Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Giants)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • There are a lot of Seahawks fans supremely confident about this game. I don't share that confidence. The weather could be a factor (yes, we can just try to feed the Beast all day but goofy things can happen to ball security in the snow/rain as well. Whether you are on the good or bad side of that ball security is a coin toss). I really wanted to beat the crap out of the 49ers and I thought at least we would win. Oh well, a 2-point loss that came down to a big run that set up the game-winning field goal against a top 5-10 team in the NFL, a bitter rival no less, is nothing to hang your head about.

Where we absolutely demolish them at our house, they barely escape with a win playing their Super Bowl in their house. We all know who the best team is right now. But the past is the past, we have the Giants at 10am to deal with in what may be similar conditions we saw last weekend in some cases.

The Seahawks SHOULD beat the Giants without much problem but who knows? I don't. Especially if they wear the all-whites again.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 23 - Giants 21

Aros' Fearless Record: 11-2
    Last edited by Aros on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• While I had some worries about last week closer to gameday, I don't see this one being close. The Giants have only beaten bad teams, and Seattle's going to be aching for some redemption. This one's not close.

Seattle 35 Giants 10

YTD: 10-3
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• This won't be close.

Seahawks 30, Giants 13

YTD: 11-2

Bonus Picks:
    Saints 23, Rams 17 (F-OT)
    49ers 16, Bucs 13
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• 27-16 hawks.

Seahawks are an NFL second best +12 in turnovers, NY Giants are an NFL worst -13 in turnovers.

The only thing that could keep this one close is if the weather adversely affects the game. But I don't see this Seahawks game losing two in a row, and I don't see them losing to a team that they are clearly better than. I think we are a better team than SF but SF is good so the result wasn't surprising even though I picked the hawks to win.

One thing that happens when a team is "done" sometimes is that the guys start playing for their own stat lines rather than the good of the team and that means you can get guys out of position. Look for Wilson and the Seahawks to take advantage of that.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• Figures that as soon as I vote for a Seahawks win again, they lose. But that won't deter me. We've actually been awesome on the road this year at times (Cardinals, Falcons).

Seahawks 27
    Giants 13

RTD: 5-7(!)
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• They can't run the ball at all, turn the ball over way too often, don't rush the passer very well without JPP. Weather won't be great but Hawks will deal with it well as a prep for the SB.

Hawks 27
    Vagiants 6

To date 11-2 cuz I pick the Hawks to win every week damn it!
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Hawks 20-13
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Hawks - 24

G spots - 13

11-2
    OrFan
    NET Veteran

• 16-10 Seahawks
    Founding Father of the Bevell-Be-Gone Movement

Currently riding SHOTGUN on the Russell Wilson bandwagon.

Renton Chapter Seahawkers Booster Club
    Section 316 @ CenturyLink Field

Kuendelea Mwewe - Go Hawks
    SilkMonkey
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• It's funny how people follow their emotions. Last week we were going to destroy the Niners after what we did to the Saints. We had people picking ATL or at least a tight win over ATL after struggling against STL/TB. Now we think this game will be close because of a 2 point win vs SF.

Screw that. I won't pick an epic beat down here but Seahawks will win without question.

Seahawks 28 Giants 13
    ceej22
    NET Rookie

• Hawks 38
    Giants 13

Defense scores at least once
    drcool
    NET Rookie

• drcool wrote:Defense scores at least once

I agree.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Hawks: 24
    NYFBG: 14
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

• Vagiant defense needs a douche.

Hawks 33-13.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• after a loss last week, I think the Hawks bring their A game to NY,...Hawks 31 NY 13
    Hamhawk
    NET Veteran

• If you compare the 49rs to Giants (not even close in my estimation), you have to believe that we will dominate Eli and crew.
    Seahawks 31 >< Giants 20
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• No disrespect to the Giants but they are awful this year

38-3
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• In the Wolf Grays...

the Hawks, 27

Vaginas 13
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• ceej22 wrote:It's funny how people follow their emotions. Last week we were going to destroy the Niners after what we did to the Saints. We had people picking ATL or at least a tight win over ATL after struggling against STL/TB. Now we think this game will be close because of a 2 point win vs SF.

Screw that. I won't pick an epic beat down here but Seahawks will win without question.

Seahawks 28 Giants 13

I predicted 16-14 Hawks last week, but it turned out to be 19-17 49ers...

So...this time I'm going to say we get blown out, 52-21 Giants.

RTD: 10-3
    Last edited by rsm650 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    rsm650
    NET Starter

• You will not see the wolf greys again this year, they've already worn them twice.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Hawks rebound! We win 27-13
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• This one is a must win. Make no mistake. If we don't win, we have our backs against the wall against the Cardinals and Rams, which doesn't give me warm fuzzy thoughts. The Saints and Niners could very well win out, so if we want the division and #1 seed, we have to beat the Giants to keep them off our backs.

Seahawks 24
    Giants 17

My Record to Date: 9-4
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• We come out fired up.
    35-16
    IcedHawk
    NET Veteran

• Playing Mr. Pick-licious this weekend?

Our offense never touches the field as our defense goes Pick-6 on every NY posession for the game.

Hawks dominate: 112 - 0

"Everyone hath a plan... until they get punthed in the fathe." -- Mike Tython on the 2014 Theattle Theahawkth.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm more nervous about this game than I was the 49ers game. As good as we are, the 10am starts in the EST are like Kryptonite to us and the Giants are playing better now than they were in the first half of the season.
    Austin Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Austin Hawk wrote:I'm more nervous about this game than I was the 49ers game. As good as we are, the 10am starts in the EST are like Kryptonite to us and the Giants are playing better now than they were in the first half of the season.

Seattle is 3-1 in 10AM games this year.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• SEA: 38
    NYG: 13

11-2
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• Hawks-31
    Giants-14

Record:11-2
    HawkGANG
    NET Rookie

• Weather sounds like it could be dicey.
    Haven't heard if they are wearing all white or not(Please No!)
    But I have a feeling they right the ship Sunday!

Hawks - 34

Giants - 13

11-2

Go Hawks!
    Wartooth
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks 24 Giants 14

Record: 11-2
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

• Sarlacc83 wrote:While I had some worries about last week closer to gameday, I don't see this one being close. The Giants have only beaten bad teams, and Seattle's going to be aching for some redemption. This one's not close.

Seattle 35 Giants 10

YTD: 10-3

Hey, we beat... umm... Green Bay... ummm... without Rodgers... umm...

Carry on.
    "The chief benefit, which results from philosophy, arises in an indirect manner, and proceeds more from its secret, insensible influence, than from its immediate application." ~David Hume
    Chaosist
    NET Rookie

• Friendly Giants fan here.

My prediction, saying weather isn't a complete crapstorm, is Seattle 37, NY 17. Lynch, however, doesn't eclipse 100 yards if the defense doesn't completely mail it in.

Unfortunately, I don't have much faith in my squad this year, not that they've earned it yet.
    "The chief benefit, which results from philosophy, arises in an indirect manner, and proceeds more from its secret, insensible influence, than from its immediate application." ~David Hume
    Chaosist
    NET Rookie

• The only part of me that fears this game is my inner longtime fan who has had the Seahawks break his heart way too many times, and now that there's one loss I start fearing that the worst-case scenario could actually happen.

But all of the above is a completely irrational way of thinking about this, and I reject irrational thinking. So...

Seahawks 27, Giants 13
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

• I have always had ultimate respect for the Giants and their fans. They have a very strong history and their fans were awesome every time I have seen them in Seattle. Complimentary to the city, while walking into a game years ago a small group talked with us and just enjoyed themselves. They are more interested in their team playing good football than the other team losing.

I have never heard a Giants fan say "the Hawks have never won a Super Bowl" even after laying a beat Down on them like in 2006.

I truly enjoy the "football life" stories with the Giants and the entire Coughlin era. I want them to win whenever it doesn't hurt Seattle and I was totally on board with them each year they have won the Super Bowl. Just great stories to go with their wins. The fumble in the 90 NFCC, the 2007 and 2011 runs they made were laden with emotion and heart. Week 17 in 2007, when they took the Pats to the end in a game they didn't even have to play. Even the stories of Judy Coughlin. Just awesome stuff that hits home. Before the winning drive in the 07 Super Bowl, I told my old man, "Eli Manning can define his entire career here if he does it" and he did it, Tyree made that catch and you just knew that they would win

If I wasn't a Seahawks fan, I would be a Giants fan. They have spread their success out over 4 decades! 1 Super Bowl in every era. Amazing. .

That said, I feel like the Hawks will get the best game they can from the Giants. I expect them to play with heart and play loose. I think that they may even have a small lead after 1 half but that the Hawks will stay true to their game and end up taking advantage of a mistake that starts the come back that ends with a Seahawks victory.

27-17 Hawks. I think that Eli will have a lot of yards but that he makes a pressure induced mistake, probably 2.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:I have always had ultimate respect for the Giants and their fans. They have a very strong history and their fans were awesome every time I have seen them in Seattle. Complimentary to the city, while walking into a game years ago a small group talked with us and just enjoyed themselves. They are more interested in their team playing good football than the other team losing.

I have never heard a Giants fan say "the Hawks have never won a Super Bowl" even after laying a beat Down on them like in 2006.

I truly enjoy the "football life" stories with the Giants and the entire Coughlin era. I want them to win whenever it doesn't hurt Seattle and I was totally on board with them each year they have won the Super Bowl. Just great stories to go with their wins. The fumble in the 90 NFCC, the 2007 and 2011 runs they made were laden with emotion and heart. Week 17 in 2007, when they took the Pats to the end in a game they didn't even have to play. Even the stories of Judy Coughlin. Just awesome stuff that hits home. Before the winning drive in the 07 Super Bowl, I told my old man, "Eli Manning can define his entire career here if he does it" and he did it, Tyree made that catch and you just knew that they would win

If I wasn't a Seahawks fan, I would be a Giants fan. They have spread their success out over 4 decades! 1 Super Bowl in every era. Amazing. .

That said, I feel like the Hawks will get the best game they can from the Giants. I expect them to play with heart and play loose. I think that they may even have a small lead after 1 half but that the Hawks will stay true to their game and end up taking advantage of a mistake that starts the come back that ends with a Seahawks victory.

27-17 Hawks. I think that Eli will have a lot of yards but that he makes a pressure induced mistake, probably 2.
    I have nothing bad to say about Hawk fans, either. The random couple I know in real life aren't bad, and you lot here seem good. Most of you have at least a reasonable football IQ, lol.

I must say, though, Niner fans are the biggest scumbags I've come across on the internet. And I'm not even saying that to ingratiate myself to you guys. Back before the '11 NFCCG, some SF fans came to our boards and they were just straight degenerates. More than one made 9/11 jokes. Yeah. They went there. And the %&*@ers wouldn't even accept Giants fans as members on their boards to actually talk about football, lol.
    Chaosist
    NET Rookie

• Chaosist wrote:I must say, though, Niner fans are the biggest scumbags I've come across on the internet. And I'm not even saying that to ingratiate myself to you guys. Back before the '11 NFCCG, some SF fans came to our boards and they were just straight degenerates. More than one made 9/11 jokes. Yeah. They went there. And the %&*@ers wouldn't even accept Giants fans as members on their boards to actually talk about football, lol.

Welcome to the neighborhood! That kind of confrontational idiocy has become more pronounced around here the past few years also. I have a hard time disparaging an entire fan base, but when so many of them talk like a duck and act like a duck... you know... they show up and there's duck poop everywhere.

I'm glad you could come around and chat with us. :D There are some very knowledgeable folks around here. Let's hope for a good, entertaining, injury-free game this week!
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• HawkAroundTheClock wrote:
    Chaosist wrote:I must say, though, Niner fans are the biggest scumbags I've come across on the internet. And I'm not even saying that to ingratiate myself to you guys. Back before the '11 NFCCG, some SF fans came to our boards and they were just straight degenerates. More than one made 9/11 jokes. Yeah. They went there. And the %&*@ers wouldn't even accept Giants fans as members on their boards to actually talk about football, lol.

Welcome to the neighborhood! That kind of confrontational idiocy has become more pronounced around here the past few years also. I have a hard time disparaging an entire fan base, but when so many of them talk like a duck and act like a duck... you know... they show up and there's duck poop everywhere.

I'm glad you could come around and chat with us. :D There are some very knowledgeable folks around here. Let's hope for a good, entertaining, injury-free game this week!
    Indeed. My squad isn't all that good this year, so I can't talk too much this season (unlike in seasons past when we've played).

All I can hope for is a competitive game. And as always, injury free on both sides.

But, I forgot, we have a secret weapon this season... Allen Bradford!

It's kind of funny, though. I actually know someone that is a fan of both the Niners and Seahaws, lol. Seattle was his AFC team back when you guys were in the AFCW. I told him he had to choose now. Can't be a fan of 2 teams in the same division, lol.
    Chaosist
    NET Rookie

• Another shutout...

prediction by me.

Hawks - 24
    Giants - none
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
    :: Theodore Roosevelt
    daketah
    NET Starter

• I'm scared for the playoffs if we score less than 34. Their defense is weak, their offense is putrid, and our guys are expecting to have this be a "practice run" for February.

Seahawks win 45-13.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I may have been the only guy to pick SF last week, this one won't be that close
    Seahawks 28 Giants 17.
    12-1, DAMN U INDY!
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

• Hawks win 27-17. 400+yards of offense only nets us 27 points due to a few turnovers from our O.

10-3 YTD
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm all in for a Seahawks redemption win. Plus, I really can't buy into the "playing for pride" lament of a team mathematically out of the playoffs. Weather may hold the points down, but I don't see this being close.

Seahawks 24
    Giants 13

9 - 4
    Terry
    (The Lurker)
    tdlabrie
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• As the game gets closer, it seems like it will be less likely to be full on snowing like we saw in Philly; rather a mix of rain and snow. A minor disappointment to me.

Seahawks bounce back after a tough game and tough loss against the 9ers. The team they play on Sunday is on the opposite spectrum as far as complete teams go. Their o-line is in shambles, they can't find a RB worth a damn and their linebackers are pretty bad. Granted, they're an NFL team so they deserve respect, but if we can't beat the Giants at Metlife Stadium, we need to be worrying about what we're going to do against playoff teams.

Seahawks go ball hawkin', two forced fumbles, two interceptions.

Hawks win 34-13.

RTD: 11-2
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Giants 27-21. Board goes in full meltdown mode over nothing.
    BreesIsOverrated
    NET Practice Squad

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    drcool wrote:Defense scores at least once

I agree.

:13: They have a lot of turnovers. Could be a fun game for the D.
    Kixkahn
    NET Veteran

• Chaosist wrote:..................
    I must say, though, Niner fans are the biggest scumbags I've come across on the internet. And I'm not even saying that to ingratiate myself to you guys. Back before the '11 NFCCG, some SF fans came to our boards and they were just straight degenerates. More than one made 9/11 jokes. Yeah. They went there. And the %&*@ers wouldn't even accept Giants fans as members on their boards to actually talk about football, lol.

Not news to us. We know who and what they are.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• No reason to lose this one barring some weather freak show that makes it impossible for either team to execute and we just get stuck on the short end of luck. Last week was one thing, to play a very strong team in their house following a huge game the Monday prior. We have the talent to go to NJ and win, so hopefully our pass rush shows up and make Eli throw a few to the Legion. Our D should be good enough to keep them out of the end zone, we just need our offense to not kick themselves in the nuts and kill important drives like last week. Not expecting a huge blow out, but I can't pick the Giants with any sense.

Hawks 23
    Giants 16
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• I will go with...

Seahawks 28
    Giants 17

Record YTD 11-2
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Bounce back game but surprisingly close...

Seahawks 21 Giants 17

11-2 Record this year
    Seahawk Mike
    NET Rookie

• Seahawks 24
    Giants 13

Season Record: 8-5
    Do you like curry? - Gareth Keenan
    DYLcurry59
    NET Starter

Next

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:54 pm