Week 15 Practice Report (THURS UPDATE)

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html[/urltargetblank]

Wright is listed as OUT which is obvious due to his surgery

there were 8 others who did not participate. I'll break them down to the best of my ability

Unlikely to play

Browner - From the sounds of things, Browner's speedy recovery was more mirage than anything else. Although he's supposedly healing fairly quick, he isn't expected to practice this week at all.

Harvin - I put him here, because as we have seen, they are playing it extremely safe with him. Unless his status changes from DNP I won't even begin to think he has a shot to play

Should Play

Unger - Although Unger was hurt during the game, the word is that he is likely to play..something to watch the Thursday and Friday practice reports for

Clemons - His missed practice wasn't injury related so I don't expect an issue here

Baldwin, Miller & Morgan - these three were all quiet additions to the report. I haven't heard anything about serious issues with any of them, so I would assume for now that they are just being given a little extra time to recuperate from the game

Lynch - I'd have been more surprised if he wasn't on the list

One name is on the list with nothing listed for him and that's Sherman. It doesn't say whether he participated or not. I'm sure we'd have heard if he had any serious injuries, so for now it's just a mystery and may have been an input error on whomever made the list (either adding his name by mistake or more likely, leaving off his participation level)

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I just saw the report on Facebook and it said that Sherman did not practice(foot).

saltyak

Reaction score
How alarming is it that Sherman didn't practice? I don't follow these reports too closely.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Yeah, it said Sherm DNP for "foot." They list Marshawn's injury as a 'shoulder'... that might be why he didn't look as beastly against the whiners. Baldwin has a 'neck' injury and Miller is listed as 'Ribs.' Why do I get the feeling the Niners were purposely inflicting injury to derail us? Every injury is post niner game and all to key players. All because Harbaugh "wants cake and wants it now? " Yeah, I know, 'conspiracy,' but with this entitled bunch of pr#cks and the way they were talking pregame, it's not very far-fetched.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Sherman sat out last week on Wednesday as well mostly as a day of rest. I wouldn't worry unless he sits out tomorrow too.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
This late in the season (and really anytime for guys like Lynch) It's not uncommon at all to get an extra day of rest on one day during the week. Friday is the big day. Most guys who are going to play get at least limited practice reps on Friday's report. There are two reasons I watch the non-friday reports...one is to see if any players get added between Wednesday and Thursday...this can sometimes show a player who gets an injury in practice that you may otherwise never hear about and that leads to the second reason. guys who tend to sit out a practice or two may have nagging issues and that COULD have an affect on how they play the game. It can be interesting to watch how a player reacts on gameday and see if their nagging injuries are affecting their play on the field on gameday.

Basis4day

Reaction score
It's not worth it to freak out regarding the Wednesday injury rpt, especially this late in the season. Everyone is banged up, even if not listed on rpt.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
All the same names on the thursday edition, and all the ones we thought were just resting, it seems like they mostly were. There is just one name besides Harvin & Browner that Did not participate Thursday and that is Zach Miller. He is listed with a rib injury. I seriously hope they are just getting him some time to get right and that some extra tape and he'll be good to go on Sunday. I like Willson, but he's still not the do all TE that Miller is.

Baldwin, Clemons, Lynch, Morgan & Sherman were all FULL Participants today

Unger was a LIMITED participant, so that is a good sign for his chances of playing this weekend

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Sherm has been playing hurt for a while. Not sure what the issue is but he's not the same guy as early in the season.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1bw78jat said:
Yeah, it said Sherm DNP for "foot." They list Marshawn's injury as a 'shoulder'... that might be why he didn't look as beastly against the whiners. Baldwin has a 'neck' injury and Miller is listed as 'Ribs.' Why do I get the feeling the Niners were purposely inflicting injury to derail us? Every injury is post niner game and all to key players. All because Harbaugh "wants cake and wants it now? " Yeah, I know, 'conspiracy,' but with this entitled bunch of pr#cks and the way they were talking pregame, it's not very far-fetched.
Not far fetched in the least, but what those dumb bastages fail to realize, is that it's only going to get worse for them when they come back to the Clink and play the healed up Seahawks.
If Jim Hardouche was trying to send any intimidation messages to Pete Carroll, he's only p*ssi=*ng in the wind.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
scutterhawk":18lfr2qz said:
HawKnPeppa":18lfr2qz said:
Not far fetched in the least, but what those dumb bastages fail to realize, is that it's only going to get worse for them when they come back to the Clink and play the healed up Seahawks.
If Jim Hardouche was trying to send any intimidation messages to Pete Carroll, he's only p*ssi=*ng in the wind.

Of course it isn't far fetched. The Hawks have smacked the Niners around like a blow - up doll on a Submarine. That won't change. The Hawks took everything the Niners tried to dish out and were a blown run play away from winning in SF. That game is just another blowout in the Clink.

I take little from the reports of practice this late in the season. We know how they practice and PC is just planning for one last road trip.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Official game day statuses:

OUT: Wright, Harvin, Browner.
PROBABLE: Miller, Unger, Lynch, Sherman, Morgan, Baldwin, Clemons, McDaniel.

About as good as one could have hoped. Miller and Unger making it back is especially good news.

jblaze

Reaction score
Pretty cool that we could have Thurmond AND Browner back for the last game. Get some reps and get ready! Then take two weeks off.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
jblaze":2a3rweuh said:
Pretty cool that we could have Thurmond AND Browner back for the last game. Get some reps and get ready! Then take two weeks off.
Do a couple bong hits and get all gakked for the last game together.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":irnlsopb said:
Official game day statuses:

OUT: Wright, Harvin, Browner.
PROBABLE: Miller, Unger, Lynch, Sherman, Morgan, Baldwin, Clemons, McDaniel.

About as good as one could have hoped. Miller and Unger making it back is especially good news.

Everyone who is probable was a FULL PARTICIPANT in today's practice except for McDaniel who missed today only, due to illness...hopefully it's just a 24 hour thing and he is ready and raring to go on Sunday

HawkWow

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2tx9zh2n said:
scutterhawk":2tx9zh2n said:
HawKnPeppa":2tx9zh2n said:

The Hawks have smacked the Niners around like a blow - up doll on a Submarine.

I'm stealing this. LMAO.