Clinton McDonald

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Clinton McDonald
Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:09 am
  • I know it's hard to evaluate trades until some time has passed, but I'm starting to think that we made out okay when we traded Kelly Jennings for McDonald. :mrgreen:

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Clinton McDonald
Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:11 am
  • I thought we traded him for a roster spot; hot damn!
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:36 am
  • And to think we cut him after training camp. It will be very interesting to see if they resign McDonald or McDaniel next year
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:52 am
  • McDonald really has come into his own this year. Wonder if Quinn worked some magic there.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:07 am
  • McDonald turned into Red lobster after he was cut and then brought back
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:38 am
  • Is a STUD!
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:20 am
  • And the only reason is pass-rushing numbers have declined his because since Jordan Hill's return, the Seahawks switched Hill and McDonald.

So McDonald is back to his original position backing up Mebane like 2011 and 2012. And Hill is backing up McDaniel.

Not to mention Clemons and Irvins return, even though they don't play the same position, took pass-rushing snaps away from McDonald.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:22 am
  • Pandion Haliaetus wrote:And the only reason is pass-rushing numbers have declined his because since Jordan Hill's return, the Seahawks switched Hill and McDonald.

So McDonald is back to his original position backing up Mebane like 2011 and 2012. And Hill is backing up McDaniel.

Not to mention Clemons and Irvins return, even though they don't play the same position, took pass-rushing snaps away from McDonald.

The good thing there is that we won't be able to hold on to all of these guys, so no matter what, we'll be left with someone who produces.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:25 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Pandion Haliaetus wrote:And the only reason is pass-rushing numbers have declined his because since Jordan Hill's return, the Seahawks switched Hill and McDonald.

The good thing there is that we won't be able to hold on to all of these guys, so no matter what, we'll be left with someone who produces.

Yeah, sometimes injuries can be a blessing in disguise if they show you that your depth guys can start in this league.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:41 am
  • Yeah I really like that we rotate so many guys through. It will certainly help in resigning people after the season because their stats won't be gaudy and it will also help our backups in case we cannot resign the starters and they have to step in. Win, win.
    jblaze
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:45 am
  • McDonald, to me, isn't necessarily a pro-bowler, or even a full-time starter, but he's definitely a baller. He reminds me of a rich man's Craig Terrill, in that he takes advantage of his opportunities to make an impact play. The difference between he and Terrill, of course, is that is isn't a liability in running situations.
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information