a coach actaully changing teams while in the playoffs. Not in the pros.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
SPOHAWK":2y7n7mb2 said:
Generally how dos that work? Do they usually stay until after the SB or god forbid playoff exit or our we left in a lurch?
They stay all the way through until their current team's season ends. No need to worry about Bevell, Quinn or anyone else walking out early.

Exittium

Reaction score
So the vikings.. Im really tired of hearing that team name.. and im tired of it being almost associated to the hawks... So we've been burned by them in the past.. we been burned by them (So far hopefully it changes) by the harvin deal... and now their 1st choice candidate is to yank our OC from us .. uggh. I'm starting to get a very deep hatred for that organization.

(Thanks for the hint there lol i meant OC )

Also I mean, overall I just don't like the vikes.. we've been burned too many times by them.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Exittium":1ts1aub3 said:
So the vikings.. Im really tired of hearing that team name.. and im tired of it being almost associated to the hawks... So we've been burned by them in the past.. we been burned by them (So far hopefully it changes) by the harvin deal... and now their 1st choice candidate is to yank our DC from us .. uggh. I'm starting to get a very deep hatred for that organization.
I thought it was Cleveland interviewing Quinn.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I wanted to also add that I think all interviews, etc should wait until the SB is over with. It should be a league wide rule and it's BS that teams can vulture playoff team's staff and cause major distractions. Let the year officially be finished for goodness sakes.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3170yrio said:
I wanted to also add that I think all interviews, etc should wait until the SB is over with. It should be a league wide rule and it's BS that teams can vulture playoff team's staff and cause major distractions. Let the year officially be finished for goodness sakes.
That will never happen because college programs are competing to hire a lot of these coaches at the same time as well and the NFL can't regulate them. Never mind the major anti-trust lawsuit that would come if the league tried to do this.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":wj17jnol said:
Seahwkgal":wj17jnol said:
That will never happen because college programs are competing to hire a lot of these coaches at the same time as well and the NFL can't regulate them. Never mind the major anti-trust lawsuit that would come if the league tried to do this.

I still think its BS. They should not allow any coach vulturing from either organization. Both organizations have all of the end of Winter/Spring to hire new staff. I understand what you are saying but I don't agree with it.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
They are allowed to be interviewed, but they aren't allowed to be hired until their team's season is over.

Will I

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":hnz281qj said:
I still think its BS. They should not allow any coach vulturing from either organization. Both organizations have all of the end of Winter/Spring to hire new staff. I understand what you are saying but I don't agree with it.

The Seahawks hold the right to not allow their employees to interview until after the season. But they're making the choice to allow it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete's thought is he is proud of the guys getting a shot to compete and better themselves and it's a reflection on our franchise and his style of organzation and methods.

It really is a compliment to us on one hand to be targetted for Coaches. We have now dominated the league in defense and been in the upper end of efficiency as well as offense. You have teams desperate to get some taste of what we have here. Bradley turning the Jags into a challange for opponents in a short time speaks well also. Shows that we do have something here thats transferrable.

The Radish

Reaction score
chris98251":2koja2cl said:
Pete's thought is he is proud of the guys getting a shot to compete and better themselves and it's a reflection on our franchise and his style of organzation and methods.

It really is a compliment to us on one hand to be targetted for Coaches. We have now dominated the league in defense and been in the upper end of efficiency as well as offense. You have teams desperate to get some taste of what we have here. Bradley turning the Jags into a challange for opponents in a short time speaks well also. Shows that we do have something here thats transferrable.

Don't listen to him,,,Chris is interviewing with another teams site as we speak!

He keeps muttering something about Jerry Jones and pmedic but we can't quite understand him. Since he saw a picture of Lon's daughter he hasn't been the same.
:D