Bye Week Topic - Favorite Sports Radio Show?

What is the best sports radio show?

• Mitch - KJR

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • Softie - KJR

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • Brock & Danny - 710

Votes: 64 65.3%
  • Bob & Groz - 710

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Various - Sirius/XM NFL Radio

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Other - List your choice below

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters

RockHawk

Reaction score
Since it's a bye week, let's hear about who you feel does the best local radio show in regards to our Seahawks analysis and coverage? This is all about the individual opinion so feel free to blast away in the comments!

OP
OP
RockHawk

RockHawk

Reaction score
I'll start by voting for Brock & Danny, though the Danny part makes it a lot less of a gap than it should be. I can't help but really enjoy Brock Huard as a host and his former NFL QB resume allows him to speak to the game so much better than most sports journalists.

hawk45

Reaction score
I went Brock and Danny as well. I don't get to listen to them very much but when I do I always appreciate Brock. Yeah, Danny is the weakest link there.

Mitch is okay, great interviewer and not a total homer so I can stand to listen to his analysis without puking. But too often he'll burn entire segments with some personal story or some topic that he thinks he's being cute about. I do think he has a good radio personality, but he thinks it's good enough that I want to listen to 20 minutes about something that happened to him in traffic or him toasting every year because there's no undefeated team in the NFL (he's a Dolphin fan).

Softie I have a tough time listening to. His radio personality feels fake to me, the forced clanging laugh, calling everybody 'pal', I feel like he's a caricature of a sports radio host. But he does get a lot of segments with Hugh or Holmgren. Hugh is a good listen, Holmgren is FREAKING FANTASTIC to listen to. Soothing voice, deep knowledge, his stories all immediately put me under a spell. In Holmgren's case, he is enough of a personality that I will listen to him talk about some story about his family or some personal even that happened to him. To be honest I feel undeserving of getting that much enjoyment out of someone on a radio.

Bob and Groz...neither of those guys bring anything to the table. Groz brings...arrogance? That's it?

CaptBennett

Reaction score
So far 100% Brock and Danny haha, and I wouldn't think anything less. That show is the best out of all of them because they can both support biased and unbiased perspectives. Also, Brock is a very well educated experienced player that can give a different perspective of every game (I love his commentary). Danny gives a kind of "fan view", but still gives us that journalist vibe of knowing what he's talking about most of the time. (SHUT UP DANNY).

CaptBennett

Reaction score
hawk45":2ns18qxh said:
I went Brock and Danny as well. I don't get to listen to them very much but when I do I always appreciate Brock. Yeah, Danny is the weakest link there.

Mitch is okay, great interviewer and not a total homer so I can stand to listen to his analysis without puking. But too often he'll burn entire segments with some personal story or some topic that he thinks he's being cute about. I do think he has a good radio personality, but he thinks it's good enough that I want to listen to 20 minutes about something that happened to him in traffic or him toasting every year because there's no undefeated team in the NFL (he's a Dolphin fan).

Softie I have a tough time listening to. His radio personality feels fake to me, the forced clanging laugh, calling everybody 'pal', I feel like he's a caricature of a sports radio host. But he does get a lot of segments with Hugh or Holmgren. Hugh is a good listen, Holmgren is FREAKING FANTASTIC to listen to. Soothing voice, deep knowledge, his stories all immediately put me under a spell. In Holmgren's case, he is enough of a personality that I will listen to him talk about some story about his family or some personal even that happened to him. To be honest I feel undeserving of getting that much enjoyment out of someone on a radio.

Bob and Groz...neither of those guys bring anything to the table. Groz brings...arrogance? That's it?

I enjoy Danny, his arrogance is kind of funny and it makes for some interesting callers. Especially the ones who yell at him. haha.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Moving the Chains on Sirius. It isn't as good now with Jim Miller, the Bears homer, but Pat Kirwan is good enough to keep it great on his own. Brock and Danny run a close second.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't mess with KJR after Hugh's vendetta against Wilson last season.

ESPN lost something when they lost Salk, but the Brock and Danny show might be the most informative and entertaining show in Seattle.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Voted Brock and Danny. I don't mind Danny as much as most here seem to. Plus, Tom Wassel(sp?) can be pretty damn funny.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I love Brock Huard. I like his intelligence and personality and voice. Danny I could do without for the most part.

Tical21

Reaction score
Only in Seattle.

I keep typing messages and deleting them. I'm literally speechless right now.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Brock is far and away the best but danny is crapola , salk was way better
Wyman mike and moore are starting to get it goin though

Tical21

Reaction score
Ok, I can't take it anymore. Brock Huard? Completely unlistenable, I'm sorry. One of, if not the most annoying personality in sports radio history, and there have been some doozies. "You mean to tell me, that Peyton Manning, with all his experience, and all his accolades, and all thousands of yards, and the theatre, and the pageantry, and the ballerina feet and the hand waving, and all his gestures, you mean to tell me that guy isn't one of the most intimidating presences in the history of this league....I don't know what to tell ya". It is the same thing over, and over, and over, and over. Nobody takes more time to explain absolutely nothing. You can't tell me you have ever learned a thing about football from Brock Huard. It is just so remedial. I'm sorry.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think Brock has the insider track on information being an Ex Seahawk and also not burned any bridges. Warren Moon is a real good inforamtion guy but lets his personal vies cloud things and has burned a few bridges as well has made other headlines not associated with Football so I think the Seahawks keep him at arms length.

Dave Wyman and Matt Strong I like a lot, not as articulate but get past that (ROLAND) and you get some good information.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Tical21":1fxdelwm said:
Ok, I can't take it anymore. Brock Huard? Completely unlistenable, I'm sorry. One of, if not the most annoying personality in sports radio history, and there have been some doozies. "You mean to tell me, that Peyton Manning, with all his experience, and all his accolades, and all thousands of yards, and the theatre, and the pageantry, and the ballerina feet and the hand waving, and all his gestures, you mean to tell me that guy isn't one of the most intimidating presences in the history of this league....I don't know what to tell ya". It is the same thing over, and over, and over, and over. Nobody takes more time to explain absolutely nothing. You can't tell me you have ever learned a thing about football from Brock Huard. It is just so remedial. I'm sorry.

But when he does explain things about the game he's right more times than anothe certain UW QB, just sayin'

Happypuppy

Reaction score
My rankings

John Clayton
Brock and Danny

Mitch I can't stand ( or the rest of KJR for that matter) he is juvenile and pompous.

chris98251

Reaction score
Throwdown":bo3mu0xj said:
Tical21":bo3mu0xj said:

But when he does explain things about the game he's right more times than anothe certain UW QB, just sayin'

Sounds like he was a Brian Davis fan doesn't it :)

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I can't listen to brock for more than a few minutes. It might be because of his delivery or his back and forth silliness with the other dude. They talk a lot of Seahawks and that is the only reason I give it a go from time to time.

Groz sucks too.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Tical21":3iwz82q7 said:

This

Latest posts