Tavon news

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Latest NewsRecent NewsTavon Austin (ankle, questionable) will be a game-time decision for Week 17 against Seattle.Coach Jeff Fisher is "optimistic" about Tavon's chances after a return to limited practice Friday. Austin was already being limited in terms of snaps on the field, and now barely practiced during the week, failing to get in any work on Wednesday or Thursday. He won't be a recommended Week 17 fantasy play. Dec 27 - 2:41 PM

This guy is a gamebreaker as I saw when Rams beat the Colts in Indy..If he is only @70% that is good news ..

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
the last guy I'm worried about is Austin. We need to play our game and its our guys I'm worried about. Dude has done virtually nothing this year.

SE174

Reaction score
Kam will crush him in the middle, as he certainly isn't getting deep with Sherm blanketing him and ET bracketing him. Good luck to the poor schmuck.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I doubt they play him, and I hope they don't. He won't be at 100%, so no need to risk a worse injury for no reason. Better to have him 100% next season.

That said, if they do play him it's likely just for distraction and I'd be very surprised to see him on punt returns.

candyman4881

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":qbc8a43b said:
the last guy I'm worried about is Austin. We need to play our game and its our guys I'm worried about. Dude has done virtually nothing this year.

No offense - but you have zero clue what you are talking about - 6 TDs scored (4 receiving, 1 rush, 1 punt return) this year would be 2nd on the Seahawks only behind Lynch - he also had 2 TDs called back due to penalties - doesn't exactly go with your post that he "has done virtually nothing"

scutterhawk

Reaction score
candyman4881":cxu32p7d said:
Chukarhawk":cxu32p7d said:

No offense - but you have zero clue what you are talking about - 6 TDs scored (4 receiving, 1 rush, 1 punt return) this year would be 2nd on the Seahawks only behind Lynch - he also had 2 TDs called back due to penalties - doesn't exactly go with your post that he "has done virtually nothing"
You have no question about him going against the Seahawks Secondary then? LOL
When Wes Welker was with the Pats, he was pretty much a non factor, and in fact, he had his bell rung pretty good, and Tavon isn't even in the same sentence as Welker, yet.
I'd be way more apt to do everything I could to corral the Rams running game, than to worry about Tavon getting in a shoot-out with the LOB.

candyman4881

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2uzalg1e said:
candyman4881":2uzalg1e said:
Chukarhawk":2uzalg1e said:

You have no question about him going against the Seahawks Secondary then? LOL
When Wes Welker was with the Pats, he was pretty much a non factor, and in fact, he had his bell rung pretty good, and Tavon isn't even in the same sentence as Welker, yet.
I'd be way more apt to do everything I could to corral the Rams running game, than to worry about Tavon getting in a shoot-out with the LOB.

I agree with most of this - I was simply disagreeing with him that Tavon had done "virtually nothing" all year

lukerguy

Reaction score
Tavon Austin - WR - Rams

Tavon Austin (ankle) is not expected to play in Sunday's Week 17 tilt against the Seahawks.
Both FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport are hearing that Austin is unlikely to suit up for the regular season finale. Austin sprained his ankle in Week 14 against the Cardinals and has missed the majority of practices since. Austin Pettis will fill in as the Rams' slot receiver again this week.
Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
Dec 29 - 10:55 AM