Longtime Seahawk fan, 93, gets wish to attend her first game

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
TACOMA, Wash. -- A retirement community in Tacoma is making a wish come true for one of its residents who considers herself the number one Seahawks fan.

Elta Lewis, 93, is going to CenturyLink Field on Sunday to watch her very first Seahawks game.

"I was speechless. I didn't even think about that," said Lewis, who usually watches the games in her room at the Tacoma Lutheran Retirement Community.

"It was so exciting," said staff member Denise Cooksey, who is accompanying Lewis to the game. "She's so well loved by the employees who work here."

Elta's love for the Seahawks started many years ago - her late husband, Mark, was a fan.

"He started watching his Seahawks every (weekend) because his darn Seahawks games were on - and they'd lose," she said. "I said, 'Why do you watch them? They always lose.' He said 'Well, they have to win sometime'."

It's now been 14 years since Elta's husband died, and she's still as dedicated to the team - she wears a Seahawks lanyard every day and throughout her room there are Seahawks signs and photos of her favorite players.

"I like (Marshawn) Lynch and I like the quarterback (Russell Wilson) because he's a good man," said Lewis.

http://www.komonews.com/sports/Longtime ... =video&c=y

Jville

Reaction score
Thats an on message story for this day :th2thumbs:

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Cool... She could be a good luck charm for the team. (Hope it doesn't cause a heart attack though.)

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Haha! Read it wrong. I thought she went last week.

I take back my statement.

Hopefully the old bird brings us some good mojo

/she should wear Tanzania flag themed Depends

pmedic920

Reaction score
I hope I don't have to wait till I'm 93. I'm happy for her. I see so many older folks in these homes that are just waiting to die. It's great that she can do this and still has the drive to do it.
GoGranny.

ivotuk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3fquwrkg said:
I hope I don't have to wait till I'm 93. I'm happy for her. I see so many older folks in these homes that are just waiting to die. It's great that she can do this and still has the drive to do it.
GoGranny.

You and me both, maybe next year...