Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Giants)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There are a lot of Seahawks fans supremely confident about this game. I don't share that confidence. The weather could be a factor (yes, we can just try to feed the Beast all day but goofy things can happen to ball security in the snow/rain as well. Whether you are on the good or bad side of that ball security is a coin toss). I really wanted to beat the crap out of the 49ers and I thought at least we would win. Oh well, a 2-point loss that came down to a big run that set up the game-winning field goal against a top 5-10 team in the NFL, a bitter rival no less, is nothing to hang your head about.

Where we absolutely demolish them at our house, they barely escape with a win playing their Super Bowl in their house. We all know who the best team is right now. But the past is the past, we have the Giants at 10am to deal with in what may be similar conditions we saw last weekend in some cases.

The Seahawks SHOULD beat the Giants without much problem but who knows? I don't. Especially if they wear the all-whites again.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 23 - Giants 21

Aros' Fearless Record: 11-2

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
While I had some worries about last week closer to gameday, I don't see this one being close. The Giants have only beaten bad teams, and Seattle's going to be aching for some redemption. This one's not close.

Seattle 35 Giants 10

YTD: 10-3

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This won't be close.

Seahawks 30, Giants 13

YTD: 11-2

Bonus Picks:
Saints 23, Rams 17 (F-OT)
49ers 16, Bucs 13

Hawknballs

Reaction score
27-16 hawks.

Seahawks are an NFL second best +12 in turnovers, NY Giants are an NFL worst -13 in turnovers.

The only thing that could keep this one close is if the weather adversely affects the game. But I don't see this Seahawks game losing two in a row, and I don't see them losing to a team that they are clearly better than. I think we are a better team than SF but SF is good so the result wasn't surprising even though I picked the hawks to win.

One thing that happens when a team is "done" sometimes is that the guys start playing for their own stat lines rather than the good of the team and that means you can get guys out of position. Look for Wilson and the Seahawks to take advantage of that.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Figures that as soon as I vote for a Seahawks win again, they lose. But that won't deter me. We've actually been awesome on the road this year at times (Cardinals, Falcons).

Seahawks 27
Giants 13

RTD: 5-7(!)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
They can't run the ball at all, turn the ball over way too often, don't rush the passer very well without JPP. Weather won't be great but Hawks will deal with it well as a prep for the SB.

Hawks 27
Vagiants 6

To date 11-2 cuz I pick the Hawks to win every week damn it!

ceej22

Reaction score
It's funny how people follow their emotions. Last week we were going to destroy the Niners after what we did to the Saints. We had people picking ATL or at least a tight win over ATL after struggling against STL/TB. Now we think this game will be close because of a 2 point win vs SF.

Screw that. I won't pick an epic beat down here but Seahawks will win without question.

Seahawks 28 Giants 13

Hamhawk

Reaction score
after a loss last week, I think the Hawks bring their A game to NY,...Hawks 31 NY 13

scutterhawk

Reaction score
If you compare the 49rs to Giants (not even close in my estimation), you have to believe that we will dominate Eli and crew.
Seahawks 31 >< Giants 20

rsm650

Reaction score
ceej22":9vtjh31g said:
It's funny how people follow their emotions. Last week we were going to destroy the Niners after what we did to the Saints. We had people picking ATL or at least a tight win over ATL after struggling against STL/TB. Now we think this game will be close because of a 2 point win vs SF.

Screw that. I won't pick an epic beat down here but Seahawks will win without question.

Seahawks 28 Giants 13

I predicted 16-14 Hawks last week, but it turned out to be 19-17 49ers...

So...this time I'm going to say we get blown out, 52-21 Giants.

RTD: 10-3