Championship Season Continues

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I won't pretend that I wasn't nervous for much of this game. I felt our offense never really got into any kind of a good rhythm and the Giants defense came prepared and harassed Russell all day long. I would have hoped to see our offense light up the scoreboard and not have to continuously settle for field goals instead of touchdowns, but all-in-all, this team just continues to do what it has to do to win.

Credit to the Giants defense who played our offense and Russell tough. They had a lot of pride and it showed. In the end it was our defense that simply proved to be absolutely stellar. 5 interceptions and they only crossed into our side of the field ONCE in the entire game. Incredible. Incredible.

12-2.

We will clinch (oh yes we will) our division and HFA next Sunday at home against the Cardinals. The 49ers are getting hot at the right time but the race for the division ends next Sunday. I PRAY we face them at home in the playoffs. While I respect that they are one of the better teams in the NFL with everyone healthy, I want to show the world that the reign for the 49ers is over, and it will come at our hands, in our home.

The magical season continues and I am almost certain it ends with Russell Wilson hoisting the Lombardi in February.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Well said! Well said! I agree on all accounts.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
How does 14-2 sound? Damn good to me and that will be our final regular season record this year. Heaven.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Yeah I want 14-2 also. Agree Vagiants D played well today, but Russ didn't. He missed Zach for easy TDs twice and that int was ugly (locked on the receiver without a look off......VERY unlike him.....I think he was a bit frustrated by all the FG drives). He will play better from here on out however.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2k1zqp7o said:
Yeah I want 14-2 also. Agree Vagiants D played well today, but Russ didn't. He missed Zach for easy TDs twice and that int was ugly (locked on the receiver without a look off......VERY unlike him.....I think he was a bit frustrated by all the FG drives). He will play better from here on out however.

Yeah, although he had his usual Houdini moments, this was far from Russell's best game today. The Giants D frustrated him pretty good. That INT was so uncharacteristic of him I am still surprised he threw that floater ball into double coverage like that.

I agree, he will play better to finish the season at home, which will put him in the right frame of mind headed into the playoffs. Not worried.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Aros":1azi9lsp said:
hawksfansinceday1":1azi9lsp said:

I agree, he will play better to finish the season at home, which will put him in the right frame of mind headed into the playoffs. Not worried.
Me neither. I heard he was really psyched to play for the first time in NY so maybe he was too amped up? Regardless, he got the so-so game in NY out of the way so when the Hawks are there in early Feb. he'll be on his game.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Seahawkx":3t5il1dq said:
Wasn't the Di vision clinch with the quin today?

No if we lost our final 2 games and the 49ers won theirs, we would tie...and they would win the tiebreaker based on division and/or conference record, I believe.

Latest posts