Championship Season Continues

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Championship Season Continues
Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:33 pm
  • I won't pretend that I wasn't nervous for much of this game. I felt our offense never really got into any kind of a good rhythm and the Giants defense came prepared and harassed Russell all day long. I would have hoped to see our offense light up the scoreboard and not have to continuously settle for field goals instead of touchdowns, but all-in-all, this team just continues to do what it has to do to win.

Credit to the Giants defense who played our offense and Russell tough. They had a lot of pride and it showed. In the end it was our defense that simply proved to be absolutely stellar. 5 interceptions and they only crossed into our side of the field ONCE in the entire game. Incredible. Incredible.

12-2.

We will clinch (oh yes we will) our division and HFA next Sunday at home against the Cardinals. The 49ers are getting hot at the right time but the race for the division ends next Sunday. I PRAY we face them at home in the playoffs. While I respect that they are one of the better teams in the NFL with everyone healthy, I want to show the world that the reign for the 49ers is over, and it will come at our hands, in our home.

The magical season continues and I am almost certain it ends with Russell Wilson hoisting the Lombardi in February.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Championship Season Continues
Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:34 pm
  • Well said! Well said! I agree on all accounts.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:42 pm
  • How does 14-2 sound? Damn good to me and that will be our final regular season record this year. Heaven.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:45 pm
  • Yeah I want 14-2 also. Agree Vagiants D played well today, but Russ didn't. He missed Zach for easy TDs twice and that int was ugly (locked on the receiver without a look off......VERY unlike him.....I think he was a bit frustrated by all the FG drives). He will play better from here on out however.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:48 pm
  • Wasn't the Di vision clinch with the quin today?
    Seahawkx
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:24 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Yeah I want 14-2 also. Agree Vagiants D played well today, but Russ didn't. He missed Zach for easy TDs twice and that int was ugly (locked on the receiver without a look off......VERY unlike him.....I think he was a bit frustrated by all the FG drives). He will play better from here on out however.

Yeah, although he had his usual Houdini moments, this was far from Russell's best game today. The Giants D frustrated him pretty good. That INT was so uncharacteristic of him I am still surprised he threw that floater ball into double coverage like that.

I agree, he will play better to finish the season at home, which will put him in the right frame of mind headed into the playoffs. Not worried.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:33 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Yeah I want 14-2 also. Agree Vagiants D played well today, but Russ didn't. He missed Zach for easy TDs twice and that int was ugly (locked on the receiver without a look off......VERY unlike him.....I think he was a bit frustrated by all the FG drives). He will play better from here on out however.

I agree, he will play better to finish the season at home, which will put him in the right frame of mind headed into the playoffs. Not worried.

Me neither. I heard he was really psyched to play for the first time in NY so maybe he was too amped up? Regardless, he got the so-so game in NY out of the way so when the Hawks are there in early Feb. he'll be on his game.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:58 pm
  • 23-0 shut out 10 am road game? I aint even mad
    BleedGreenNblue
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:02 pm
  • BleedGreenNblue wrote:23-0 shut out 10 am road game? I aint even mad

this! :0190l:
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:02 pm
  • Seahawkx wrote:Wasn't the Di vision clinch with the quin today?

No if we lost our final 2 games and the 49ers won theirs, we would tie...and they would win the tiebreaker based on division and/or conference record, I believe.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information