How is James Carpenter Playing this Season?

Wee-Bey

Reaction score
I've been paying close attention to James Carpenter over the last month and a half, and have been pleased with his play after formerly deciding he were a burn out. He isn't the best in pass pro, but he's steadily developed as a grinding, run blocking guard that fits well next to one of the better all around left tackles in the game. With his finally staying healthy, I'd say he's put together a solid season. Not worthy of where he was drafted, but good all the same.

For anyone else whose been following his progression, how do you feel about James Carpenter's level of play this season?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Well the best compliment you can give an O-Lineman is telling him you never hear his name or number called during games.

So I'd say this is Carp's best year as a Hawk. *knocks on wood*

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I think we would have seen him at tackle when both our starters went out, but for the reason of developing him at HIS position they didn't. And I think it has paid off. He is for sure getting better in there. Conditioning every off season will probably be an issue though... Lol

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The best that I can say is his arrow is trending upward... while McQuistan's is trending downward.

RiverDog

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":93afhjia said:
I think we would have seen him at tackle when both our starters went out, but for the reason of developing him at HIS position they didn't. And I think it has paid off. He is for sure getting better in there. Conditioning every off season will probably be an issue though... Lol

Carpenter was a complete bust as a tackle. He simply doesn't have the foot quickness to play the position. There is no sense putting him out there and allowing him to get embarrassed and demoralized, even if it's in response to injury to others. The best decision Cable ever made was giving up on the experiment and putting him inside where he has a better chance of success.

The fact that he's now starting is a plus, but we haven't seen corresponding results in our running game the past couple of weeks, which is odd because you'd expect it to flourish after having gotten both our starting tackles back. Hopefully that changes this Sunday.

OP
OP
Wee-Bey

Wee-Bey

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":30svjg9a said:
The best that I can say is his arrow is trending upward... while McQuistan's is trending downward.

Well, the 49ers have a great defense, and the Saints played to take away the run. Plus, I think he exited the game in the 2nd quarter for Mcquistan anyway.

Latest posts