31-7 the last two seasons

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
That's the Hawks' record in all games played - preseason, regular season, postseason - since the start of the 2012 season. And all 7 losses were....a) on the road.....b) by 7 points or less.....and c) not decided until the final full possession of the game.

That is simply amazing. There's an adage that I completely subscribe to which states that "Great teams don't win the close ones, lucky teams do. Great teams win blowouts." I.e. margin of victory/defeat matters. And during this time, while the Hawks have certainly won plenty of close ones, they've won a majority of them convincingly, while obviously not coming remotely close to getting blown out in any. That means something. This is a potential dynasty taking root, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a biased fan.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
It's not really a hard prediction considering the one, the only, Russell Wilson. The only thing that makes it sort of difficult is getting over our past issues and the media coming around.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":12wcvif8 said:
That's the Hawks' record in all games played - preseason, regular season, postseason - since the start of the 2012 season. And all 7 losses were....a) on the road.....b) by 7 points or less.....and c) not decided until the final full possession of the game.

That is simply amazing. There's an adage that I completely subscribe to which states that "Great teams don't win the close ones, lucky teams do. Great teams win blowouts." I.e. margin of victory/defeat matters. And during this time, while the Hawks have certainly won plenty of close ones, they've won a majority of them convincingly, while obviously not coming remotely close to getting blown out in any. That means something. This is a potential dynasty taking root, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a biased fan.

Follow up those stats with Russell's college game stats and you will see a correlation.

Russell Wilson is Mr Consistency for sure.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
And those 7 losses only come with a 32 point differential or less than 4.6 points per game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":24v1zyvb said:
NorthDallas40oz":24v1zyvb said:

Follow up those stats with Russell's college game stats and you will see a correlation.

Russell Wilson is Mr Consistency for sure.

When your nucleus of our 'O' consistently plays at a high level, works his butt off and has such adept leadership ability, his teammates can't help but follow suit. Another thing I've noticed is that he's now huddling the entire team and speaking to them before games. There weren't any wandering eyes in the group either. The whole freaking team is behind this guy and his attitude and work ethic appear to be rubbing off on them. Could you imagine what would happen if, when his contract comes up, Snyder handles him like Hutch and another team manages to scoop him up (I know that's a stretch)? JS had better move to Siberia if that happens. :mrgreen:

capncrunch

Reaction score
bloodkingg":3lkms2wm said:
It's not really a hard prediction considering the one, the only, Russell Wilson. The only thing that makes it sort of difficult is getting over our past issues and the media coming around.

Good point on the first part. Do you mean to say that we can't have a dynasty without the media coming around? I haven't heard any mention in the media since the Monday game where the Hawks weren't described as the best team in the NFC or the NFL. #1 in all the Power Rankings. The greatness will come with or without this outside acknowledgement in my view.

31-7 Wow. Great look up North Dallas. Great movie btw.