12 flag over candlestick on 12/8/13

pmedic920

Reaction score
Not sure if y'all know about this or not. I don't have a FB so I'll do the best I can to link to it.
Any way a group of 12s have raised money to have a flag flown over candlestick for the game. It will be pulled by an airplane.
Sounds like the have enough for the small size already and are hoping to raise a little more for the bigger one.

una2ypam.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1282496 ... 818738723/

muxpux

Reaction score
thats pretty awesome. if it were up here id hope the owners would be smart enough to turn away the business.

and thats a houston Hawks fan group. i dont have access cause its a private group

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
On a side note. I've posted something about the Texas/california hawkers t-shirts and hoodies in the classified area. They are almost half off till 12/12.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
muxpux":9ey0jchn said:
thats pretty awesome. if it were up here id hope the owners would be smart enough to turn away the business.

and thats a houston Hawks fan group. i dont have access cause its a private group
Actually it's thru a thing called " fundrazr" I'm trying to get better info as I type this.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Go to fundrazr.com. Then find the group called, GoHawks Aerialbanner. I hope this helps. Would be great to get the bigger banner with more flight time. Only needing $350 more, should be a cake walk. My wife did $25. Come on guys. Let's get this done.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Haha first the brick at the new stadium, now flying hawks gear over their stadium.

I can taste the tears of 9ers already. Watch out, though. They like to keep it stabby down there.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
pmedic920":j6suvq1t said:
Go to fundrazr.com. Then find the group called, GoHawks Aerialbanner. I hope this helps. Would be great to get the bigger banner with more flight time. Only needing $350 more, should be a cake walk. My wife did $25. Come on guys. Let's get this done.

Thanks for providing the link. I contributed $20.00 and forwarded the confirmation e-mail to all my friends. I will follow up with each to see if they will match me.

Love this stuff and the idea that the players will see this before the game as well as fellow 12's. Absolutely love the voice the 12th man has shown this year in other venues. I will be doing my part in NO next year but $20.00 is easy money to support our team and fellow fans.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I almost hope the 49ers try to one up us if we meet in the playoffs. Why? Because it makes the rivalry even more fun.:)

BlueThunder

Reaction score
If they actually survive to play us at the CLink in the playoffs, we need to find out if any 9ers group is trying to do the same thing with a company around here... then raise money to outbid them to NOT fly... or to just fly a 12th flag around the CLink... I think any local company would be biased and give us a discount... :mrgreen:

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3fxhlmlk said:
If they actually survive to play us at the CLink in the playoffs, we need to find out if any 9ers group is trying to do the same thing with a company around here... then raise money to outbid them to NOT fly... or to just fly a 12th flag around the CLink... I think any local company would be biased and give us a discount... :mrgreen:

Agree 100%
And I challenge everybody reading this thread to go and donate. Even $5 bucks will help. This will be awesome. Need the bigger banner. I'm guessing if they raise extra money it will go towards extra flight time.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
If anybody has way to contact the KIRO team that goes to the away games(they were at Houston and Atlanta), might be cool to give them a heads up on this. Maybe we could get a few seconds of the flag flying, on the news.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
These things are funny and all. But just so you know. With every passing stunt, it raises the odds that you'll be stabbed if you ever attend a game down there wearing Hawks gear.

Brahn

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2uho1uxw said:
I almost hope the 49ers try to one up us if we meet in the playoffs. Why? Because it makes the rivalry even more fun.:)

^ This. Niner's have a passionate fan base, just like us. Makes the Season much more enjoyable. And I hope they make it to the NFC Championship to play us a 3rd time. I feel people do not really factor how close these 2 teams are in talent based on previous games. The Niners are a consistent QB from being a contender with or without Kaep.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
It appears that the goal has been reached. It seems as though some slight modification has been done to the original plan, based on some rules. Not sure if they are NFL rules or local Air space rules. Looks like the cant fly as close to kick off as they wanted. They are restricted 1 hour before kick off, so in a way this is better. The players will more than likely see it now, as they will probably be on the field warming up.
It was also stated that in the event that this flight can't take place for any reason (weather or such) that donations will be returned via PayPal.
I think this is very cool, I'm glad to have played a small part in it. I also think it should become a regular thing, no matter where the hawks play. For the 12th man, flying the 12 flag has been an important part of our shtick. Why not do it like this every away game. The cost is minimal when broken up over a few hundred fans. I know I would be willing to kick in a $20 for every away game.
GoHawks.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
To everyone that donated. I recommend forwarding your confirmation email to anyone Seahawks fan you know. I know I would be upset if I found out about this after the fact and we just barely missed a goal.

Would really love to have this get some air time on the local sports shows also. The more donations the better. Make as big a display as possible and any overflow can be contributed to future events.

I know I wouldn't want my money back. I would prefer it be used for other similar events if for whatever reason it didn't happen.