Why didn't Thurmond appeal this week?

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
I was thinking about this before the Browner news, but it doesn't really make a difference with or without Browner.

If Thurmond would have appealed this week then dropped it after the Saints game he could play against the Saints and then sit out the remaining 4. This seems like it would be ideal as the Saints game is by far the most important and difficult in terms of defending the pass.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Similar to the Aldon Smith situation, I kind of think if the dude's in trouble he should be suspended now and get it over with. With the number of suspensions the Seahawks have had recently, I don't think they should risk sending anything other than a 'no-tolerance' message.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Get it over with, and gives him one game in regular season before the playoffs.

nategreat

Reaction score
Killa Kam":4at1zwjv said:
Get it over with, and gives him one game in regular season before the playoffs.

True, but he'll still be able to practice after the 4 games regardless. So while not being the same as a game, he'll still easily get enough practice time to get back up to par.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I actually thought the same thing. If he played the Saints game,then dropped the suspension, it would work out better for the team.

We could still bring in a guy like Winfield and work him in slowly. We're going to be open a roster spot when Browner gets suspended.

The only reason I thought this might not work is that it hit us during the bye week so they might review his appeal before we ever get to the Saints game, so maybe Thurmon is trying to look contrite by just accepting the suspension.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I am sure the team is calling the shot on this matter. WT3 is not in a position of power.

Subzero717

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1flygnl1 said:
I am sure the team is calling the shot on this matter. WT3 is not in a position of power.

Actually the way I understand it, its between him, the union and the league. Wether they can influence him I'm sure is a case by case team to team. If the team puts any pressuee on him he could file a grievance.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I'm of two minds on this. I do understand the OP but conversely there's something good about him coming back vs. the Rams for the last game, he can work in that one, and have the extra time off before the playoffs (because we're getting a bye) to get things dialed in.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Because he was probably told that his appeal would be heard this week. He knew he did it and that it wouldn't make a difference he would still be suspended for the NO game. So he dropped the appeal.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
It makes much more sense to me to have Thurmond available to knock off the rust during the last regular season game rather than playing the Hawks first playoff game without having played in 5-6 weeks (assuming the Hawks get a first-round bye).