Way to step up there on that last drive Defense

Marlin Man

Reaction score
unlike some of you, I think I will wait a bit before I book MY flts to the Super Bowl- it s still a long road to go.

especially when you lead the league in penalties and the refs start watching you for them, cause ya'll know IF they want to find one, there is one out there EVERY play

Disgusted

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I'd rather have them get a gut check now and fail it now than in the playoffs. I think this will motivate them even more.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Yeah, defense laid an egg again on that last drive. Has happened way to many times in clutch moments.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Disgusted?

edited for attacking poster.

The niners won their superbowl and only just at that.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Like twice this season! Look it's not the end of the world. If we take care of business next week, this game means nothing in January.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The Niners needed a fluke play to win at home despite the refs doing everything they could to bury Seattle.

We'll hear much about how "a win is a win is a win", but for playoff implications, the Niners needed much more than that to scare anyone for the playoffs.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
The defense hasn't given up late scores THIS season. Why doesn't anyone understand that every single season in the NFL is its own singular entity??? What happened last year DOES NOT matter

drdiags

Reaction score
The Freaks come out at night, the Freaks come out!

Hope the injuries are not serious. Chippy game and no one could take control until the end, when Gore rumbled up the gut. KJ Wright injury was going to hurt and it did with the Davis TD and Gore run.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2q2um5q0 said:
The Niners needed a fluke play to win at home despite the refs doing everything they could to bury Seattle.

We'll hear much about how "a win is a win is a win", but for playoff implications, the Niners needed much more than that to scare anyone for the playoffs.

Exactly. I'll take squeaker victories by them in their house and blowout domination performances by us in ours. We are in the better position.

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
berneydidnotread.gif

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
They barely beat us in their place with us playing sloppy.

Trust me... This win did nothing to increase their confidence that they are the better team.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Disappointing that Gore killed us again. The D really let us down that drive, on the big Gore run and the Kap 3rd down run

HawkFan72

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":235wkwru said:

What was a fluke? A long, well-blocked run by Gore? Or the well set-up Kaep run on 3rd down? Or the poor play calling in the redzone to play it safe for a FG?

I don't get why any of those are flukes.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2wwo3x6k said:
MontanaHawk05":2wwo3x6k said:

What was a fluke? A long, well-blocked run by Gore? Or the well set-up Kaep run on 3rd down? Or the poor play calling in the redzone to play it safe for a FG?

I don't get why any of those are flukes.

The long run was a fluke because Earl doesn't let it happen very often.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
They made enough plays to win, congrats to them. D was doing alright all game, but it hurts the most the one time they slip. Penalties killed the game for us.

SeahawksMSHing

Reaction score
Actually I thought not being aggressive when we had 1st down inside the 15 yard line with after Tate's punt return was a mistake. Two Lynch runs and then a throw away pass by DangeRuss. Wish we would have gone for the TD in that spot... Anyways give 49ers credit the blocking and run by Gore was the difference in the game, along with Kaep getting that first down. I also think we misused our timeouts in the second half. the 3-22 calling a timeout because of play clock was a mistake. the use of the second timeout when they had the ball deep in our territory was a slight mistake. We could have stopped the clock a extra time and had about a minute to go to get ball back... anyways its not always on the D to make a play at the end, would have been nice however I am upset we lost we didnt get beat we lost...

hawk45

Reaction score
I thought of the 2 units the offense was the one that let the team down today. It's just that the D had been performing up to that point so you noticed when the D had a bad play. With the offense there couldn't be a let down because they didn't do much the entire time.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
If I was to try and post some blame it would be on our punt team. Besides the blocked punt which lead to 3 points, we also lost the field position war; IMHO.

getnasty

Reaction score
Defense gave up 3 points in the 2nd half, if anything this is on the offense. There are certain points of a game where you need to put the ball in Russell's hand and let him do his thing. I love Marshawn and we are a run first team but sometimes you got to get away from that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Hawks played a crap game today, it happens to every team even the best teams in history usually clunker a couple games a year away. When the 49'ers came here we blew them out by 26 and we blew out the Saints by 27. We play one of our worst games possible and only lose by 2 points on the road. Not a moral victory but shows how much better of team we are IMHO then those 2.