It's time for Percy to put on his big boy pants...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob12

Reaction score
...because we need him.

Right now.

Up until now, he has always been the "toy." The luxury piece to our offense that we really didn't need but if he would just get on the field, he would make us that much scarier.

Golden Tate is a very good wide receiver. Doug Baldwin is a solid wide receiver. Jermaine Kearse definitely has skills and is improving. Ricardo Lockette is roster filler and shouldn't be here.

Without Sidney Rice, that's probably an above average receiving corps. The problem is that with our run game faltering (for whatever reason), we need more than that.

I am not questioning Percy Harvin's drive. I know his hip is not 100 percent. But damn it, we need him on the field. We gave up a lot to get him. Now is the time for us to keep our damn foot on the throat of the NFC and take control of our destiny. The Cardinals are a good team with a very, very good defense but that was absolutely pathetic. 10 points at home is not going to get it done. Our defense can't win this thing alone.

The sky is not falling but this team better pull their heads out of their asses. Our offense needs all the help we can get. If Percy is injured and can't go, I get it and I'm not mad. But if he's still just sore and hurt - get him on the field. If he gets injured again, so be it. This is the NFL and parity is real and you don't know when you're going to get another shot to be the best.

Now is the time. The wait has been long enough for all of us.

Percy, get on the field.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
So is the decision to play 100% Percy's as your subject line implies?

kf3339

Reaction score
In order to put on his "Big boy pants" he has to have the drive and will to play hurt or with pain. In fact he has to demand from PC that he is to play from the Rams game on this year. Do you see him making that statement to anyone. Have you seen him making statements to the press? The answer is no.

So as much as we all want to see him out there I have a strong feeling that he is not going to have the drive to be of much help to us this year. In fact if this minimal injury is keeping him out so long I'm beginning to wonder about even next year. Keep in mind it's the same injury that Kam Chancelor played thru last season without missing a game.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I just sense he is only interested in his money and nothing else. So if that is correct he will be of no help to us this season or going forward.

Just to make you all understand my post, I want him to be the play maker he was supposed to be when we traded for him. But he has to prove it to me. So far it's not happening at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.