Most valuable Seahawk Rookie of 2013

Who is Seattle's 2013 rookie of the year?

• Alvin Bailey

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Michael Bowie

Votes: 34 33.0%
  • Luke Willson

Votes: 66 64.1%
  • Other w/less than 100 snaps

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jville

Reaction score
Seahawk candidates with 100 or more snaps after 15 of 16 regular season games.

OT Alvin Bailey 142 snaps in 13 appearances and 0 starts
OT Michael Bowie 560 snaps in 9 appearances and 8 starts
TE Luke Willson 402 snaps in 15 appearances and 6 starts

bellingerga

Reaction score
Luke Willson and it's not even close.

Worst.... draft..... ever.

Oh well, the front office has earned an off year as far as I'm concerned, due to how many homeruns they've hit over their short time here.

bellingerga

Reaction score
On the other hand, I'm willing to bet if he actually got any playing time, that Christine Michael is going to be a star in this league, but we just don't know yet do we?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'd argue Bowie had been more valuable. He ha steeped in and preformed very well. Willson has made some good plays but it i had to pick one guy to stick around for the next 10 years is be Bowie replacing Giacomini or McQuistin.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Bowie/Bailey have been important in critical offensive line depth problems this year. However, in terms of value going forward, I'd say Willson takes the cake given how well he's played.

sutz

Reaction score
bellingerga":325yf4cl said:

Oh well, the front office has earned an off year as far as I'm concerned, due to how many homeruns they've hit over their short time here.
Hardly the worst draft ever. When a top quality team drafts, it is for filler and future needs, not for immediate impact. I bet you won't think this in a couple of years.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Bowie. Played descent in a hard situation. Without his play being as good as it was for the stretch we would not be in the situation we are in now, locking up HFA. Take Amy team in the league, take out both starting tackles and I don't believe any team would have done as well as us.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I picked Wilsson...and yes it was not a spectacular draft...but why would it be when the top 2 picks were already traded.....

Sprfunk

Reaction score
I don't think it was a bad draft. The thing is we have a great team and it will be hard for any draft pick to make an impact. Name one starter that is a must replace player. You could make an argument for the guard positions but IMO we are solid. We will need to get use to this as the normal. Rookies will have a hard time staying on this team, in fact I could see first round picks not seeing the field. This is a good problem.

GCrow

Reaction score
bellingerga":3ikxga88 said:

The 2012 Cleveland Brown would like to have a word with you.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Rookies on the 53 man roster …..

RB Christine Michael 2nd round
DT Jordan Hill 3rd round
TE Luke Wilson 5th round
OT Michael Bowie 7th round
OT Alvin Bailey undrafted rookie free agent
LEO Benson Mayowa undrafted rookie free agent
OT Caylin Hauptmann claimed off of Cleveland Browns practice squad

Rookies retained in reserve (injured) …...

CB Tharold Simon 5th round
DT Jessie Williams 5th round
FB Spencer Ware 6th round
OG Jared Smith 7th round
LEO Kenneth Boatright undrafted free agent

Departed Rookies in the where are they now category.....

WR Chris Harper - 4th round - has traveled from Seattle thru San Francisco to Green Bay where he remains protected on their 53 man roster. Chris has been active for four games this season. He has not had a reception.

OG Ryan Seymour - 7th round - was claimed off the practice squad by the San Francisco 49ers. Ryan has remained on their 53 man roster. He has not made a game appearance this year.

LB Ty Powell - 7th round - is a back up linebacker and special teams contributor on the 53 man roster of the Buffalo Bills. Powell has appeared in 4 games this year.

Current Practice Squad Rookies .....

DB Akeem Auguste
DT Michael Brooks
DT Dewayne Cherrington
QB BJ Daniels
WR Arceto Clark

chris98251

Reaction score
I think we are at the point in drafting where you have to wait for the three years to evaluate really, we may get a good indication after the season is over what we have drafted based on who is released.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
bellingerga":3o6r3x5o said:

Dumb. Just dumb. The post that is

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
This thread reminded me of just how lackluster this class has been up to this point. Injuries took a toll on nearly half of the rooks, and the rest are behind quality starters and 2nd stringers so they haven't needed to play. This class can't be judged for years.

olyfan63

Reaction score
My first thought was Willson, but then when taking Bowie's contributions into account, winning games with the running game (pass pro sucked), Bowie was a huge part of that.
The irony is that the Seahawks seemed to run better with Bowie in the lineup than with the starters since they've returned.
So I chose Bowie, which surprised me, as my initial reaction was Willson.

I think that Bailey may actually be a better talent than Bowie, but Bowie got the higher number of snaps by far, so gotta go with him.

And I still love Willson, but for MVR this year, going with Bowie for overall impact through the part of the schedule where he had to step in and start and play every down.

Latest posts