This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The New York Giants

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Oh well. We may have lost, but we're still the best in the NFL. I bet we don't even drop out of first in any of the power polls. Took everything the 9ers had to beat us by 2 lousy points in THEIR house. I really hope we get 'em again at the CLink in the playoffs... They'll forget all about this small victory after that game. Anyways, on to the Giants, who should be very nervous... 'cause now we're pissed off!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

"Official" board

http://boards.giants.com/

Scout

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=64

Big Blue interactive

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php

If you know of any I missed, please post below.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Thanks for the work you do here, BlueThunder. I seldom go to other fan forums, but will chat with the cool ones if they come here.

Anyway, I'm with you in terms of what happened today.

In short, this changes Nothing.

The Seahawks are still going to win the division and HFA. Anybody who thinks otherwise isn't giving our team the benefit of the doubt, which I think Seattle has overwhelmingly demonstrated that they're worthy of.

Largent80

Reaction score
The good thing about this road game is that if we make it to the big game, we will have already played there.

I think SF woke a Giant for this game..... 8)

hawker84

Reaction score
I'm already over the loss, in a few day's i'll go back and watch the game again, try to pick up on some key plays and see who did good who did bad.

Looking forward to the Giants game, i have extreme confidense we go out and handle them next sunday. In some ways i think we actually needed this loss, as a wake up and let them realize they can be beat. It was one of those games that get you battle tested and ready for the playoffs, no reason players and fans alike can't hold their head high and be proud of the effort. Only thing that discourages me a little is the bonehead penalties. Championship caliber teams are not committing those in week 14. Need to get those boys dialed in Pete. Go Hawks.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This game is kinda like the Saints game, when you look at the matchups we got this easy.

The NY linebacker group is one of the worst I have ever seen.

drdiags

Reaction score
I wonder what happened to Bradford? I thought they also grabbed our 7th round pick LEO project?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
drdiags":2yvwp8tq said:
I wonder what happened to Bradford? I thought they also grabbed our 7th round pick LEO project?
They even tried to make Curry work.

Erebus

Reaction score
Their fans (understandably so) are really down on the Giants. Not the usual optimism I normally see from opposing fans when we come to town.

Polaris

Reaction score
Erebus":3vxh896m said:
Their fans (understandably so) are really down on the Giants. Not the usual optimism I normally see from opposing fans when we come to town.

There even seems to be a current there that has devolved into gallows humor wondering openly not if the Giants will lose to Seattle but by how much, and there are others that are openly calling for their team to lose all remaining games for draft picks.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I think this game should bring our spirits back up after an upsetting loss. Their linebackers are terrible against the run/pass and outside of Antrel Rolle have no one in their secondary. Quarterbacks for the most part have been having field days against them. I am hoping we jam the read option with play action down their throats.

Eli Manning is not sharp this year for whatever reason and I am hoping we finally see someone take chances deeper against our secondary. It would not surprise me to see a 3 pick day out of him.

grizbob

Reaction score
You guys aren't taking in consideration what a by line it would make if the big bad evil Seahawks got jobbed by the Giants due to penalties. Not to mention how big the Super Bowl would be if it was Manning vs Manning :stirthepot:

After XL I'm cynical enough to believe it's possible :evil:

eric12401

Reaction score
Giants fan here, love the Seahawks and what they've been doing. Hoping to them win it all actually. The Giants, well, they just aren't very good. Eli obviously has been terrible, hasn't had much time to throw, and when he does, it's behind the receiver, tipped or picked off. The coaching, especially offensive, has been WAY too predictable. I think I guessed 10-12 plays correctly on Sunday alone. There's no creativity to it whatsoever. 2nd and 10? Shotgun draw. Third and 1? 40 yard bomb that's incomplete. Not looking forward to a very competitive game, but the Giants tend to play their best against the better teams, so we shall see.

hawker84

Reaction score
eric12401":35cecsil said:
Giants fan here, love the Seahawks and what they've been doing. Hoping to them win it all actually. The Giants, well, they just aren't very good. Eli obviously has been terrible, hasn't had much time to throw, and when he does, it's behind the receiver, tipped or picked off. The coaching, especially offensive, has been WAY too predictable. I think I guessed 10-12 plays correctly on Sunday alone. There's no creativity to it whatsoever. 2nd and 10? Shotgun draw. Third and 1? 40 yard bomb that's incomplete. Not looking forward to a very competitive game, but the Giants tend to play their best against the better teams, so we shall see.

Other than Shockey, i actually like the Giants and am extremely confused as to how they're doing this bad. Guess it's time for the organization to rethink some things and figure it out. I have no doubt your boys will come out swinging sunday, hopefully we can get the job done and win the division sunday. I'm sure they'll get things turned around there and get you guys back to your winning ways.. Thanks for posting.

Zorn76

Reaction score
eric12401":365482ee said:

Well, the Giants can't win a SB every year, can they:)

Our franchise is dying for a trophy, pure and simple. The G-men were a part of one of the most historical - and entertaining - Super Bowls when they beat the (previously) undefeated Pats for the '07 season. Then, they turn around and beat them again 4 yrs later.

It's a rough year for NY, but they still have plenty of Lombardi's at franchise HQ. Thanks for the kind words for our team. I suspect the Giants will be back in the playoffs next year, and we've already seen what they can do in the postseason, even as a WC.

eric12401

Reaction score
Zorn76":3f552ad9 said:
eric12401":3f552ad9 said:

Well, the Giants can't win a SB every year, can they:)

Our franchise is dying for a trophy, pure and simple. The G-men were a part of one of the most historical - and entertaining - Super Bowls when they beat the (previously) undefeated Pats for the '07 season. Then, they turn around and beat them again 4 yrs later.

It's a rough year for NY, but they still have plenty of Lombardi's at franchise HQ. Thanks for the kind words for our team. I suspect the Giants will be back in the playoffs next year, and we've already seen what they can do in the postseason, even as a WC.
I certainly can't complain about a bad season after 2 SB's in 5 years. It was bound to happen, the Giants don't believe in upgrading. They get a bandaid to patch up the booboo's and it screws them over. No cap space either so can't really get a decent free agent signing. They don't utilize their weapons correctly, or manage the game either.

eric12401

Reaction score
hawker84":280jwu3o said:
eric12401":280jwu3o said:

Other than Shockey, i actually like the Giants and am extremely confused as to how they're doing this bad. Guess it's time for the organization to rethink some things and figure it out. I have no doubt your boys will come out swinging sunday, hopefully we can get the job done and win the division sunday. I'm sure they'll get things turned around there and get you guys back to your winning ways.. Thanks for posting.
There's a multitude of things going on. Like I said, Eli is a big reason, lack of creativity, not utilizing personnel properly, etc. Defenses get a jump on the offense because EVERY snap either is snapped with no time left or there's a delay of game penalty. Receivers aren't being physical. Turnovers. Special teams collapsing.