9ers o line issues (for Hawks 9ers Sunday)

rightbench

Reaction score
I'm bored at work and pulled up a 9ers sports radio program from the bay area.

Matt Maiocco (sp?) who is one of their team reporters just said he doesn't expect either Ilupati or Staley to play this week)

He also said Ilupati had a 2nd MRI on his MCL.

I'm sure Harbaugh and the team will say there's a possibility that they will play all week, but he was just at their facilities before he came on the radio.

That should be a point of advantage for the Hawks sackmasters this weekend.

Just an update for all you other bored workers sneaking on .net.

SDHawk

Reaction score
In their game against washington, the skins stacked the strong side and the 9ers repeatedly pulled their guards and ran left. The skins didn't adjust and kept stacking the strong side. They took advantage of that aggressiveness and kept running left or threw to their FB/TE behind the linebackers on PA. I trust the hawks have planned around this.

Largent80

Reaction score
We are going to rush past them like a car in the express lanes.....

:icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new:

mikeak

Reaction score
SDHawk":stypzlrn said:
In their game against washington, the skins stacked the strong side and the 9ers repeatedly pulled their guards and ran left. The skins didn't adjust and kept stacking the strong side. They took advantage of that aggressiveness and kept running left or threw to their FB/TE behind the linebackers on PA. I trust the hawks have planned around this.

Now they know that we won't stack the strong side so we should just to be smarter than them..........

No?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Like the OP said, all week they will not practice, or be limited, and come Sunday, street clothes.

I hope they still try to pull the guy they have at LB this week.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
Starting LG Iupati will be out.
Starting LT Staley will be out.
Starting RG Boone will play LT
Back up RG Snyder will play LG
Third Back Up Looney will play RG.

Kaiser

Reaction score
BleedGreenNblue":9fwvats1 said:
For the first time this year I have a good feeling about a game...yikes....

only because of this? i dont think their O-line being perfectly healthy would save their asses either.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Personally, I'd prefer that they all be 100% healthy and play. I want to see exactly and surely how we stack up against that terrific O-line fair and square. I'm not hoping or rooting for any of the Niners to miss this game (not suggesting anyone else here is). That's a loser's mentality, and that's now how this program has been built.

Bring it.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
From what I have seen, their Oline is kind of like our secondary.....good depth....so I am not sure how much advantage this may be. However, they still do not scare me. They are a good team but not exactly a power house that they are made out to be. They have been "getting hot" all season against mediocre competition and falling back to earth against good competition. This is not to say they are bad or can't beat us, any given Sunday and all, but the media tends to fluff them for news a lot. I think we win easily regardless of who starts on their oline or WR.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":2iqgb092 said:
From what I have seen, their Oline is kind of like our secondary.....good depth....so I am not sure how much advantage this may be. However, they still do not scare me. They are a good team but not exactly a power house that they are made out to be. They have been "getting hot" all season against mediocre competition and falling back to earth against good competition. This is not to say they are bad or can't beat us, any given Sunday and all, but the media tends to fluff them for news a lot. I think we win easily regardless of who starts on their oline or WR.

Relatively good depth. Boone has only played part of a game at LT but looks decent. Snyder is extremely versatile, but not high skill. He has decent level skill at all 5 positions which makes him valuable. Looney is not ready. But I think the back up line is probably better than a lot of starting lines on other teams. Shall see.

kearly

Reaction score
Boone played well in relief of Staley last week. That's a lot of injuries, but the last couple years it seems like every time Seattle faces a bad OL and you think they'll get 6 sacks, they end up shut out.

Protection is going to be a huge deal in this game. Kaepernick is an odd dude, he's so easy to fluster and yet his numbers improve dramatically when you blitz him. I'm sure Pete knows this, so I expect a lot of 4 man rushes this game, and a lot of short passes from CK.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I feel like this is something we can exploit... in that since STL we've probably faced our toughest string of O-Lines yet in TB, ATL, MIN, and NO. I could be mistaken as I don't have DVOA numbers.

NO imo though probably has the best O-line in the NFL.

However it will be intriguing to see:

The 2nd match-up of Davis vs Bryant/Avril.

If you did not know Davis and Avril hate each other and Avril has been on fire as of late.

Clemons nor Irvin was in the first match-up and to have Staley out now is still a downgrade, even if Boone is pretty damn good.

Mebane, the other DTs, and Dan Quinn all need to be licking their chops, to go from Boone and Iuputi to Snyder and Looney is a signicant downgrade to their O-Line especially when the weakest link has always been OC Jonathan Goodwin. If our DTs can forced double teams consistently and let the pass-rushers do their thing one on one. Kaep's going to be in for a long day.

And because the Guards spots have took a big hit... so has their power running game... and the 49ers have proved when they can't run the ball consistently and effectively their passing game falls apart.

And it should all fall into Seattle favor if they are winning the match-ups:

SFO forcing the run when they can't pass will only hinder them from scoring points.

And

SFO forcing the pass when they can't run will only create more opportunity for turnovers.

Control the LOS an contain Kaep and Gore. And Seahawks should win rather easily, even if the O struggles which I don't think it will because I think the Seahawks like last year has been waiting for the final stretch to go full play book to catch lighting, fire, and momentum in a bottle.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I acknowledge that the OL flux 'should' be an exploitable weakness, but that wasn't evident when they played the Rams. Granted, we bring pressure in more ways, but the Ram DL is no slouch and there aren't many OL's that can make Robert Quinn a non-factor, as he was against their 'weakend' OL.
I'd actually feel better with their starters in because our guys know them so well, and dominated them at Quest. Remember Red Bryant blasting their starying C into the backfield? That was beautiful to behold. These backups are comparatively unkown, so I hope our guys figure them out quickly.

SDHawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":f5kwyy2u said:
Remember Red Bryant blasting their starying C into the backfield? That was beautiful to behold.

No, but I remember Big Red pancaking Iupati in wk 2.

Red bryant mike iupati

chris98251

Reaction score
I want to flush Kaep, he is really a lot worse trying to throw on the run, not let him turn it up but make him decise downfeiled or out of bounds throwing the ball.

253hawk

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":6sxyfzld said:
Personally, I'd prefer that they all be 100% healthy and play. I want to see exactly and surely how we stack up against that terrific O-line fair and square. I'm not hoping or rooting for any of the Niners to miss this game (not suggesting anyone else here is). That's a loser's mentality, and that's now how this program has been built.

Bring it.

To be fair, their backups did a decent job on Long and Sims in the Rams game; 0 sacks. SF did give up 4 to other players though.