Clinton McDonald

Domseahawks

Reaction score
This guy has been a rotational player for us and even cut this year. We were desperate for interior pass rush and he comes up with 5.5 sacks on the year a great number for a rotation DT. He embodies the depth of this defense. Many people have been giving him praise of recent but i thought i'd bring it up as a topic.. And to think we got this man for KELLY JENNINGS. :lol:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I shuddered when we settled on him for depth, but he's totally blown me away compared to his previous play. Fuggedabout the sacks for a moment, not that those aren't good thing, but he's always been disruptive in a streaky sort of way. What's surprised me the most is he's really showing against the run now. He was a big liability before in that regard.

drdiags

Reaction score
Glad he got a second chance. When he came from the Bengals, their fans were saying how beloved he was by his team mates. I am not sure he comes back since he is only on a 1 yr deal after coming back.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Need to rename him "Monster McDonald." He said that when he got cut that he did a lot of thinking about his future and I think that finally motivated him to tap in to his considerable talent and make use of it.

There was a reason Master Schneider traded for CMac :snack:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I love watching that guy play. At the home games you can really focus on the damage he does and he has a huge impact on pressure while dealing with blocks. Damn this defense is deep. There hasn't been a time all year long where I felt "we need to improve that position".

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I'm increasingly impressed with Clinton McDonald. The guy comes to play and makes the most of all his snaps - often making an impact. Glad he's on the roster. Similar things can certainly be said of most if not all of the roster. There's strengths that individuals contribute to the whole. Guys like McDonald deserve this sort of recognition because they are not often given enough credit - high effort guys that seem to also bring out the best in those around them. I remember hearing stories about him being a practice squad player or something like that and always welcoming the team (Bengals?) back from an away game (at the airport.) That's pretty cool. Great teammate stuff.

Hawks46

Reaction score
He had the potential, but getting cut really seemed to light a fire under his butt. I didn't see him having this kind of impact in part time play.

I'm not too worried about losing him to a full time starting gig elsewhere though. He lost weight and is down to 284. That's light in the pants for a starting 3 tech DT. He'll get worn down in games if he plays a ton more snaps.

He's perfect in a rotational role.

Seafan

Reaction score
CM is IMO an example of what happens when all four DL are good and doing their jobs. It is a result of bringing in Avril and Bennett. Mebane, McDaniel, and McDonald are all having career years. It is the synergy of the quality and depth of this year's DL. When OL have to pick their poison from so many different players it is impossible for most teams to block them all consistently. If Bennett and Avril were here last season the Hawks would have won the Super Bowl.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Hawks46":2ls4lzev said:
He had the potential, but getting cut really seemed to light a fire under his butt. I didn't see him having this kind of impact in part time play.

I'm not too worried about losing him to a full time starting gig elsewhere though. He lost weight and is down to 284. That's light in the pants for a starting 3 tech DT. He'll get worn down in games if he plays a ton more snaps.

He's perfect in a rotational role.

Link for weight loss?

sc85sis

Reaction score
I think the combo of getting cut and then not getting picked up by another team was a big wake up call for him.