I'm Not Telling You It's Going To Be Easy....

Jiggy

Reaction score
I won't apologize if this has already been posted. Because this is worthy of a new thread every day...

rw-banner.jpg

Crizilla

Reaction score
old logo, terrible font face, spacing is bad, too much black space, not correct size, etc

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The most impressive picture of Wilson will always be that play where he is holding the mouthpiece.

How many snaps have we seen that were unexpected, or missed completely, and then Wilson calmly picks the ball off the ground and throws it for whatever yardage or a score? Remember the play earlier (last year or in the preseason) where the ball hit the ground and Wilson just picked it up and threw it? Same deal.

Except this time he received the ball way before he was ready and it barely affected the play at all.

That is insane. I cannot believe I have not seen more about it, since clearly Wilson does well under pressure but I have NEVER seen a QB consistently turn bad plays into good ones like that. I have seen great QBs rescue plays but not with the consistency and the sheer invisibility that Wilson does it with. It is a clear window into his ability to deal with pressure.

It isn't just exceptional, it is otherworldly. And it is captured perfectly in the picture where he is holding a mouthpiece and calmly running a play as if it was exactly how they drew it up. Just like the many, many times Wilson has handled a bad snap and nothing bad happened.

Combine that picture with the quote, if he said it.

hawker84

Reaction score

Hawkaholic

Reaction score
It's a quote by Art Williams, not Wilson. I only know because I stumbled upon this a few weeks ago and looked it up. Still pretty sweet tho.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawker84":136qyb3h said:
Pstark3":136qyb3h said:
AF_Hawk":136qyb3h said:
Was trying to find that quote by him and I found this gem of a thread...

http://forums.colts.com/topic/23567-i-d ... ll-wilson/
"russell wilson is the poor mans drew brees"

:/

I mean it's just the same, board after board after board. Do any of these other fan bases ever watch other games besides the one their team plays in?
Let's face it, it's just a lot easier to parrot what some others are saying, instead of doing the homework for themselves, but it can, and often does blow up in your face when you rely too much on the bias opinions of others eh?

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3v2k1iaw said:
hawker84":3v2k1iaw said:
Pstark3":3v2k1iaw said:
AF_Hawk":3v2k1iaw said:
Was trying to find that quote by him and I found this gem of a thread...

http://forums.colts.com/topic/23567-i-d ... ll-wilson/

I mean it's just the same, board after board after board. Do any of these other fan bases ever watch other games besides the one their team plays in?
Let's face it, it's just a lot easier to parrot what some others are saying, instead of doing the homework for themselves, but it can, and often does blow up in your face when you rely too much on the bias opinions of others eh?

I remember watching one of the ESPN football shows two years ago when SF had their first good year in a decade. They were off to something like a 6-1 start and Marcellus Wiley was singing their praises. Merrill Hoge jumped in and said, "well, take that record with a grain of salt because they are playing in the weak NFC West." Wiley immediately pointed out that SF had only played one divisional game at that point.

You are absolutely right about people parroting what other people say rather than do their own homework, and you see it in the media as much if not more than you do amongst fans. That's why you still have people like the GM in Sando's article or Michael Wilbon a couple days ago denigrating Russell Wilson because of his height.

Steve2222

Reaction score

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
My God, Colts fans have to be the stupidest group of people in the NFL. Didn't think any group could surpass the 49ers fans in that regard, but it appears I am mistaken.

253hawk

Reaction score
Pstark3":2npws5dz said:

Brees: $10 million
Wilson: $526 K

I guess they're right. But talk about value!

jblaze

Reaction score
253hawk":vrn02k31 said:
Pstark3":vrn02k31 said:

Brees: $10 million
Wilson: $526 K

I guess they're right. But talk about value!

Brees makes 20mil a year bro. He'd be a bargain at 10mil.

And we get Wilson at that discounted rate for another whole year after this before we're even able to offer him a new deal per the CBA. Diamond in the rough.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":20pgfqww said:
My God, Colts fans have to be the stupidest group of people in the NFL. Didn't think any group could surpass the 49ers fans in that regard, but it appears I am mistaken.
Oh, but they're uniquely qualified to judge other QBs with such dismissal because the had (cue divine, heavenly music) Peyton Manning and they won the Suck for luck contest.
Beating either the Colts or the Broncos in the SB would be so sweet for that very reason.

253hawk

Reaction score
jblaze":vkhg5sut said:
Brees makes 20mil a year bro. He'd be a bargain at 10mil.

And we get Wilson at that discounted rate for another whole year after this before we're even able to offer him a new deal per the CBA. Diamond in the rough.

10 mil is just his base salary; 9.75 mil plus 250 K workout bonus.