JR Sweezy

BamKam

Reaction score
I hope yesterday showed how valuable he is to this team. Bowie looked lazy and not motivated at all. Sweezy might be a meathead but he has made tremendous strides since being changed from his natural position last year. The dude goes 110 MPH and doesn't stop until the whistle is blown.

OP
OP
B

BamKam

Reaction score
jamsomatic":1ojwcxje said:
Is he a meathead? lol I didn't know that.

I meant that in a way that he sometimes can play a little too intense and get a penalty after the whistle has been blown. He is probably a really smart guy.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Yup, there were definitely some holes opened up for blitzes yesterday that I think Sweezy could have plugged better.

Jville

Reaction score
JR Sweezy is no meat head. He is still undefeated at Century Link. LOL

Bowie is just getting started and possesses a different style.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Marshawn actually whiffed on some openings, Pete said as much on his interview on brock and danny this morning. Called the 2nd down play on the goal line a "walk in" and that it was there for him but didn't capitalize on.

OP
OP
B

BamKam

Reaction score
Jville":12ymhhgh said:
JR Sweezy is no meat head. He is still undefeated at Century Link. LOL

Bowie is just getting started and possesses a different style.

Bowie could also just not be good? I am not writing him off yet but just because PC and JS have hit a bunch of home runs in the draft recently doesn't mean they won't swing and miss occasionally.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It was Bowie's first game at RG. He played mostly at RT replacing Breno. The whole offense had an off day. From the OL to the QB it was a dismal effort all around.

OP
OP
B

BamKam

Reaction score
hawkfan68":p9z9k4ae said:
It was Bowie's first game at RG. He played mostly at RT replacing Breno. The whole offense had an off day. From the OL to the QB it was a dismal effort all around.

Agree 100%, well said.

Jville

Reaction score
BamKam":35lb3kqi said:
I hope yesterday showed how valuable he is to this team. Bowie looked lazy and not motivated at all. Sweezy might be a meathead but he has made tremendous strides since being changed from his natural position last year. The dude goes 110 MPH and doesn't stop until the whistle is blown.

I think that when many fans argue about who the better player is among players with contrasting strengths ...... they are actually arguing over 'their' favorite style. In my case, I like to think I can appreciate different styles ...... but I admit to a preference for Sweezy's style.

Unfortunately, that is rarely pointed out once the flames make an appearance. LOL

The Dirty Truth

Reaction score
Yes it was his first game at RG but that shouldn't excuse the laziness he displayed yesterday.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1h8boqi8 said:
Marshawn actually whiffed on some openings, Pete said as much on his interview on brock and danny this morning. Called the 2nd down play on the goal line a "walk in" and that it was there for him but didn't capitalize on.

Not the first time he's missed a hole this season. Last season he was so damned good at it. I wonder what's up ?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2g7xw6p9 said:
Unger may have had a worse day than Bowie.

justafan

Reaction score
We need to get this oline straightened out this offseason.Sweezy not being there isnt the reason we lost.

cacksman

Reaction score
BamKam":39coy5e3 said:

Really? I thought Bowie played well, and I remember reading on Twitter from the Seahawks beat writers them saying the same thing.

What makes you say this?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Bowie was clearly struggling against Dockett & co on passing downs. Middle of the pocket was getting deflated pretty good IIRC. I was surprised they didn't bring Lem in to play RG. Lem's looked really good (for a back up) whenever I've seen him come in. I don't know why they decided to go with the rook instead...

Kixkahn

Reaction score
I would not have thought our line would look as bad as it did missing just one guy. It was another addition to the loss. The line was in snooze mode or something.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Honestly, I saw a lot of issues on the line. Carpenter didn't play well at all from what I saw on tv. I don't think that not having Sweezy was a game changer yesterday. I do think that taking away any piece of the line weakens it, because the most crucial thing necessary for an O-line is communication and that comes with playing together.

I still have a feeling that Sweezy will be back this week, and honestly, I think back or not, this team is going to come out looking MUCH better this final week.