When Thurmonds suspension is up...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
When Thurmonds suspension is up...
Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:13 pm
  • Does Maxwell keep the starting job? I know Thurmond is the slot guy but in our base D who will be the 2nd CB?
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Re: When Thurmonds suspension is up...
Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:15 pm
  • I think you'll see Thurmond start opposite Sherman, then move into the slot while Maxwell comes in on the outside in nickel packages.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:20 pm
  • I'd be hard pressed to knock Maxwell out of the starting spot. For the rest of this year and next. Dude's been fantastic
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:25 pm
  • i too was wondering if maxwell has already played his way into the starting corner spot. 3 ints in 2 games...
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:27 pm
  • You know Pete's all about competition so if Maxwell continues this course over the next two weeks I think he starts over Thurmond. What an embarrassment of riches we have.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:31 pm
  • They'll compete, and the better man deserves it. That being said, I think Thurmond will get it. Perception changes quickly, Maxwell is no slouch at all, and far from it, but he was getting targeted pretty bad last week and the week before that. Either way, this defense gets a huge boost with Thrumond returning and then hopefully Browner, Harvin and Wright returning.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:34 pm
  • I expect to see Maxwell playing the outside most of the time, while Thurmond slides into the nickle back spot.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:37 pm
  • Maxwell is getting better. He is getting his head turned and playing the ball well. Even Lane is making plays out there. I like Thurmond in coverage, but Max is turning into a stud that has earned his shot.

I bet that if he isn't starting that he gets a lot more playing time. The Nickel and Dime looks are going to be so good. Max is going to ball out at home.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:39 pm
  • dontbelikethat wrote:They'll compete, and the better man deserves it. That being said, I think Thurmond will get it. Perception changes quickly, Maxwell is no slouch at all, and far from it, but he was getting targeted pretty bad last week and the week before that. Either way, this defense gets a huge boost with Thrumond returning and then hopefully Browner, Harvin and Wright returning.
    Yes please.:)
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:40 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:I think you'll see Thurmond start opposite Sherman, then move into the slot while Maxwell comes in on the outside in nickel packages.

Exactly. Max is strong on the outside and Thurmond does a fantastic job in the middle. Max is as physical as Browner and can play the run so there are a lot of options there.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:41 pm
  • Maxwell will keep his spot. Thurmond will go back to slot where Lane is currently. But they'll probably alternate there.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:48 pm
  • What happens if Browner heals up and the appeal is overturned?
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:49 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:What happens if Browner heals up and the appeal is overturned?

We will have one fantastic dime defense
    warden
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:51 pm
  • We will be better.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:55 pm
  • I think Lane with his speed and shiftiness is a great fit in the nickle. Now that he is getting lots of playing time he is getting better. I thought he played great today. I would have to watch the game again but our secondary might just have played their best game as a unit with the two youngsters in the line up this season.
    CD_Hawks
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:03 pm
  • If Thurmond comes back, I honestly rather keep Maxwell as the starting right corner. Why disrupt when he's already playing so well, making plays after plays? They way Thurmond and Maxwell played thus far, I see Maxwell getting the nod. He's simply superior at the moment. You guys can argue saying Thurmond had better potential blah, blah, blah. But its not proven till you see it. I'd put in Thurmond in the nickel and have him rotate with Lane.
    raisethe3
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:05 pm
  • I hope Browner comes back and plays a lot.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:06 pm
  • raisethe3 wrote:If Thurmond comes back, I honestly rather keep Maxwell as the starting right corner. Why disrupt when he's already playing so well, making plays after plays? They way Thurmond and Maxwell played thus far, I see Maxwell getting the nod. He's simply superior at the moment. You guys can argue saying Thurmond had better potential blah, blah, blah. But its not proven till you see it. I'd put in Thurmond in the nickel and have him rotate with Lane.

This ^
    CD_Hawks
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:19 pm
  • It would stay how it was/is. Maxwell on the outside and Thurmond on the inside. Thurmond is not as good as Maxwell on the outside. Maxwell is not as good as Thurmond on the inside.

Simple as that.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:20 pm
  • Maxwell is going to get us killed with penalties against some officiating crews. I think he should start, but Pete should be quick to pull him if it's evident early that we are dealing with a tight-assed crew that week. Thankfully officials tend to call things much looser in the playoffs, and especially the Super Bowl.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:23 pm
  • Maxwell & Lane are playing great! Pete has a chance to teach a valuable lesson. Don't get suspended if you want to keep your job!
    I would rather have an army of Dogs led by a Pug than an army of Pugs led by a Dog. ~Napoleon
    pugs1
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:46 pm
  • Pretty sure when Thurmond comes back he is lining up outside and will move to the slot on nickel.
    Remember, Browner beat out Thurmond beat out Maxwell beat out lane.

period. no matter what we all think. at least that's how pete has played it all year at all positions
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:29 pm
  • kearly wrote:Maxwell is going to get us killed with penalties against some officiating crews. I think he should start, but Pete should be quick to pull him if it's evident early that we are dealing with a tight-assed crew that week. Thankfully officials tend to call things much looser in the playoffs, and especially the Super Bowl.

I noticed this too. I also noticed the Seahawks receivers getting mugged today. The difference is that the NY corners don't have a reputation.
    HawkNuts
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:34 pm
  • Game situation experience is good for the young guys. Even if Browner wins an appeal (is there still a case against him?), he may not be 100% for a while.
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:13 pm
  • mrblitz wrote:i too was wondering if maxwell has already played his way into the starting corner spot. 3 ints in 2 games...

Don't forget two near picks in the game before that.
    Kixkahn
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information