Question About The Game Plan

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
My heart sunk when Gore sprang for 51 yards but I got over it quick.

Losses happen... San Fran really wasn't the better team today, they had a crowd that needed to be prompted and encouraged into a frenzy, and the Refs kind of helped along the ways.

But I'm kind of glad they won, and hopefully they'll win out and the Panthers loses another. I rather have the 49ers in the 5th seed, and the Panthers in 6th.

An NFC West NFC CG would be awesome and the Seahawks can avenge this loss on big stage.

Anyways... to my question did the offense seem rather vanilla compared to last week vs the Saints. It seemed Bevell stuck with a very casual game plan. I'm not too sure, maybe the 49ers D stuck it too us but the plethora of Offensive formations and constant rotations we saw vs the Saints just weren't there in my eyes vs the 49ers?

Chin up, 12's... on to New York to slay some Giants and finish this season with a 6-2 Road Record.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Yes. I thought it was a poorly constructed game plan. It's like they don't know how to play when going to the Bay Area.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think running through an A gap for one yard, then running through an A gap again is a brilliant game plan; what are you guys talking about?

IT'S BOUND TO WORK EVENTUALLY!

Nog

Reaction score
The problem with Bevell is not his game plan... His real problem is adjustment. For instance, when our O-line was banged-up he did change nothing although I thought that screen pass and shorter release woulda tremendously help us. He just started to change a bit his game-plan from the Falcons game which was already too late.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Personally, I think that this was a very vanilla game plan. I think that they coached Russell not to keep it on read plays (I can't even remember if he kept it once, but he may have). I think they knew how aggressive SF is and they played it close to the vest. We are largely in control of the Division.

I don't think they played to lose, by any stretch. I think they did what they felt they could do and win without be extravagant. That's just how it felt to me.

I am not saddened by this loss too much. It's hard to beat an NFL team 3 times in a year. I wouldn't bet against SF making it back to Seattle by the season's end. I expect we'll see a very different Seattle game plan.

I am not bragging, but I feel like last year we were even with the Niners (and maybe a little better) last year. This year, I truly believe we are a better team.

We're 11-2 and are doing well in all phases, I think our coaching staff is putting together great game plans. We just came up about a play short (we needed to either stop the 51 or 52 yard run or the Kap run on 3rd down at the end). Can't wait for next week.

hoxrox

Reaction score
It looked pretty vanilla to me. I thought RW should have kept in on read option more to help open up the running game.

Really though, this game came down to dumb, untimely penalties by us on both sides that killed our drives while giving them easy first downs.

We play a cleaner ball game and we win.

Crizilla

Reaction score
game plan was awful. No clue why we didn't continue doing what we did against NO.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I'm not going to aim anything at Bevell.

It could very well be the Seahawks tried to win with doing as little as possible in terms of getting deep into the playbook. And in retrospect, it seems like the Seahawks played that way for much of the season.

Not going to take anything away from San Fran, they played as well as they needed to, but you can definately tell the offense was dialed from what it was the week before.

I don't know if they were trying to protect Wilson from cheap shots or playing it close to vest to giving 49ers prime intel.

I really don't know how I feel about it , if we did dumb down the Offense because you should do whatever it takes to win and put your best product out , however the Seahawks Offense did do well enough to win even in the vanilla scheme...we were up 17-16 before Gore gashed us for 51 yards.