This is good.....kinda

HAWKFaninBAMA

Reaction score
I'm struggling with the loss yes, bad call yes, whatever it's football. I do think that this, in a way, is good for us.

We played a terrible offensive game, our defense is the only reason we weren't blown out at home. That being admitted I'm glad we lost at home BEFORE we have HFA in the playoffs.

I think we needed to see that we aren't invincible at home, it will help them to prepare better in the playoffs. A wise man did once say "the separation is in the preparation"....

Either way this is how I choose to deal with the loss...... GO HAWKS

PryorFamily

Reaction score
Statistically. It HAD to happen. A home loss was inevitable. Better now than in the playoffs!

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I agree, if we win next week, this game means nothing. And there won't be any more talk about resting players and being rusty.

seabowl

Reaction score
It's good that the Niners and Cards are going to beat each other up next week.

gadgor

Reaction score
I agree completely. Going into the playoffs without a single loss would have been worse for us in the long run...It's much better to lose a home game during the regular season than in the playoffs.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
This thread is surprisingly and pleasantly levelheaded. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
HAWKFaninBAMA

HAWKFaninBAMA

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":3shnvgu5 said:
This thread is surprisingly and pleasantly levelheaded. :th2thumbs:
...your welcome ( it wasn't until I re read the original version and deleted some before posting) lol

seahawksny

Reaction score
Agree with everything said so far. Feel better now than I did after niners loss

Timberhawk

Reaction score
I agree. My son was super ticked off esp after the blown "ball didn't hit the ground" call. I told him who knows if we would have scored anyway and we sucked all day on offense. O line needs work but we knew that already. D was awesome for the most part. Better to lose at home now I agree. Win next week and we seal the deal.

Every team has stinkers every year. If ours are a close loss on the road at Indy and San Fran then a stinker of a game we only lose by seven at home against a Cards team that is much improved and playing for their playoff lives I'll take it.

Anyway, hope this wakes us up for next week and great job 12s at the game again you seemed amazing as always.

47degreesn

Reaction score
I feel like we didnt reveal our cards for the playoffs...

I feel like we never ran playaction passed which has been our strength all season. When we finally did we scored the touchdown.

Decimation

Reaction score
Reaneypark":14kolumq said:
Be a good time for Harvin to get off the bench.
Is he even on the bench? Feels like I never see him on the sidelines.

el capitan

Reaction score
I think sometimes we all get a little carried away with thinking we can only be Superbowl champs if we win every game, christ Baltimore lost 4 of their last 5 last season (including a bad home loss to a Broncos team that they then beat on the road in the playoffs).

kmedic

Reaction score
Is there a scenario where the Cards get in but the Whiners don't? That would be the only silver lining for me about this loss....

rideaducati

Reaction score
This loss will be looked upon as a good thing when the Failcons stomp the niners and then the Cards win next week too. Come on Atlanta, this is the team that destroyed your dreams last year...pay them back.

el capitan

Reaction score
rideaducati":1q8aamyk said:
This loss will be looked upon as a good thing when the Failcons stomp the niners and then the Cards win next week too. Come on Atlanta, this is the team that destroyed your dreams last year...pay them back.

I salute your optimism but there's a reason you yourself have called them the Failcons. Atlanta's chances of winning in San Francisco are about as good as their chances of making the postseason.

Hawksfan76

Reaction score
Reaneypark":uhl7ffdb said:
I agree, if we win next week, this game means nothing. And there won't be any more talk about resting players and being rusty.
unless the niners lose then we clinch #1 seed and next week becomes a meaningless game.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
el capitan":1mx5gtz4 said:
I think sometimes we all get a little carried away with thinking we can only be Superbowl champs if we win every game, christ Baltimore lost 4 of their last 5 last season (including a bad home loss to a Broncos team that they then beat on the road in the playoffs).
Baltimore also fired their offensive coordinator after week 14 of last year, and after some hiccups, their offense was much better and they went on a tear to win the Super Bowl.

Keep it in perspective.