would like to hear from our gurus kearly, scotte, tical, etc

niveky

Reaction score
and get their opinions on how much the oline play was affected by bowie having to slide into sweezy's spot due to the concussion.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Bowie didn't play, he just put his hands on a dude gave a little jerk like he was blocking and then walked off.

He was stupid lazy today.

Mjolnir

Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread, and maybe I'm just blind, but I wasn't really disappointed with the play of the OL. On pass plays, I swear, it seemed like Russell had alot of time back there. Russell seemed to really hold the ball too long.

Now, on run blocking, they were horrible, but I'm not sure how one really runs on a stacked front 7.

I keep wondering, where were our TE's?

cover-2

Reaction score
Throwdown":7zaj6q76 said:
Bowie didn't play, he just put his hands on a dude gave a little jerk like he was blocking and then walked off.

What???

His play today was better than any of our other guards during any of our previous games this year. The only knock I had on Bowie this game was that he was not a tenacious blocker like Breno, but most lineman aren't. Bowie had a great game, I watched him specifically today and he was a strength on the o-line. There was one delayed blitz where a LB was not picked up by Unger or Bowie, but I chalk that up to the lack of playing next to each other.

The Dirty Truth

Reaction score
cover-2":2i6lifsz said:
Throwdown":2i6lifsz said:

What???

His play today was better than any of our other guards during any of our previous games this year. The only knock I had on Bowie this game was that he was not a tenacious blocker like Breno, but most lineman aren't. Bowie had a great game, I watched him specifically today and he was a strength on the o-line. There was one delayed blitz where a LB was not picked up by Unger or Bowie, but I chalk that up to the lack of playing next to each other.

WHAT?!?!? There is a reason Bowie has been inactive since the starting tackles came back and if you paid attention today you saw the reason why. He is lazy, slow and unathletic. The fact you say such obsurd things shows you have zero football IQ.

cover-2

Reaction score
The Dirty Truth":2457ikrb said:
cover-2":2457ikrb said:
Throwdown":2457ikrb said:

What???

WHAT?!?!? There is a reason Bowie has been inactive since the starting tackles came back and if you paid attention today you saw the reason why. He is lazy, slow and unathletic. The fact you say such obsurd things shows you have zero football IQ.

You obviously have been drinking and just watched the game one time through. The reason he is not starting at RT is because Breno is healthy and Breno is a very good RT, whether you agree with that or not. So obviously Bowie is not going to start over Breno and I was not that impressed with Bowie at RT anyway, but going into today I was highly intrigued how he would look at OG. He looked much better at OG than he did at RT. Try re-watching each offensive snap, like I did, and you will see that Bowie was not the problem. I will agree with the fact that he is not a guy that plays to the echo of the whistle/ tenacious blocker, but for you to say he is slow and unathletic just proves to me that you are just spouting off without actually scouting a specific players. Try watching the RG and not the LG. The LG at times is Carp and at his current weight looks like the player you just described.

The Dirty Truth

Reaction score
cover-2":218vtojb said:
The Dirty Truth":218vtojb said:
cover-2":218vtojb said:
Throwdown":218vtojb said:

What???

You obviously have been drinking and just watched the game one time through. The reason he is not starting at RT is because Breno is healthy and Breno is a very good RT, whether you agree with that or not. So obviously Bowie is not going to start over Breno and I was not that impressed with Bowie at RT anyway, but going into today I was highly intrigued how he would look at OG. He looked much better at OG than he did at RT. Try re-watching each offensive snap, like I did, and you will see that Bowie was not the problem. I will agree with the fact that he is not a guy that plays to the echo of the whistle/ tenacious blocker, but for you to say he is slow and unathletic just proves to me that you are just spouting off without actually scouting a specific players. Try watching the RG and not the LG. The LG at times is Carp and at his current weight looks like the player you just described.

There is a reason that Bowie has been inactive. He is slow and unathletic and is very lazy. His play today showed that. Thats a fact. I never said he was the issue today but his lack of heart and skills didnt help.

cover-2

Reaction score
The Dirty Truth":mt9k4mzr said:

cover-2":mt9k4mzr said:

The Dirty Truth":mt9k4mzr said:
There is a reason that Bowie has been inactive. He is slow and unathletic and is very lazy. His play today showed that. Thats a fact. I never said he was the issue today but his lack of heart and skills didnt help.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree. I can't debate with someone who thinks "their opinion" is a fact.