Can special teams break the punt return record?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Here are the least yards allowed from punt returns in a season per NFL Records:

Fewest Yards Allowed, Punt Returns, Season

22 Green Bay, 1967
    30 Buffalo, 1982
    34 Washington, 1962

As I'm sure everyone already knows, the Seahawks have only given up 15 yards total in punt returns this season. Records that stand from clear back in the 60's are pretty rare. Records that go all the way back to the 40's?

Lowest Average Allowed, Punt Returns, Season

1.20 Chi. Cardinals, 1954 (46-55)
    1.22 Cleveland, 1959 (32-39)
    1.55 Chi. Cardinals, 1953 (44-68)

The Seahawks? To date they are averaging 1.15

Record or not, this is a historically good punt return team. If some of these guys don't go to the Pro Bowl or win All Pro honors, then the awards are a joke. Like Pro Football Focus said: There are special teams and then there's the Seahawks.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• Even if we don't quite break it, that 22 by Green Bay was when seasons were 14 games long. We've already effectively broken it if we keep it to 21 or less in tomorrow's game; though, I realize it doesn't work that way.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• If it snows it changes everything considering a record. It could get wacky out there.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• There shouldn't be any punts tomorrow...
    SoCalSeahawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• SoCalSeahawk wrote:There shouldn't be any punts tomorrow...

This

But i have a feeling punts for days in the st. Louis game
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• Since it has become a bit subject in the forum this week... it's pretty much dust tomorrow.

Why oh why, must fans provoke the football gods?
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:Even if we don't quite break it, that 22 by Green Bay was when seasons were 14 games long. We've already effectively broken it if we keep it to 21 or less in tomorrow's game; though, I realize it doesn't work that way.

Excellent point and I'm not sure why the NFL insists on going "Season" when they should go "Per Game." Well I do know, because they love talking about breaking season records. It's BS if someone breaks a record in 16 games that was set in a 14 game season. But it makes for great headlines.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:46 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information