WTIII

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, we get Thurmond back in the fold this week. The defense gets stronger.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Maybe he can make a play to make up for being a total moron

TJH

Reaction score
Start him at RCB and put Sherman in at WR.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
As a fellow imbiber, I welcome him back with open arms, knowing that he got busted for something far less harmful than alcohol. Welcome back Walter! Legion Of Boom intact! (Yeah, I think he's BETTER than Browner)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2b927bqm said:
Might be a good week to try him on kick return duty.

He was pretty good in that role in college. Although if I remember correctly he was a bit better at punt returns then kick returns.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Can he pass block, throw and catch the ball all at the same time on his own?

I kid i kid, it will be good to have him back though. Id like to think Thurm or Browner wouldnt have allowed that td late. Though Maxwell did play it about as good as he could.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
JSeahawks":5nyv9knh said:
DavidSeven":5nyv9knh said:

He was pretty good in that role in college. Although if I remember correctly he was a bit better at punt returns then kick returns.

I was looking at his return numbers from college, and he had a very good career average of 25.4 yards per kick return. Honestly though, I'm just looking for basic competence at this point.

irocdave

Reaction score
I don't think Thurmond or Browner could have defended that pass any better than Lane did. The problem is on the O line, receivers dropping passes and RW not finding the open guy. Notice that the problems are on O? Toss Turbo flexing so hard the ball hit his knee on a kickoff, yea, the offensive side of the ball should be apologizing to the D for the outcome of that game.

el capitan

Reaction score
DavidSeven":36t7jad2 said:
JSeahawks":36t7jad2 said:
DavidSeven":36t7jad2 said:

I was looking at his return numbers from college, and he had a very good career average of 25.4 yards per kick return. Honestly though, I'm just looking for basic competence at this point.

Like someone who knows how to take a knee in the endzone.

ivotuk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2b4l7rwd said:

I'd completely forgotten about that, he was a pretty good kick returner at Oregon.

Accumulated 158 all-purpose yards against the Utes after adding 148 return yards in the home opener to his five tackles ... Returned six punts for 60 yards and two kickoffs for 70 yards vs. Purdue before returning the following week to tally 96 yards on four punt returns and 62 yards in kickoff returns ... Made nine tackles (seven solo) at Boise State.

returned six kickoffs for a total of 201 yards, including a 91-yarder to open the second half
Doubled as a kick returner, running back a team-high 21 kickoffs for a 25.1-yard average

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=177420

Exittium

Reaction score
TJH":1mhlvm8f said:

Lol the second part, I think I kept telling my wife they should have done this against the cards.. seeing as how he was basically the only one catching things being thrown at him....

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Exittium":1jcxnv0v said:
TJH":1jcxnv0v said:

Lol the second part, I think I kept telling my wife they should have done this against the cards.. seeing as how he was basically the only one catching things being thrown at him....

That possibility has always intrigued me. He high points the ball as well as anybody, so put him in for some jump balls. He seems to know routes pretty well too. The coaches would look like Geniuses if it worked, but could you imagine all the pitch forks if he was injured in the process? :p :shock: :thirishdrinkers:

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3qlycu72 said:
As a fellow imbiber, I welcome him back with open arms, knowing that he got busted for something far less harmful than alcohol. Welcome back Walter! Legion Of Boom intact! (Yeah, I think he's BETTER than Browner)

I would have to agree with this. Welcome back Thurmond.