Player Motivation

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Many times in this forum I have read where team members, and even the front office occasionally, have said or done something to indicate they browse our forum. Now I don't know if that's true or not, but I hope our receivers see this nasty, nasty comment out of Sacramento and use it as even more motivation:
If those receivers [referring to Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse and tight ends Zach Miller and Luke Willson] had been with the 49ers, most probably they would have been cut by now.

Yow! What crap!

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/12/05/5975728/on-49ers-quarterback-advantage.html

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Oh, I don't think that's crap at all. If Sherman had been with the 49ers, most likely he'd have been cut by now. In fact, Harbaugh pretty much already proved he couldn't evaluate Shermans talent at Stanford.

It just goes to show what idiots they have running things in SF, that the fans admit their own team would cut players with more talent than they currently have.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, Lockette was cut by the Niners, right? And everyone knows he's our bestest WR, right? :sarcasm_off:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Crap? To the contrary, just a shining example of why John/Pete > Other GM's and coaches.

Our coach and GM have the ability to assess talent on another level than every other team in the league. SF is a good team because they were so bad for so long that they've stockpiled 1st and 2nd round draft picks. Now that they've been good for a couple years and all these draft picks want to get paid, they're declining because of their inability to do what our GM/Coach have done, mine the bottom of the draft for gems.

Throwdown

Reaction score
sutz":24tgls70 said:
Well, Lockette was cut by the Niners, right? And everyone knows he's our bestest WR, right? :sarcasm_off:

It's kind of funny in his second stint with the team after the 9ers dropped him, he's out there making plays for us.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I wasn't too big on Lockette, but I am happy he's made a couple good grabs since coming back. DB will own their secondary this Sunday and Wilson will punk them again. Lockette scores a TD this Sunday!

capncrunch

Reaction score
dbsn2420":1kzlmqu6 said:
I wasn't too big on Lockette, but I am happy he's made a couple good grabs since coming back. DB will own their secondary this Sunday and Wilson will punk them again. Lockette scores a TD this Sunday!

He is well known for his speed, but is also taller than the other guys which helped his chances getting rehired. He looks like he's strong enough to be a decent blocker as well. Maybe that end around run will get us a big gainer with him. I'm glad to have him back.

chris98251

Reaction score
Was browsing the game thread that was linked here on the Saints game for the 49ers and when Lockette made that catch the board went ballistic, who mad that catch when someone said Lockette everyone was like how the blanky blank did that happen, why is it the Seahawks can take WR's and they make catches all over at critical times and places even our cast offs look good there. we need a new WR coach our suck etc.

Oakhawk

Reaction score
I love hearing how much more talented the 9ers are than us. Makes it so much sweeter that we're 11-1 at this point, and the 9ers aren't.

StoneCold

Reaction score
It's just too funny. I keep hearing that Kaeperdink has been struggling because his wide receivers aren't that good and some have been hurt like Crabtree. And yet our lowly Russell has been kickin' ass with what they see as 9er rejects. You have to love the stupidity of it all.

SC

CANHawk

Reaction score
capncrunch":1ww5j0gn said:
dbsn2420":1ww5j0gn said:

He is well known for his speed, but is also taller than the other guys which helped his chances getting rehired. He looks like he's strong enough to be a decent blocker as well. Maybe that end around run will get us a big gainer with him. I'm glad to have him back.

Iknowright!? His blocking has actually been a very plesant surprise in his second go round. He's been out there plowing guys when he's had the chance. IIRC he had a pretty decent block that sprung Russell on one of his read option keepers last game.

Ah-ooo! Ah-ooo! Ah-oooooo! lol.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
If those guys were on his team he would never be able to get the ball to them because they aren't his first read!

Mick063

Reaction score
In general:

From a media/fan perspective, there is too much weight given for player natural gifts and too little weight given for player development. Indeed, the ranting over talented players typically only comes post development. Tom Brady, Arian Foster, etc. were never thought of as super talents until they consistently produced on the field.

If a player can crack the roster of any given NFL roster, he has the minimum talent prerequisite to play in the league. He has the minimum physical attributes to play in the league. That minimum isn't chump change. All of these players, to a certain degree, have passed the initial test. Great players can be made when the minimum physical/talent criteria has been met. This is where we discover the talents of positional coaches. Only after player development will the media hype machine blow players out of proportion and have us scratching our collective heads when the team eventually parts ways with a "big name" player.

Credit must be given to the staff for fitting players into their scheme and fitting their scheme to their players. Credit for teaching technique. Credit for teaching situational awareness.

The salary cap prohibits teams from loading superstars into each and every position. Hence, one could point to any given roster and say that a given team is stronger in a specific area than another. For that reason, one can't judge a team by specific player groups. One can only judge a team as a comprehensive unit and as Bill Parcells used to say, "You are what your record says you are".

Blitzer88

Reaction score
tdlabrie":1wugfxfr said:
Many times in this forum I have read where team members, and even the front office occasionally, have said or done something to indicate they browse our forum. Now I don't know if that's true or not, but I hope our receivers see this nasty, nasty comment out of Sacramento and use it as even more motivation:
If those receivers [referring to Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse and tight ends Zach Miller and Luke Willson] had been with the 49ers, most probably they would have been cut by now.

Yow! What crap!

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/12/05/5975728/on-49ers-quarterback-advantage.html

Wow..........I really hope that all our skill guys have a huge game for us on Sunday. Not only because we need them to to win, but also to just make them eat those comments.