Peter King's Power rankings 12/16/13 hilarious

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/16/nfl-week-15-monday-morning-quarterback/3/

1. Seattle (12-2). Whipped the Giants in a humiliating way. Next time the Seahawks get on a plane could be for the same road trip they just made this weekend—to Newark, but this time for the Super Bowl, six weeks from today...

The hilarious part is that after he finished with Seattle (edited for legal ramifications) he actually writes:

MASSIVE LINE OF DEMARCATION

and then goes on to number two, 3, 4 and so on.

he also wrote
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/16/nfl-week-15-monday-morning-quarterback/2/
4. We all can see Seattle is a terrific defensive team, but the offensive consistency, even without Percy Harvin, is something to behold. The Seahawks have outrushed the opposition by 500 yards exactly, and out-passed foes by 550 yards. Aside from the road loss at the Niners last week, Seattle’s consistently the best team in football, and it’s not close for second...

love it! :th2thumbs:

JonRud

Reaction score
'Massive Line of Demarcation' is great. Good job King!

Axx

Reaction score
He is right. Seattle is so far ahead of everyone right now it should be scary for 31 other teams

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":12jv8h29 said:
4. We all can see Seattle is a terrific defensive team, but the offensive consistency, even without Percy Harvin, is something to behold. The Seahawks have outrushed the opposition by 500 yards exactly, and out-passed foes by 550 yards. Aside from the road loss at the Niners last week, Seattle’s consistently the best team in football, and it’s not close for second...:

This is interesting cause I was a little angry yesterday at our offense, especially in the first half. I thought Russell wasn't that sharp and we weren't that consistent.

Anyway, perspective is always nice. But I thought we should have been clicking a little better on offense yesterday.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2f7d1968 said:
NJSeaHawk":2f7d1968 said:
4. We all can see Seattle is a terrific defensive team, but the offensive consistency, even without Percy Harvin, is something to behold. The Seahawks have outrushed the opposition by 500 yards exactly, and out-passed foes by 550 yards. Aside from the road loss at the Niners last week, Seattle’s consistently the best team in football, and it’s not close for second...:

This is interesting cause I was a little angry yesterday at our offense, especially in the first half. I thought Russell wasn't that sharp and we weren't that consistent.

Anyway, perspective is always nice. But I thought we should have been clicking a little better on offense yesterday.
It's good to get a 3rd party opinion. Sometimes we who every play, DVR and then break it down multiple times, are too close to the situation to just enjoy it as a fan.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1lsxax5v said:
NJSeaHawk":1lsxax5v said:

Its funny I kind of thought the same thing but then I looked and saw how Rw was the leading passer, and rusher in the game and also completed 66% of his passes. He did miss on a few, and also had a few drops but he did not play as bad as I thought, given o-line was not great, little run game, and conservative play calling.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
He's not wrong. I've been watching a LOT of football the last few weeks, and it's striking to me how little fear any other team puts in me. San Fran is probably #2 at this point, but just the fact that they'd have to come here makes that a big "meh".

Ironically, the only team that I've seen lately that I'd have any concerns about is KC, the team everyone else seems to be overlooking.

Cartire

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":zkj7d2t7 said:
NJSeaHawk":zkj7d2t7 said:

Anyway, perspective is always nice. But I thought we should have been clicking a little better on offense

2 things. Giants defense has actually been pretty good all year. It's their offense that has been utter crap.
Also, a lot of people here won't want to hear this, but yesterday was cold. Very very cold. I can gauruntee you that Tate doesn't drop those balls yesterday in a bit warmer climate.

I know people wanted more, but sometimes, them the ropes. We put 23 points up in a hostile environment on a cold day at 10am on the east coast. And it was more then enough to win the day.

plyka

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":311j9f6b said:
He's not wrong. I've been watching a LOT of football the last few weeks, and it's striking to me how little fear any other team puts in me. San Fran is probably #2 at this point, but just the fact that they'd have to come here makes that a big "meh".

Ironically, the only team that I've seen lately that I'd have any concerns about is KC, the team everyone else seems to be overlooking.

KC can whip up on Oakland pretty good. It's when it comes to even modestly good teams --they have played 3 of them this year: Denver twice and San Diego once. They have lost all 3. The only wins against "ok" competition was against PHili early in the season, when they were absolute garbage and in a huge hole, and Dallas (same as Phily, and are 500 now, not a winning team).

I understand teams losing a game here or there against good teams. But KC has not won against a good team all year! Not one game!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cartire":15bzmfr4 said:
Also, a lot of people here won't want to hear this, but yesterday was cold. Very very cold. I can gauruntee you that Tate doesn't drop those balls yesterday in a bit warmer climate.

I think the Tate drop was more of the sun being directly in his eyes, than cold.

I also know that the Giants D was playing tough, but I still say our offense could have been more efficient. How many 3rd and longs did we have due to stupid penalties pushing us back or lack of good gains via the run on 1st and 2nd down? I'd say too many.

seahawksny

Reaction score
"Seattle’s consistently the best team in football, and it’s not close for second..."

So was Green Bay in 2011 and look what happened. Im excited yes. But cautiously optimistic. Havent won anything yet Boys

CANHawk

Reaction score
"MASSIVE LINE OF DEMARCATION" Is one of the greatest things I've ever read... <tear>

Sgt. Largent":u5zbiry5 said:
Cartire":u5zbiry5 said:

I think the Tate drop was more of the sun being directly in his eyes, than cold.

I also know that the Giants D was playing tough, but I still say our offense could have been more efficient. How many 3rd and longs did we have due to stupid penalties pushing us back or lack of good gains via the run on 1st and 2nd down? I'd say too many.

True, but with the cold, that ball was probably more like a brick than a ball. If the ball was as soft as it normally is, Tate might have been able to recover and reel it in. But being hard like that, it just bounced off his hands like a superball.

Oh well, lesson learned for Ferbuary.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":1gx2hxxt said:
"Seattle’s consistently the best team in football, and it’s not close for second..."

So was Green Bay in 2011 and look what happened. Im excited yes. But cautiously optimistic. Havent won anything yet Boys

No one is counting their chickens yet, look at the Patriots with their perfect record against the Giants.

Just celebrating the win, 'tis all

BamKam

Reaction score
I love how when Denver loses it's considered a "possible night off" but when the Seahawks lose its "Some serious issues with this team".

Sprfunk

Reaction score
I think a lot of what we see as stumbling offence was not poor QB play. You have to look at the situation of what caused drives to stall it becomes fairly clear(this is off the top of my head).The first drive stalled after lynch got hit behind the line then on 3rd down RW hit I think it was Baldwin 1-2 yards behind the 1st down marker, Roll made a completely dominant stop, or it would have been a first down.

Tate dropped a perfect throw for a first down on third down. I think that happened 2 times. Tate also had a touchdown called back because he was pushed out of bounds and was the first to touch the ball. Really accurate throw by RW.

I also thought that first running into the kicker should have been called and was actually a big hit. It should have been 15 yards. Funny there was no replay ever shown, or any other angles given. The announcers didn't even mention it until the running into the kicker that got called for the second offence and given 5 yards. They just said the first one was barely even touched. That is very inaccurate.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sprfunk":9mkemybi said:
I also thought that first running into the kicker should have been called and was actually a big hit. It should have been 15 yards. Funny there was no replay ever shown, or any other angles given. The announcers didn't even mention it until the running into the kicker that got called for the second offence and given 5 yards. They just said the first one was barely even touched. That is very inaccurate.

The announcers explained it, they said the refs are told to look for which leg the punter got run into on. If it's his kicking leg, then that's the 15 yarder. Other leg is just the running into the kicker 5 yarder.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":9zun4hgk said:
Sprfunk":9zun4hgk said:

The announcers explained it, they said the refs are told to look for which leg the punter got run into on. If it's his kicking leg, then that's the 15 yarder. Other leg is just the running into the kicker 5 yarder.
That's rite, after the second running into the kicker they did explain it. I am not arguing the 5 yard penalty that was called. I am arguing the first one that was not called, and should have been. I think it was on the first punt of the game.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3lmj99vg said:
Cartire":3lmj99vg said:

I counted three Tate drops on receptions he usually makes. I attribute it to having stone hands due to the cold.

Not worried.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Seldom does Peter King write anything accurate or worth reading these days, but at least he shows some semblance of clue here.