If the Saints lose...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
If the Saints lose...
Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:10 pm
  • we are the #1 automatically, yes???

I didn't see this anywhere....
    "It wasn't meant to be a vindictive thing but it sure felt good." ~ Steve Largent
    PateratoWilson
    NET Rookie

Re: If the Saints lose...
Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:11 pm
  • We haven't even clinched the division yet.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:11 pm
  • No. The Niners can still overtake us if we lose out and they win out.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:13 pm
  • That's right...
    Sorry...
    "It wasn't meant to be a vindictive thing but it sure felt good." ~ Steve Largent
    PateratoWilson
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:15 pm
  • We only eliminate the possibility of the #2, #3, #4, or #6.

Edit: Saints could still get 13 wins at this time.

Edit #2...thus the title of this thread...:) And the Rams are rolling...
    Last edited by BlueTalons on Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:23 pm
  • I forgot about the Whiners... my bad. ha

Thanks guys.
    PateratoWilson
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:29 pm
  • Magic number is 1. For the season enchilada. The division, HFA and best record in the NFL. They are amazing folks.

I can only laugh at all the Niner fans who disregarded the way the Hawks played on the road last year. All the predictions of regression and road losses. I remember many of them saying "no way the Chickens go undefeated at home again, they can't win out of Seattle. 9-7."

How does a 6-2 road record sound?

I have heard it before, teams that play good on the road get to play at home in the playoffs. I am so jacked!

Go Hawks! 1 more baby!
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:09 pm
  • A Saints loss would eliminate the 2 seed as an option. It would be only the #1 or #5 if saints lose. A Win by the Hawks OR a loss by the 49ers would lock up the 1 seed.
    Stuje1
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:16 pm
  • Just doesn't matter what our competition does. We are in complete control of our fate and even have some room for error
    warden
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:25 pm
  • PateratoWilson wrote:I forgot about the Whiners... my bad. ha

Thanks guys.

It's alright, they are pretty forgettable.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:26 pm
  • This would be true if we had taken care of the Niners.

Unfortunately we let the Niners hang around.

They could still end up the #1 seed and we could end up #5. Should have taken care of business.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:34 pm
  • warden wrote:Just doesn't matter what our competition does. We are in complete control of our fate and even have some room for error

Disagree.. Although we only need 1 more win (in regular season ) there is no room for errors IMO.
    Watching Beast Mode run the ball.
    Catching a Bo Jackson baseball. Kingdome, centerfield, over the cannon.
    Jim Presley with a full count, 2 out, down by 3, bottom of the 9th Grand Slam.

My favorite all time sports memory
    "The Seattle Seahawks are Super Bowl CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!"
    JaiSeaSea
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:20 pm
  • Funny thing is The 49ers need both CAR 'AND' NO to lose another game to be able to even have HFA. Of course they play each other so that eliminates one team and then you have CAR @ ATL and TB @ NO.

But it's not even going to go that far cause SEA wont lose the next two home games.
    JGreen79
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:24 pm
  • HawkFan72 wrote:This would be true if we had taken care of the Niners.

They could still end up the #1 seed and we could end up #5. Should have taken care of business.

Are people really hung up on this? Does anyone seriously think the Cards win next week. C'mon.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:37 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:This would be true if we had taken care of the Niners.

Are people really hung up on this? Does anyone seriously think the Cards win next week. C'mon.

Just saying it COULD happen. Otherwise the NFL would have already awarded us the #1 seed and the division. It's simple mathematics. It could happen.

It won't, but it could. Not sure why that's hard to understand.

Now that the Saints have lost, does this mean that the 49ers are now the only "threat" to us having the #1 seed? There is no way the Saints can get now, even if we somehow lost the next 2, right?
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:46 pm
  • HawkFan72 wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:

Unfortunately we let the Niners hang around.]

Just saying it COULD happen. Otherwise the NFL would have already awarded us the #1 seed and the division. It's simple mathematics. It could happen.

Now that the Saints have lost, does this mean that the 49ers are now the only "threat" to us having the #1 seed? There is no way the Saints can get now, even if we somehow lost the next 2, right?

No, what I don't understand is why you've spent a week handwringing about the 49ers loss and losing the division. Read your first two lines again, then stop acting like Seattle has a half game lead.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:10 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:

Unfortunately we let the Niners hang around.]

No, what I don't understand is why you've spent a week handwringing about the 49ers loss and losing the division. Read your first two lines again, then stop acting like Seattle has a half game lead.

I haven't spent a week handwringing. I haven't even posted about the Niners game since last weekend. I just think it would have been nice to handle business last week so we would have the #1 seed locked up already.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:13 pm
  • If the Seahawks cant take care of Arizona and St. Louis at HOME!!!!!!!!!

Then why even worry about Home field advantage in the playoffs.
    strohmin
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:25 pm
  • PateratoWilson wrote:we are the #1 automatically, yes???

I didn't see this anywhere....

No. If we win the division we are, but unfortunately San Fran won today. Had San Fran lost or tied, Seattle would have clinched HFA.

However, Seattle only has to win or tie a single game, and it's all moot.

However, the Saints loss did insure that Seattle will not be the number two seed (or 3, 4, or 6 seeds either).
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:02 pm
  • How does the tiebreaker work? Best the niners can do is tie us. We have the same division record and are 1-1 vs the Niners. Plus we beat the Saints and the Panthers who beat the niners. How can they still win the division if we drop our last 2? I know this isn;t going to happen, just curious, i would have thought that the victories over common opponents would give us the edge.
    12 LOUD AND PROUD 12
    SEAHAWKBLITZ
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:10 pm
  • SEAHAWKBLITZ wrote:How does the tiebreaker work? Best the niners can do is tie us. We have the same division record and are 1-1 vs the Niners. Plus we beat the Saints and the Panthers who beat the niners. How can they still win the division if we drop our last 2? I know this isn;t going to happen, just curious, i would have thought that the victories over common opponents would give us the edge.

No problem. The issue arises because Goodell in his "infinate" wisdom backloaded our division games. Basically San Fran has played five of their six division games going 4-1 while we've only played four of our six division games going 3-1. Thus in order for San Fran and Seattle to wind up tied (at 12-4) Seattle has to have a division record of 3-3 while San Fran would have a division record of 5-1.

If Seattle doesn't lose to San Fran in division record, the Seattle beats San Fran with a better record regardless and so it's moot.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:45 pm
  • HawkFan72 wrote:This would be true if we had taken care of the Niners.

Who cares about the Niners? The NFL just stuck the Hawks at home and put one game between them and HFA with two games left.

Look at it this way, worrying about it isn't going to change anything. Expecting a team to go 15-1 is a pretty lofty expectation. So is 14-2, but it is likely going to happen.

I say screw the Niners, they beat average and bad teams and struggle with good ones, even at home. They are screwed in the post season. No first round bye, no cupcake home game, no choke team waiting for them in Atlanta.

They are dead to me... Enjoy the ride.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:03 am
  • SEAHAWKBLITZ wrote:How does the tiebreaker work? Best the niners can do is tie us. We have the same division record and are 1-1 vs the Niners. Plus we beat the Saints and the Panthers who beat the niners. How can they still win the division if we drop our last 2? I know this isn;t going to happen, just curious, i would have thought that the victories over common opponents would give us the edge.

>>> Clicky Linky <<<
    Loudest stadium in the WORLD >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYwGDOlaPQ4 <<<
    FairWeatherFan
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:35 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:No. The Niners can still overtake us if we lose out and they win out.

That's true. If we lose the last two games against the Cards and StL and the Niners win their last two, it would go down to winning percentage within our division, and they will have swept both while we'd split with both. We'd have a 12-4 record and end up with a wild card. Boy, wouldn't that suck?

The Saints took themselves out of the HFA picture today. They'll be lucky to win their division as they have to play at Carolina next week, and as we've seen, the Saints are a completely different team on the road.

As was stated, our magic number is 1, either a loss by the Niners or a win by us gives us the division and HFA. I think we beat the Cards easily next Sunday. The Clink will really be rocking!
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:54 am
  • I understand the paranoia being a Seahawks fan, and subsequently focusing on "what can go wrong" or "What if...".

But the fact remains that this Seahawks team ( and last year's, to a lesser degree) is the best one we've had in franchise history. That's because we are clutch, and mentally tougher than any team in the NFL right now, and have been all year.

Even our 2 losses were games in which we could've won, yet didn't choke them away, either. And it's the latter that was always a factor for the Seahawk teams past. Historically, we've been a team that's confident AFTER the fact. When we had a huge lead, then we believed. Conversely, when we got stomached punched early in a game - regular season or playoffs - we usually folded.

The 2013 Seattle Seahawks are different. So while technically, yes, anything is possible, you have to focus instead on the facts. And that facts are that we are the best team in the conference, that we've proven it on the field, and that we hold the best HFA in the game.

I have no doubt that, one week from now, we will reclaim the NFC West and gain HFA throughout the playoffs.
    Zorn76
    NET Rookie

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information