wr walters activated from ps

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Before speculation begins that this could be bad news on Percy, just keep in mind that we also need bodies on the field in case the starters need to sit for a bit.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This may have more to do with rewarding solid PS performance than WR numbers as the WR numbers are up to 5 + Percy who we won't likely see until the playoffs.

Either that or the WR group is hurting somewhat.

seabowl

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3hygu1zn said:
I like Walters a lot.

Agree. He should be on the roster every week. He gets open and is just a good overall player from what I've seen.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Give some rest to Maxwell and Lane on special teams?

drdiags

Reaction score
Lane has a bum ankle, so it could be to replace him as a gunner but you would think the team would do something at corner if they are concerned Lane cannot make it?

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I suspect 2 things perhaps

Replace lane in ST

Replace Turbin on kickoffs

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This move has to do with ST more than anything. Especially with kick returns. Walters can add value there. Who was released to make room for Walters?

drdiags

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1wn7wsl3 said:
This move has to do with ST more than anything. Especially with kick returns. Walters can add value there. Who was released to make room for Walters?

Browner's suspension freed up a spot. And the team for some TBD reason didn't want to keep it open for Thurmond's return. Guess they figure they will just whack some joker come next Tuesday.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
drdiags":10ydpw6l said:
hawkfan68":10ydpw6l said:

Browner's suspension freed up a spot. And the team for some TBD reason didn't want to keep it open for Thurmond's return. Guess they figure they will just whack some joker come next Tuesday.

I see. I thought Browner was still part of the team and counted as such on the 53 man roster since he is appealing. I guess that's not the case anymore.

drdiags

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3owfb29n said:
drdiags":3owfb29n said:
hawkfan68":3owfb29n said:

I see. I thought Browner was still part of the team and counted as such on the 53 man roster since he is appealing. I guess that's not the case anymore.

Once the suspension was denied, he was moved to the suspended list and no longer able to be on the team property or have contact with the coaches. His 2nd appeal is under review but does not revert his status on the roster, yet. I think once he is denied on the 2nd he will try to get an injunction like the Star Caps folks. If that works, then he will be put back on the roster and someone hits the skids. Or the team cuts him.

chris98251

Reaction score
I see it may be Kick Offs, he also shown good hands and the ability to find zones to get open.

Basis4day

Reaction score
A London Hawk":byqalxiz said:
HawKnPeppa":byqalxiz said:
Or Lockette isn't performing well enough.

That was my first thought too.

They only had 4 active WRers with the Harvin situation. Browner freed up a spot. Gotta fill it with something.

jblaze

Reaction score
I don't see Lockette being our type of WR. He's a speedster and we don't see to throw a ton of go routes.

I also see Walters doing some return work in addition to ST. Turbin is ok but he's just there for ball security. He just runs forward into the first defender.

Basis4day

Reaction score
jblaze":1hpz3i60 said:
I don't see Lockette being our type of WR. He's a speedster and we don't see to throw a ton of go routes.

I also see Walters doing some return work in addition to ST. Turbin is ok but he's just there for ball security. He just runs forward into the first defender.

We did when Rice was in there. Pete likes the versatility.

jblaze

Reaction score
Basis4day":y49hlblz said:
jblaze":y49hlblz said:

We did when Rice was in there. Pete likes the versatility.

Yeah it makes sense when you can get a good one and Rice was one. Rice was really tall and often just went up for a jump ball for those go routes. Lockette is the type you throw over his shoulder with his speed which isn't our thing.