Entertaining read from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch...

sutz

Reaction score
You know, the yards penalized was severly reduced by having so many of them down by the goal line. It could have been a lot worse, yardage-wise. I'm thinking they saved about 30-40 yards by virtue of them being reduced to 'half the distance to the goal.'

;)

chris98251

Reaction score
Sounds like he was more pissy that Stacy and Quinn didn't get their records. Complaining about officials and Fishers lack of discipline.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
sutz":3ufh6b31 said:
You know, the yards penalized was severly reduced by having so many of them down by the goal line. It could have been a lot worse, yardage-wise. I'm thinking they saved about 30-40 yards by virtue of them being reduced to 'half the distance to the goal.'

;)

Yeah, you're right! In all my years of watching football, I don't recall a meltdown of that magnitude not once, but twice for multiple stacking penalties. T'was a thing of beauty! Our team really seems to piss people off! Love it! :twisted: :mrgreen:

I did think the Ram player ejection was bs. He just swung his arms and the damn ref wasn't paying attention and walked into it. He didn't do it intentionally. I hope they pull any fines that they may be considering levying against him.

But he also shouldn't have chucked his helmet after he was rebuked. Kinda dumb and he's gonna get screamed at for that one.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
sutz":lm1bz34j said:

;)

Yup and the multiples. Can only accept one of the three unsportsmanlikes.

SEA! HAWKS!

/ and hootch drinks

sutz

Reaction score
BlueThunder":q653axzh said:
sutz":q653axzh said:

;)

Yeah, you're right! In all my years of watching football, I don't recall a meltdown of that magnitude not once, but twice for multiple stacking penalties. T'was a thing of beauty! Our team really seems to piss people off! Love it! :twisted: :mrgreen:

I did think the Ram player ejection was bs. He just swung his arms and the damn ref wasn't paying attention and walked into it. He didn't do it intentionally. I hope they pull any fines that they may be considering levying against him.

But he also shouldn't have chucked his helmet after he was rebuked. Kinda dumb and he's gonna get screamed at for that one.
Yeah, the initial hit was kind of inadvertant. The ref walked right into it. But, as a player, you have to know where those guys are and watch your movements. That was a pretty classic meltdown for the ages. I've never seen three consecutive "half the distance" penalties piled on like that.

Onyx

Reaction score
BlueThunder":n7fbmw1o said:
sutz":n7fbmw1o said:

;)

After the accident hitting the ref, he also smacked the refs arm on purpose. That is when the flag flew

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
hawker84":lv3dkcx0 said:
I don't think we played a lousy game at all, who's this "WE" you speak of?

Were you in the gameday forum today? That's the "WE" I speak of, and which I don't choose to identify with. If we don't score a td on every single possession, and make the other team go 3 and out every possession, we suck! But that's the way it is every Sunday in that Gameday forum. A lot of newbie, un-battle-hardened babies in there that panic at the drop of a hat, or ball. I look but try not to post there in the heat of the game 'cause it's such a goat "f" in there.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The refs were looking to make an example of someone. #98 was the unfortunate.