Kind of excited to see what we have in Shead

King Dog

Reaction score
Sucks about Thurmond, but whatever. Looking ahead. We've kept Shead around for 2 years on the practice squad, and I think he was on the active roster to close out last season. I'm kind of excited to see what we have in him. The FO has kept him around this long, they must like him.

Time to step up big boy.

Deshawn Shead
CB / S
6'2"
220 lbs
2nd year

[youtube]DDeFIXvvBtg[/youtube]

QuahHawk

Reaction score
We aren't paying him big money on the PS for nothing, they are payign him active roster type salary to keep him around.

stack600

Reaction score
Sure fits the DB profile, J.S. Style. If ya drop the eggs, ya make egg salad. Next man up......

45Hawker

Reaction score
He looks more suited for Safety than CB. Big guy, nice footwork, but doesn't appear quick. Of course, I know nothing..

GO HAWKS!!!

BillHawks

Reaction score
45Hawker":361dqojv said:
He looks more suited for Safety than CB. Big guy, nice footwork, but doesn't appear quick. Of course, I know nothing..

GO HAWKS!!!

Looking at his pro day stats he's a quicker, slightly shorter, Brandon Bronwer.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
And just because he's listed at 220 doesn't mean he's not slimmer. That's the thing I hate about the NFL player sites... we aren't privy to the most recent weigh-ins.

Riley12

Reaction score
I vaguely remember Deshawn Shead during the preseason and training camp. I liked him better than Lane.

Hawks46

Reaction score
How quick is he ? I can't find his pro day stats anywhere.

Last I remember about Shead is that he was a CB at PSU and he's playing Safety for us. Not sure how his CB skills still are.

BillHawks

Reaction score
Hawks46":2m5xzerb said:
How quick is he ? I can't find his pro day stats anywhere.

Last I remember about Shead is that he was a CB at PSU and he's playing Safety for us. Not sure how his CB skills still are.

4.5 in the 40, 4.23 in the 20yd shuttle, 6.76 in the 3-cone shuttle.

Measures favorably compared to Browner coming out of college.

Largent80

Reaction score
The problem is .... No game experience. He would be an emergency backup. We are already in emergency mode thanks to Thurmonds life decisions.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I think he got into a few games last year. He's not going to come in and start, but if he sees playing time next week in obvious passing situations I think he will do all right.

chris98251

Reaction score
He's Browners replacement next season as our physical Corner, at least it's obvious to me anyway, a intimidation physical presence on the edge is the compliment to Sherman.