DB Perrish Cox signed, Jeron Johnson IR'd

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
Looks like Shead is now the back-up to Kam according to what I am seeing from our local writers

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
This is not good. Injuries at this time of the year suck. :cry:

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Jeron Johnson has been hurt a lot this year. this is probably for the best.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
We've got the deepest roster in the league.

I'm not stressing one bit.

oasis

Reaction score
Am I the only one that's troubled that we signed a CB to replace a safety?????

So now we have 3 safeties on the roster? (I'm counting Maragos. Am I forgetting someone?)

ceej22

Reaction score
oasis":3qmd5akp said:

So now we have 3 safeties on the roster? (I'm counting Maragos. Am I forgetting someone?)

Shead is a safety who wants to play CB. He signed with Seattle because they were the only ones willing to give him that opportunity. My guess is PC feels more comfortable with him at backup S and Cox as backup CB.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
oasis":1446xk6v said:

Shead is moving over to safety. He's been practicing at both spots. I think they like him better at that position anyway.

Jville

Reaction score
oasis":d48gpptf said:

Doesn't trouble me. The starting strong safety is linebacker size and the starting free safety is cornerback size.

That hamstring injury to Johnson was his second of the year ...... this one was on the other leg.

oasis

Reaction score
oh ok. Didn't know about Shead being trained as safety.

jblaze

Reaction score
Yea Shead is a big guy too, probably fits better at the safety spot even though he has some good speed. I think of him more as a hybrid between Kam and Earl.

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
Another hit to special teams though. I hope whomever is taking Johnson's ST duties is on it. I want to blame the injuries for the shakiness of some of our ST's play. Still shaking my head on the K Osgood punt block.

:pukeface:

Chris Biderman ‏@ChrisBiderman 9m
#49ers Kassim Osgood said the Seahawks had left a gap open on the previous 2 punts before his block. They didn't adjust and he shot the gap.

:thirishdrinkers:

CANHawk

Reaction score
Yeah Shead's a safety, and at 6'1" 220 he's a bigger than average one at that. Kam is an oddity, most safties don't get that big. But then again, our whole defense really are oddities so it's all good! :)

To bad to hear about JJ. I've always liked the versatility he brought. Seemed to be able to play any position required in the secondary. Oh well, next man up.

ivotuk

Reaction score
drdiags":5s3cw296 said:
Another hit to special teams though. I hope whomever is taking Johnson's ST duties is on it. I want to blame the injuries for the shakiness of some of our ST's play. Still shaking my head on the K Osgood punt block.

:pukeface:

Chris Biderman ‏@ChrisBiderman 9m
#49ers Kassim Osgood said the Seahawks had left a gap open on the previous 2 punts before his block. They didn't adjust and he shot the gap.

:thirishdrinkers:

I think this team was starting to become apathetic, as evidenced by the break down in special teams play.

Love this teams depth, hopefully Cox isn't needed for anything more than ST.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Shead is more of a safety and that's where Seattle moved him for preseason. No worries with him as the backup safety.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
UGotHawked":29xg20ag said:
Good thing we didn't keep Winston Guy

Yeah, like Guy would be a upgrade, LMAO! He might be better at hitting his own teammates.

Latest posts