Scruggs practicing Monday?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:23 pm
  • Just said on 710 with Bob & Groz (and Moffitt).
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

Re: Scruggs practicing Monday?
Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:32 pm
  • What is the question?
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:32 pm
  • Very interesting......
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:37 pm
  • Can he even come back this year? and if so, Who will be released if he does?
    Johnny
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:45 pm
  • I don't think anyone should be cut for him.. He is not that special to be so excited about.
    Seahawkx
    NET Starter

Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:06 pm
  • Meh. Wouldn't trade any of our healthy d-linemen for him.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:33 pm
  • Pete said in his press conference that Scruggs will likely practice next week. What that means in terms of bringing him back I have no idea. They may let him practice a few weeks, get a feel for where he is at before deciding to shelf him for the season. It's a nice way to keep some insurance in case we have some injuries, so it doesn't hurt us to extend his possible activation or shelving for as long as possible to keep all our options open
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:10 pm
  • Seahawkx wrote:I don't think anyone should be cut for him.. He is not that special to be so excited about.

No way man. Scruggs is dope. He's got the potential to be a real terror as a penetrating 3-tech on passing downs. As I recall, he started out as a DE, but piled on a bunch of weight to play on the inside this year. I was looking forward to see what he could do there...
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:36 pm
  • Yea, he's almost a Bennett type, but about 15 lbs heavier.

He's fast enough to play outside, but big enough to play inside. Slightly bigger than Bennett, and slightly slower than Bennett. He definately has value to us.

Question: coming off of PUP like this, doesn't he get 3 weeks of practice and then the team can decide what to do? Also, I thought he could practice but not be on the active roster.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:04 pm
  • I think Mayowa might be released to make room for Scruggs. The FO seems really high on Scruggs and Mayowa hasn't seen the field much. In fact, I don't think he's been out there at all outside of some garbage time and he has 1 tackle on the year in 2 games played. I think mayowa showed some potential in preseason, but if Scruggs had been healthy I don't think Mayowa even makes the team to start the year.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:05 pm
  • Maybe IR Williams if he looks good in his rehab stint?
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:13 pm
  • I haven't seen enough of the cat to draw a conclusion of him good or bad.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:59 pm
  • Aros wrote:I haven't seen enough of the cat to draw a conclusion of him good or bad.

Same for Mayowa. But for the future we most definitely have a need for both of them!!!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:18 pm
  • I don't know much (OK, anything, I'll just go ahead and admit) about Scruggs the player, but really enjoyed what I heard from Scruggs the person in that interview.
    "I have a Super Bowl ring, and I would gladly show that to him. And if he doesn’t have time to come see it, tell him he can Google it." -- Doug Baldwin
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:11 pm
  • I have eagerly anticipated Scruggs being a force for us, but, so far, he's been underwhelming when given the chance. Hopefully he can turn a corner, cuz I really like Scruggs the person.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:19 am
  • Hawks46 wrote:Yea, he's almost a Bennett type, but about 15 lbs heavier.

He's fast enough to play outside, but big enough to play inside. Slightly bigger than Bennett, and slightly slower than Bennett. He definately has value to us.

Question: coming off of PUP like this, doesn't he get 3 weeks of practice and then the team can decide what to do? Also, I thought he could practice but not be on the active roster.

I'm going to use this post to discuss a tendency we all have to look at height and weight and draw conclusions. No offense meant to you.

Scruggs ran a ridiculous 4.69 40 at almost 280 pounds. He's faster than Bennett and is one hell of an uncommon athlete with really quick feet. Where Bennett excels is short area explosion. He has a pretty nasty burst off the LOS and that's where he's better, in terms of athletic traits, than Scruggs. Scruggs beats Bennett in just about every other physical category. However, Bennett also plays with some serious violence amplified by that short area explosion(this part is more mental/frame of mind, the violence that is). If Scruggs were to get healthy enough to play he plays along side Bennett on passing downs while rotating in McDonald, IMO. Scruggs is no slouch and we got him for a very good reason. He's one of those special and/or unique athletes that Pete and John talk about. Getting Scruggs on the practice field with Bennett should be very good for him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0 ... -3-yd-loss

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0 ... -0-yd-loss

I like the trash talking the SF OL on that second one even though the sack just came from playing contain.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:07 pm
  • Happypuppy wrote:Maybe IR Williams if he looks good in his rehab stint?

Williams is on IR. Scruggs will likely be joining him.
    I'm In!

What attracted you to the Seahawks?
    “It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:17 pm
  • Seafan wrote:
    Happypuppy wrote:Maybe IR Williams if he looks good in his rehab stint?

Yes you are right. I meant to write Hill. He can't stay healthy.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:37 pm
  • Seafan wrote:
    Happypuppy wrote:Maybe IR Williams if he looks good in his rehab stint?

Hmmm... would a forum handle of 'Schleprock' be more suitable?
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:46 pm
  • We have three weeks to activate him to the roster otherwise we IR him. At this stage I think we're just holding onto him to see if anyone drops injured in the next couple of weeks, no rush to activate him. As for who he would replace? Likely Mayowa or Schofield as they've both dropped into the gameday inactives with the healthy Avril and Clemons in action (and Irvin able to move into the DE spot if needed) hence why we've not seen much of them at all. We could also IR Hill just to save cutting anyone as was mentioned above
    HighlandHawk
    NET Rookie

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:13 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information