WHAT HATH GOD WROUGHT!!--Monday Night weather

Kixkahn

Reaction score
The 12th man can stay warm by staying active. Doing quiet dancing when the offense is on the field, and the usual burst the ear drums loud when defense is out.

Axx

Reaction score
does someone have a stat of Breese's performance stats in colder tempatures?

Hopefully he starts to play bad in weather just like old man peyton

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Yeah Payton's a weather wimp, even before he got old. He crapped the bed in that SNF game and he looked SO FREEZING-ASS COLD out there.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":2femv3lu said:
Yeah Payton's a weather wimp, even before he got old. He crapped the bed in that SNF game and he looked SO FREEZING-ASS COLD out there.

But, but, they are practicing outside to prepare!! Can't wait for this game, took the night off so I can watch the ass whooping live instead of on DVR.

Largent80

Reaction score
We all know about snow predictions in Seattle. I remember 1 year, they were saying up to 18" overnight and not a flake fell.

muxpux

Reaction score
Largent80":5i11gr4o said:
We all know about snow predictions in Seattle. I remember 1 year, they were saying up to 18" overnight and not a flake fell.

yes, snow is hard to forecast here, one thing of note, for the north sound folk, is there supposed to be a PCZ setting up which would dump snow in a narrow band in the north sound. (im sure if you live in an affected area you know what the PCZ is.)

basically, the cold is gonna come roaring through sunday night/monday, just as the moisture runs out. well see. its still a ways away.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Thank god Russell had experience playing in Wisconsin. :th2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Largent80":2ilxa4l6 said:
Shoot most of the time they don't predict it when it happens then act like they did after the fact. I've always said the easiest job in Seattle has got to be being a weatherman, everyone expects you to be wrong.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'd love to see that N.O. D trying to contain Harvin / RW on a slick surface.

More cartoon than professional football.

Atradees

Reaction score
Well if is snowy-running the ball and dropped passes could be a thing-also whoever gets the most turnovers....ball gets harder in frigid temps.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Atradees":1z1ygfs6 said:
Well if is snowy-running the ball and dropped passes could be a thing-also whoever gets the most turnovers....ball gets harder in frigid temps.

fine with me. i'd take the hawks in a blustery mess anyday over the dome fed saints.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Will the cold weather affect noise levels too?

jawilljr

Reaction score
Axx":uvqs1ei7 said:
does someone have a stat of Breese's performance stats in colder tempatures?

Hopefully he starts to play bad in weather just like old man peyton

According to this article, Brees is 2-6 with temps below 40.

Since 2006, but excluding 2012 when Payton was suspended, the Saints are 2-6 in games where the temperature is 40 degrees or colder and the starters are playing. The two wins came over 4-12 teams (Washington in 2009, Cincinnati in 2010).

Go HAWKS!!!

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
I looked into this a couple of weeks ago,
Wilson played 1 yr. at Wisconsin. Never had a snow game and the coldest game he ever played in was 46 degrees at Ohio state, if I remember correctly. Since the last game of the regular season is at the end of nov. he didn't practice much in cold weather either. I'm guessing, while preparing for the bowl game they practiced inside a lot.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":x8jmp3lc said:
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2022350072_coldweathexml.html

It's gonna be crappy and cold, with a chance of SNOW for the Saints in the Clink on MNF. Dome team from the south gonna get reamed by the weather as well as the 12th Man while Wilson gets to work.

Am I sensing the need for adverse weather to ease the minds of my friends here? I understand that you believe you are out-manned and out-coached, but why would you feel that would be of much of an advantage at all, as much as you clearly feel you need such?

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1q9hvs9p said:
Thank god Russell had experience playing in Wisconsin. :th2thumbs:

Umm, you do realize that he played the first three of his four college seasons at North Carolina State, right? That is in the South. Brees, on the other hand, played his whole college career in the cold winters at Purdue.

Largent80

Reaction score
Guido...Happy Thanksgiving......and I think the fans just like snow games because of the fun. Really, the Hawks were a dome team for how long and we always heard the same stuff. There is no advantage, but it is fun to watch a bunch of pissed off large men slip and slide all over the place.