This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The New York Giants

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Oh well. We may have lost, but we're still the best in the NFL. I bet we don't even drop out of first in any of the power polls. Took everything the 9ers had to beat us by 2 lousy points in THEIR house. I really hope we get 'em again at the CLink in the playoffs... They'll forget all about this small victory after that game. Anyways, on to the Giants, who should be very nervous... 'cause now we're pissed off!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

"Official" board

http://boards.giants.com/

Scout

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=64

Big Blue interactive

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php

If you know of any I missed, please post below.
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Thanks for the work you do here, BlueThunder. I seldom go to other fan forums, but will chat with the cool ones if they come here.

Anyway, I'm with you in terms of what happened today.

In short, this changes Nothing.

The Seahawks are still going to win the division and HFA. Anybody who thinks otherwise isn't giving our team the benefit of the doubt, which I think Seattle has overwhelmingly demonstrated that they're worthy of.
    Zorn76
    NET Rookie

• The good thing about this road game is that if we make it to the big game, we will have already played there.

I think SF woke a Giant for this game..... 8)
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I'm already over the loss, in a few day's i'll go back and watch the game again, try to pick up on some key plays and see who did good who did bad.

Looking forward to the Giants game, i have extreme confidense we go out and handle them next sunday. In some ways i think we actually needed this loss, as a wake up and let them realize they can be beat. It was one of those games that get you battle tested and ready for the playoffs, no reason players and fans alike can't hold their head high and be proud of the effort. Only thing that discourages me a little is the bonehead penalties. Championship caliber teams are not committing those in week 14. Need to get those boys dialed in Pete. Go Hawks.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• This game is kinda like the Saints game, when you look at the matchups we got this easy.

The NY linebacker group is one of the worst I have ever seen.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• I wonder what happened to Bradford? I thought they also grabbed our 7th round pick LEO project?
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• drdiags wrote:I wonder what happened to Bradford? I thought they also grabbed our 7th round pick LEO project?

They even tried to make Curry work.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• I hope Eli reverts back to week 1-6.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

• Their fans (understandably so) are really down on the Giants. Not the usual optimism I normally see from opposing fans when we come to town.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• Erebus wrote:Their fans (understandably so) are really down on the Giants. Not the usual optimism I normally see from opposing fans when we come to town.

There even seems to be a current there that has devolved into gallows humor wondering openly not if the Giants will lose to Seattle but by how much, and there are others that are openly calling for their team to lose all remaining games for draft picks.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

• I think this game should bring our spirits back up after an upsetting loss. Their linebackers are terrible against the run/pass and outside of Antrel Rolle have no one in their secondary. Quarterbacks for the most part have been having field days against them. I am hoping we jam the read option with play action down their throats.

Eli Manning is not sharp this year for whatever reason and I am hoping we finally see someone take chances deeper against our secondary. It would not surprise me to see a 3 pick day out of him.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• You guys aren't taking in consideration what a by line it would make if the big bad evil Seahawks got jobbed by the Giants due to penalties. Not to mention how big the Super Bowl would be if it was Manning vs Manning :stirthepot:

After XL I'm cynical enough to believe it's possible :evil:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Giants fan here, love the Seahawks and what they've been doing. Hoping to them win it all actually. The Giants, well, they just aren't very good. Eli obviously has been terrible, hasn't had much time to throw, and when he does, it's behind the receiver, tipped or picked off. The coaching, especially offensive, has been WAY too predictable. I think I guessed 10-12 plays correctly on Sunday alone. There's no creativity to it whatsoever. 2nd and 10? Shotgun draw. Third and 1? 40 yard bomb that's incomplete. Not looking forward to a very competitive game, but the Giants tend to play their best against the better teams, so we shall see.
    eric12401
    NET Bench Warmer

• Who did we play? The Seahawks?

pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• eric12401 wrote:Giants fan here, love the Seahawks and what they've been doing. Hoping to them win it all actually. The Giants, well, they just aren't very good. Eli obviously has been terrible, hasn't had much time to throw, and when he does, it's behind the receiver, tipped or picked off. The coaching, especially offensive, has been WAY too predictable. I think I guessed 10-12 plays correctly on Sunday alone. There's no creativity to it whatsoever. 2nd and 10? Shotgun draw. Third and 1? 40 yard bomb that's incomplete. Not looking forward to a very competitive game, but the Giants tend to play their best against the better teams, so we shall see.

Other than Shockey, i actually like the Giants and am extremely confused as to how they're doing this bad. Guess it's time for the organization to rethink some things and figure it out. I have no doubt your boys will come out swinging sunday, hopefully we can get the job done and win the division sunday. I'm sure they'll get things turned around there and get you guys back to your winning ways.. Thanks for posting.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• BRRRAAAAAAIIINNNSSS!!!

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• eric12401 wrote:Giants fan here, love the Seahawks and what they've been doing. Hoping to them win it all actually. The Giants, well, they just aren't very good. Eli obviously has been terrible, hasn't had much time to throw, and when he does, it's behind the receiver, tipped or picked off. The coaching, especially offensive, has been WAY too predictable. I think I guessed 10-12 plays correctly on Sunday alone. There's no creativity to it whatsoever. 2nd and 10? Shotgun draw. Third and 1? 40 yard bomb that's incomplete. Not looking forward to a very competitive game, but the Giants tend to play their best against the better teams, so we shall see.

Well, the Giants can't win a SB every year, can they:)

Our franchise is dying for a trophy, pure and simple. The G-men were a part of one of the most historical - and entertaining - Super Bowls when they beat the (previously) undefeated Pats for the '07 season. Then, they turn around and beat them again 4 yrs later.

It's a rough year for NY, but they still have plenty of Lombardi's at franchise HQ. Thanks for the kind words for our team. I suspect the Giants will be back in the playoffs next year, and we've already seen what they can do in the postseason, even as a WC.
    Zorn76
    NET Rookie

• Zorn76 wrote:
    eric12401 wrote:Giants fan here, love the Seahawks and what they've been doing. Hoping to them win it all actually. The Giants, well, they just aren't very good. Eli obviously has been terrible, hasn't had much time to throw, and when he does, it's behind the receiver, tipped or picked off. The coaching, especially offensive, has been WAY too predictable. I think I guessed 10-12 plays correctly on Sunday alone. There's no creativity to it whatsoever. 2nd and 10? Shotgun draw. Third and 1? 40 yard bomb that's incomplete. Not looking forward to a very competitive game, but the Giants tend to play their best against the better teams, so we shall see.

Well, the Giants can't win a SB every year, can they:)

Our franchise is dying for a trophy, pure and simple. The G-men were a part of one of the most historical - and entertaining - Super Bowls when they beat the (previously) undefeated Pats for the '07 season. Then, they turn around and beat them again 4 yrs later.

It's a rough year for NY, but they still have plenty of Lombardi's at franchise HQ. Thanks for the kind words for our team. I suspect the Giants will be back in the playoffs next year, and we've already seen what they can do in the postseason, even as a WC.

I certainly can't complain about a bad season after 2 SB's in 5 years. It was bound to happen, the Giants don't believe in upgrading. They get a bandaid to patch up the booboo's and it screws them over. No cap space either so can't really get a decent free agent signing. They don't utilize their weapons correctly, or manage the game either.
    eric12401
    NET Bench Warmer

• hawker84 wrote:
    eric12401 wrote:Giants fan here, love the Seahawks and what they've been doing. Hoping to them win it all actually. The Giants, well, they just aren't very good. Eli obviously has been terrible, hasn't had much time to throw, and when he does, it's behind the receiver, tipped or picked off. The coaching, especially offensive, has been WAY too predictable. I think I guessed 10-12 plays correctly on Sunday alone. There's no creativity to it whatsoever. 2nd and 10? Shotgun draw. Third and 1? 40 yard bomb that's incomplete. Not looking forward to a very competitive game, but the Giants tend to play their best against the better teams, so we shall see.

Other than Shockey, i actually like the Giants and am extremely confused as to how they're doing this bad. Guess it's time for the organization to rethink some things and figure it out. I have no doubt your boys will come out swinging sunday, hopefully we can get the job done and win the division sunday. I'm sure they'll get things turned around there and get you guys back to your winning ways.. Thanks for posting.

There's a multitude of things going on. Like I said, Eli is a big reason, lack of creativity, not utilizing personnel properly, etc. Defenses get a jump on the offense because EVERY snap either is snapped with no time left or there's a delay of game penalty. Receivers aren't being physical. Turnovers. Special teams collapsing.
    eric12401
    NET Bench Warmer

• Sac Predicts the future:

"Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• I take NOTHING for granted at this point. Lousy weather and a 10am start. We better be ready for this. On a side note, doesn't it just baffle the mind how New York could get a Super Bowl? February in New York...WTF. Goddell does love his boyos.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• PlinytheCenter wrote:I take NOTHING for granted at this point. Lousy weather and a 10am start. We better be ready for this. On a side note, doesn't it just baffle the mind how New York could get a Super Bowl? February in New York...WTF. Goddell does love his boyos.

Yeah, the Super Bowl could end up being as snowy and awful as the games this past weekend, right?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• dontbelikethat wrote:I hope Eli reverts back to week 1-6.

I don't think it'll matter, either way. Weeks 7-13 Eli hasn't been much more than a game manager.

For full disclosure, I'm a Giants fan and big Eli supporter, but he hasn't played very well this season. A lot of it is the rest of the offense hasn't played well, and a lot of it is he just hasn't played well, lol.
    "The chief benefit, which results from philosophy, arises in an indirect manner, and proceeds more from its secret, insensible influence, than from its immediate application." ~David Hume
    Chaosist
    NET Rookie

• BlueThunder wrote:Oh well. We may have lost, but we're still the best in the NFL. I bet we don't even drop out of first in any of the power polls. Took everything the 9ers had to beat us by 2 lousy points in THEIR house. I really hope we get 'em again at the CLink in the playoffs... They'll forget all about this small victory after that game. Anyways, on to the Giants, who should be very nervous... 'cause now we're pissed off!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

"Official" board

Big Blue interactive

Scout

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=64&f=1867

Fair warning: Do not go to the official boards if you want to have a talk with knowledgeable fans. That place has become a complete and total disgrace this season. All the bandwagon panty-waists that haven't known a losing season since 2004 are losing their heads. Not to mention all the trolls that are running rampant.

On that note, all I can hope for is a competitive game this weekend. As homerish as I can be, I don't see the Giants winning this one.
    "The chief benefit, which results from philosophy, arises in an indirect manner, and proceeds more from its secret, insensible influence, than from its immediate application." ~David Hume
    Chaosist
    NET Rookie

• Chaosist wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:Oh well. We may have lost, but we're still the best in the NFL. I bet we don't even drop out of first in any of the power polls. Took everything the 9ers had to beat us by 2 lousy points in THEIR house. I really hope we get 'em again at the CLink in the playoffs... They'll forget all about this small victory after that game. Anyways, on to the Giants, who should be very nervous... 'cause now we're pissed off!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

"Official" board

Big Blue interactive

Scout

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=64&f=1867

Fair warning: Do not go to the official boards if you want to have a talk with knowledgeable fans. That place has become a complete and total disgrace this season. All the bandwagon panty-waists that haven't known a losing season since 2004 are losing their heads. Not to mention all the trolls that are running rampant.

On that note, all I can hope for is a competitive game this weekend. As homerish as I can be, I don't see the Giants winning this one.

Ya I checked out the board just to see. Wow! Fans act like a whipped dog and the game hasn't been played. Kinda sad.
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

• Interesting comments from Gilbride:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-giants ... api_public

Excerpt: "No matter how tough the opposing defense, by Thursday the New York Giants' offense is focusing on something about that defense it thinks it can exploit. So while the Giants know the Seattle Seahawks have as good a defense as any team in the league, they're more focused on what they might be able to do than what they won't.

"Some of the things they do should give us some chances," offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said Thursday. "Guys we have who are always clamoring for one-on-one opportunities, they're going to get them."
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:Interesting comments from Gilbride:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-giants ... api_public

Excerpt: "No matter how tough the opposing defense, by Thursday the New York Giants' offense is focusing on something about that defense it thinks it can exploit. So while the Giants know the Seattle Seahawks have as good a defense as any team in the league, they're more focused on what they might be able to do than what they won't.

"Some of the things they do should give us some chances," offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said Thursday. "Guys we have who are always clamoring for one-on-one opportunities, they're going to get them."

The only problem with that is that when we've had "opportunities" we haven't been able to capitalize on them. Cruz is the only receiving weapon we've had this year that's been consistent, and even he disappears sometimes. He's not the most physical guy, so he has some issues with press, and seeing as neither Nicks or Randle are deserving of extra attention, Cruz is seeing doubles or better a lot of the game.
    Chaosist
    NET Rookie

• eric12401 wrote:There's a multitude of things going on. Like I said, Eli is a big reason, lack of creativity, not utilizing personnel properly, etc. Defenses get a jump on the offense because EVERY snap either is snapped with no time left or there's a delay of game penalty. Receivers aren't being physical. Turnovers. Special teams collapsing.

Dang--other than the part about Eli, I feel like you just described a good chunk of the last two years for USC.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• I have two questions.

1. Will there be more sacks of or interceptions by Manning?

2. Will Russell play the whole game?

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Rookie

• Even after two seasons in the league, opposing fans still spewing this garbage. Will they ever learn. Welp, time to educate them again Russ. I especially enjoyed the "Russel Wilson is no Philip Rivers" quote..stop looking at stats people, try checking out some game tape....Yes the Giants have good recievers, ours are pretty good too,, but,but, they don't have a thousand yards, they must suck, right?

I think your write up gives Seattle far too much credit. If this game was in Seattle, it would be blowout. But it's not. Away from home the Seattle offense away is not that good, averaging only 23 points per game. If the Giants can manage to score 17 points and not giveaway points to Seattle, then the game should be close going into the 4th quarter.

Obviously the Giant offense doesn't match up well against Seattle's defense. But the reverse is also true. Marshawn Lynch is their biggest weapon, but the Giants have proved on multiple occasions that they can stop the top runners in the league. The Giants are very susceptible to a good passing attack, but Seattle doesn't have one. Russell Wilson is not Phillip Rivers, and the combination of Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin doesn't exactly inspire fear in the opposition. As bad of a season as the Giant receivers have had, both Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks have far more yards than Tate and Baldwin.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Mate is a Giants fan and his exact words for this game is "we are going to get******!"
    Of course like this to be the case but there is no time for complacency. The Chargers made quite an upset yesterday . I reckon the Hawks will want to prove themselves to Carrol. He seems quite the hard ass and will want a response from his players.
    gallacher88
    NET Practice Squad

• Seattle has played well on the road and will be fine with whatever weather conditions bring, including snow. Eli has thrown a lot of INT's, and they don't have enough of a running game to take advantage of the Seahawks' 15th ranked rush D. Mistake free ball is the key here, and Seattle is +12 for giveaway/takeaway, while NY is -13.

Seahawks, 24-17.
    Zorn76
    NET Rookie

• nm

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:34 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information