12 travel tradition

Hop_Head

Reaction score
We have had so much fan support on the road this season. It makes me very proud to be a 12. Next year I, Hop Head, pledge to attend a road game.

I think to cement our place in history as the best sports fans of all time, every Seahawks fan that is fortunate enough to do so, should try to attend an away game.

What do you think?
Who's comin' with me?

dunceface

Reaction score
looks like they might be comin down to SD, if so I'm 100% going to that game!

dsquid

Reaction score
Lots of 12s at Met-Life stadium yesterday, which I expected. But I was surprised by the number of folks I talked to that had flown in from Seattle for the game. At least a dozen that I chatted with had made the trip. Percentage wise, that tells me that there were many, many more. I even met a couple of Italian guys fully decked out in Hawks gear at the Rum Bar (200 level.) A few more years like this to grow the fan base, and that feeling of being alone in an enemy stadium will be a thing of the DISTANT past.

warden

Reaction score
I was doing road games long before it was cool to do so

JonRud

Reaction score
Here was the best sign at the tailgate.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387199849383162

Steve2222

Reaction score
I love being apart of the 12th Man at CentLink, but nothing beats going into opposing territory with a Seahawks jersey on.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I swear, at one point, the 12's were louder than the home crowd.... I'm sorry, I meant at EVERY point. ;)

Renohawk

Reaction score
I was doing road games in early 80's when you didn't want to represent on the road, especially in LA with them Raiders. You wear your gear, and most likely ended up with food, drinks or blood on you.

Reaction score
tom sawyer":26y5p3kb said:
I swear, at one point, the 12's were louder than the home crowd.... I'm sorry, I meant at EVERY point. ;)
I asked a Giants fan near me if the crowd got more into it if the Giants were doing better in the standings. ..he did yes, but I think we are still spoiled by am awesome Gameday experience in Seattle.

jackflash50

Reaction score
I brought my daughter to her first game yesterday and she loved it!! The Giants fan who caught Lynch's shoe was kind enough to let her take a picture with it.
Great time before the game as well partying with the 12's.

THANKS GUYS! Living in CT I don't get to see too many games live but I always try to go when they are in a 7 hour radius of us.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I love that the 12th man is showing up everywhere. Some were repping before we were good, some started because of it. To me, it's all good. That's how I became a fan, back in 04. As long as you stick around for the bad years too, the more the merrier.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I wish traveling to the games wasn't so dang expensive. So many people miss out on the experience because it just cost so much money. I was able to make two away games this year, and I consider myself blessed that I was able to do that. If one of them had not been in Houston, probably wouldn't have done two. Attending those games was some of the best times I've had in recent years. It's just to bad, more people can't do it.
GoHawks.

jblaze

Reaction score
Yeah I'm constantly surprised and delighted by the fervor of our fans. Saw this come across Twitter earlier today and got a smile out of it.

Hey guys 'tis season ‏@BestGuyAround 2h

One of my (NYer) coworkers on a flight to Seattle: "On a flight with a hundred insufferably jolly Seahawks fans. No exaggeration. 100+"

JonRud

Reaction score
Here are my travel results for games I have attended over the past 12 months.

Seahawks 58 Cards 0 [2,405 miles from my house]
Seahawks 50 Bills 17 [348 miles]
Seahawks 34 Saints 7 [2,405 miles]
Seahawks 23 Giants 0 [40 miles]

Total score:

Seahawks 165 Opponents 24

I think I need to attend more games. Maybe I can convince the wife to pack up the kids and move to Seattle for the next month??

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
JonRud":1x123hce said:
Here are my travel results for games I have attended over the past 12 months.

Seahawks 58 Cards 0 [2,405 miles from my house]
Seahawks 50 Bills 17 [348 miles]
Seahawks 34 Saints 7 [2,405 miles]
Seahawks 23 Giants 0 [40 miles]

Total score:

Seahawks 165 Opponents 24

I think I need to attend more games. Maybe I can convince the wife to pack up the kids and move to Seattle for the next month??
That's real cool, Jon.

VERY nice. :th2thumbs:

The wife and I are going to start going to away games next year... guaranteed.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Last year I went to the game in SF, this year we were planning on a road trip but it didn't work out. I was actually going to go to the game in Indy but my wife ended up having surgery scheduled that week. Still holding out hope that if things work out right we might be able to go to another road game at met-life this year....

I'm going to shoot to go to at least one road game every season if possible. As a season ticket holder it's already a hefty investment to see the hawks play but it's worth it for a trip for me and my dad.

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
My wife and I live in SoCal and let me tell you all, Seahawk fans are everywhere. We always represent the hawks and no matter where we go, we run into fans. Costco, Walmart, on the street. In fact, our church has 7 fans and next year we're starting our own Seahawk group for the games, unless we are out of town to a game. This year we went to Arizona and Seattle. Next year, Seahawks in San Diego, Kansas City and Arizona just to name three road games we will be attending. Hawk on....