I hope no one complains about the announcing team

The Radish

Reaction score
from yesterday.

They were on the Hawks wagon the entire game. What a change.

Loved it.

:th2thumbs:

JonRud

Reaction score
Didn't hear them since I was at the game but that's good to hear. I will watch the replay tonight.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Did they have a choice? Eli went pill bug on the third play of the game, it was plain who was there to play and who wasn't.

gulliver

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing yesterday.

We're so used to dry-heaving and eye-rolling when the announcers really pour it on with how wonderful Opposing Player X is. Remember Madden fawning over Big Ben in SB XL? It's so nice to be on the other end of that for once.

Reaction score
JonRud":1ilxejcz said:
Didn't hear them since I was at the game but that's good to hear. I will watch the replay tonight.
Hey JonRud, how awful did you think that the Giants PA guy was?? I'm sure he's some 80 year old guy who has been doing it for years but in my eyes he helped to contribute to making that Stadium about as exciting as a morgue.

JonRud

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":1aebkmu6 said:
JonRud":1aebkmu6 said:
Hey JonRud, how awful did you think that the Giants PA guy was?? I'm sure he's some 80 year old guy who has been doing it for years but in my eyes he helped to contribute to making that Stadium about as exciting as a morgue.

You know it's funny, at first I thought it was Bob Sheppard back from the dead. For those of you who don't know Sheppard was the Yankees & Giants PA announcer for about 60 years.

I agree it sounded like an old guy doing a parody of Sheppard. He was probably cold and drinking a lot of bourborn or something.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
can't complain, but they were slurping off the Giants a bit until we started dominating them. Overall? yeah, it was fair.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't understand people complaining about announcers. If you don't like it, turn it off. It's a choice and if you choose to listen then deal with it. Much ado about nothing.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2fub0c8g said:
I don't understand people complaining about announcers. If you don't like it, turn it off. It's a choice and if you choose to listen then deal with it. Much ado about nothing.

Are you suggesting the people that complain turn off the game?! Shenanigans! I'd rather read people whine about an announcer than miss our Hawks win! Kidding aside you probably meant volume off? Volume 12

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":20da9jfy said:
John Lynch offers better commentary than a lot of guys.

I like Lynch because he's a former DB and not a former QB. Listening to Aikman a week ago was horrible, every time a receiver got touched he thought it was a great call or should have been a penalty. Lynch understand's it and is far more objective when it comes to how the game is played. I've always liked him when he gets the Hawks

Scottemojo

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":may51rha said:
MontanaHawk05":may51rha said:

I like Lynch because he's a former DB and not a former QB. Listening to Aikman a week ago was horrible, every time a receiver got touched he thought it was a great call or should have been a penalty. Lynch understand's it and is far more objective when it comes to how the game is played. I've always liked him when he gets the Hawks
Fox's number one crew is painful, between Aikman's QB persona and Buck's remedial football 101 for dummies.

I love watching the all 22 just because there is no audio. It's amazing how often my perception changes when no announcer is interjecting his thoughts and the crowd is muted.

longsh0t

Reaction score
If all my components weren't going through an AV Receiver I'd just turn off the TV volume and listen to the Raible and Moon accounce the game on 710 AM. Maybe I can find one of these badboys on Craigslist.

boombox1.jpg

seahawksny

Reaction score
Burkhardt is pretty good- he also does the New York Mets in the stands ( like a sideline reporter). Never had any complaints

John Lynch? Safety, so we know he gives kudos to Earl Thomas when he sees it

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
longsh0t":1viff2cz said:
If all my components weren't going through an AV Receiver I'd just turn off the TV volume and listen to the Raible and Moon accounce the game on 710 AM. Maybe I can find one of these badboys on Craigslist.
So your cable box goes directly to you AV unit (which then sends the video to your TV and audio to your speakers?)

Consider going cable box to TV and sending the audio on to the receiver from the TV output. You may have too many video sources to make this viable but the benefit is you could listen to any audio source you want without sacrificing the video feed from the cable box.

Then maybe doing something like this:

If you have a laptop or computer nearby, get a male-to-male 1/8" stereo jack (like http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Cable-ST35MM-06-Stereo-Feet/dp/B002JCOX5U) to connect the headphone out on the radio to the microphone in of the computer.

then get a 1/8" stereo to RCA cable (like http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-Cable-CM...F8&qid=1387214282&sr=8-1&keywords=1/8"+to+rca)to conncet the headphone jack of the computer to your AV unit (or RCA input of the TV if you don't have a separate unit)

then run a piece of software (like http://www.fountainware.com/Products/AudioDelay/index.htm) that creates creates a delay that you can sync with your TV.

You'll probably have to enable mic monitoring in your sound preferences (Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording) be sure to disable afterward if you use a regular mic as you'll likely get feedback loops.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1nr9zsm3 said:
AbsolutNET":1nr9zsm3 said:
MontanaHawk05":1nr9zsm3 said:

Fox's number one crew is painful, between Aikman's QB persona and Buck's remedial football 101 for dummies.........
Agree with both of you. Lynch and The Beard are far preferable to Aikman.

KK84

Reaction score
JonRud":oza19pth said:
Chrome_Seahawk":oza19pth said:
JonRud":oza19pth said:

You know it's funny, at first I thought it was Bob Sheppard back from the dead. For those of you who don't know Sheppard was the Yankees & Giants PA announcer for about 60 years.

I agree it sounded like an old guy doing a parody of Sheppard. He was probably cold and drinking a lot of bourborn or something.

He was absolutely awful. Couldn't understand most of what he said.

253hawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2s1jgw9l said:

The best part of having a surround setup is being able to disable the center channel with a button press. Then it really is like being at the game, save for the commercial breaks.

Lynch and Burkhardt are actually okay, I don't mind them.

Oh god...Buck and Aikman are doing the Owl this year. :34853_doh: