Wilson sets NFL Record

Hawknight

Reaction score
Seattlepi.com
12/16/13
The Seahawks Blog
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dc0vS?utm_ ... e-seahawks

"But for the team-centric Wilson, another record he set Sunday is perhaps even more meaningful: The victory marked his 23rd win in less than two seasons, which establishes a new NFL record. Wilson had been tied with Pittsburgh’s Ben Roethlisberger at 22 wins, with one more than Marino and two more than both Atlanta’s Matt Ryan and Baltimore’s Joe Flacco."

I didn't see this anywhere which I found shocking. Kudo's shout out to Russell Wilson (bows down reverently to our fearless leader and wonderer) who beat out Big Ben's 22 win record in 2 season. Awesome job Russell!!!!!!

If this was posted somewhere...apologies in advance!

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don't think it has been posted recently. It was talked about quite a bit back when he got his 21st and 22nd win which tied him for the record. I think most people just kind of assumed the record was his with 4 games remaining.

He's also top three in TD's in his first 2 seasons as well. Russell Wilson is the real deal

BlueTalons

Reaction score
QB's are like starting pitchers - they are measured by wins (but it is a team sport.) Some rookie on the '06 Patriots has 28 wins but no one talks about that. Not diminishing Wilson's accomplishment as it IS a big deal, just the standard by which it is measured.

rastahawk

Reaction score
I remember thinking to myself when Big Ben set those marks that it will be damn lucky if they get broken. Just the way the game is today and how demanding it is on a rookie qb. He had a perfect scenario where he walked into a "good" team and that all he needed to do was play safe. Little did I know our own Hawks will in the future draft a special guy that surpassed it. So apparently the way to build a team is by putting all the pieces in place then add the qb in the end. Not vice-versa!

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Just another in a long line of records this team seems to be hurdling. It's awesome to witness.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
IF Wilson gets to 25, I dont think that record will EVER be broken. A team winning 12+ twice in a row is almost impossible to begin with let alone doing it with a rookie QB.

birdman5

Reaction score
Legion12Boom":1nh7j66m said:
Hawks also set the record for most road wins in a season (6-2). Go Hawks!!
It should be mentioned this is a Seahawks record, not an NFL record, but very cool none the less.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Nobody's ever breaking Marino's first-two-years TD record. Wilson should smoke Peyton's, though. Two games at home? Just what the doctor ordered after a mediocre showing on the road.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Bobby Wagner would be tied, but he missed a couple of games. :)