Do we have the best receiving corps in the NFL with Harvin?

Dabhawk

Reaction score
I'm being real when I say this but I honestly believe that the Seahawks have the best receiving corps in the NFL with the addition of Harvin.
Here are a couple reasons why:

1. We have a wide range of receivers.
-Kearse is 6'1 and can catch a deep ball like nobody's business. I really like this kid and believe he will be a star some day(credit going directly to #3) He has good speed for his size(4.3/40yrd) and he seems to be fitting in to our scheme nicely. Hes a good blocker and has no signs in decreased effort, a real team player. I think hes a diamond in the rough.

2. Golden is GOLD. I knew this kid who make me proud once he got a decent QB. I saw flashes of his talent in the 2010 season but he seemed like he didnt always have his head in the game. I dont know if it was because he was an immature player or he just couldnt handle the assignments he was given, but he sure didnt look like he was gonna last as a Seahawk. This year he has emerged as one of the most "clutch" receivers on our roster and in the league. He should go to the Pro Bowl or be in the All Pro voting because he has made every opportunity hes been given this year GOLDEN. Plus I was in attendance during the "Fail Mary" game and I cant tell you how ridiculous his catch made me. I literally got out of my seat and started screaming "SUCK PACK, SUCK!" as if to tell all the visiting Packer's fans who were chanting their lame "go pack, go" phrase. I look back at it and still laugh. A guy next to me was wearing a "bleu cheese" wedge on his hat. What a good Monday Night.

3. Baldwin is so quiet in his interviews but man is he LOUD on the field? Every roll out deep ball that Russell has ever thrown has gone to Dougie. He seems to make separation from his corner on every play and he is an expert at our system. I love everything about this kid ever since he led this team in receptions as an UDRFA!!! Doug will always be a baller in my book and I can only pray that he stays with this organization as long as he plays.

4. Our TE corps has two Studs in Miller and Willson. I dont care what anybody says, Luke has been a playmaker. It might be subtle but it definitely shows. He has caught almost every ball thrown his way and continues to make key blocks in the running game. I havent seen Vance McDonald do anything that Willson isnt capable of doing which makes me glad we didnt go for a TE so early. Zach is such a solid blocker and has catches here and there. His TD in AZ was awesome, he streched out like a puma going for an deer. TAKE NOTE WILLSON :mrgreen:

5. Percy. Oh dear Mercy. Where do I begin? What hasnt been said about this guy already? He is the BEAST MODE of our Receiving Corps. He is the best overall player in the league says Adrian Peterson. I cant wait to see this guy dismantle defenses. Nobody on the field has a bigger presents in the return game, hes off the charts fast. Hes absolutely incredible(hence that catch he made sunday), and was worth every penny we paid for him. Trust me fellow fans, the payoff will come, sooner than you will believe. I love how everyone talks about how talented he was on the Vikings. If you think he was talented on that team, just wait. He has a 5X better supporting cast now and is catching balls from DangeRuss. This tandem will be talked about years from now, mark my words!

My final words are, ENJOY THIS MOMENT!!! Even if we arent "the BEST" we still have so much talent on Offense as of late and it is definitely going to show on the field come Monday. Till my next post, I bid adue until next Monday. Gotta go take a dab after typing all of that sheesh lol GO HAWKS!!!

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I don't know about being the best corp or not, but I truly like this squad. Collectively they all have great hands and run good routes. They are tough as nails and are reliable. We can win it all with these guys. They are just a solid part to an overall great team.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
Kearse isn't 4.3, I think he's in the 4.5-4.6 range but plays faster at times.

It's not best in the league but it could be the best the Seahawks have ever fielded.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
I don't know about the best, but they are good enough to win a Super Bowl with.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
When healthy, I think its the Falcons. Roddy white, Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez and Harry Douglas (showing he can play in Jones absence)

McGruff

Reaction score
Denver.

Green Bay when healthy.

Possibly the Saints.

I like Atlanta's better than ours (with Julio).

Indy with Watyne, Hilton and the TE's is pretty good.

I think we are average really, but we excell at catching the contested ball. Not good in separating, not really a speed group, not really big, but we catch the ball and can run.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Aros":35oby4pu said:
Who's got it better than us?
NOBODY!

To answer the question, I don't know about the being the best but top 5 isn't a ridiculous possibility. Percy is that good and when he has an actual NFL quarterback it gets stupid ridiculous. That isn't a guess that's proven fact.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Strictly considering top 3 WRs
1.) Denver - Thomas, Welker, Decker
2.) Atlanta (when healthy)- Julio, White, Douglas
3.) GB- Nelson, Cobb, Jones
4.) Seattle- Harvin, Tate, Baldwin
5.) Dallas- Dez, Austin, Williams

If you're considering top 4, I'd consider moving up Seattle and GB ahead of Atlanta.

It's really hard to tell who has the best because the WRs seem to go hand and hand with really good QBs.. I actually think NO has pathetic WRs, COlston, Moore, Stills, Meachem. Look at Meachem for example, he couldn't even make a team (SD) that had invested huge money into him. Now he's back making plays in NO. I'd say that the QB can make a WR look good or bad, but there are true talents that look great regardless of who's throwing them the ball...Dez, Megatron, AJ Green, Julio..ect

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
No way. Right now, I would say the best is EASILY Denver. They have a very formidable group of pass catchers. When healthy, I would give the nod to Atlanta and Green Bay pretty easily as well.

Prior to Rice getting hurt and prior to Harvin returning, I would have said that the Seahawks had possibly the worst group of WRs in the NFL. They really were not playing well. Then Rice got hurt and Tate, Baldwin and Kearse were thrust into the spotlight and have stepped up in a huge way. Harvin adds a ton obviously. I still would put a few other teams ahead of them, but they are trending upward for sure. Those other teams might include:

- Denver
- Green Bay (when healthy)
- Atlanta (when healthy
- Chicago
- Giants
- Dallas

lukerguy

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1l6gwncv said:
No way. Right now, I would say the best is EASILY Denver. They have a very formidable group of pass catchers. When healthy, I would give the nod to Atlanta and Green Bay pretty easily as well.

Prior to Rice getting hurt and prior to Harvin returning, I would have said that the Seahawks had possibly the worst group of WRs in the NFL. They really were not playing well. Then Rice got hurt and Tate, Baldwin and Kearse were thrust into the spotlight and have stepped up in a huge way. Harvin adds a ton obviously. I still would put a few other teams ahead of them, but they are trending upward for sure. Those other teams might include:

- Denver
- Green Bay (when healthy)
- Atlanta (when healthy
- Chicago
- Giants
- Dallas

I agree mostly. Chicago has high end Marshall and Jeffery, but their 3rd WR is awful. I agree the top 2 put them in the top 6-7 though. With Hakeem Nicks sucking this year, I don't think Cruz is near good enough to put them in top 5 contention. Harvin is better than Cruz, Tate is better than Nicks, Baldwin and Randle are comparable.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Top 5, but not better than Denver and probably Atlanta or Green Bay when healthy like everyone has stated. We lack the big time #1 possession receiver that everyone loves but instead just loaded the team with a bunch of clutch play makers.

Paschtorian

Reaction score
Okay,............who's healthy (right now)?????

The Seahawks are (mostly).

EASILY a top-three WR corps.

Everyone keeps excluding Lockette from the discussion. With him AND Harvin down the field, and Tate, Baldwin, and the TE's inside,........plus "Beast Mode",.......really????

With Wilson as the Field Marshal out there,.......UNSTOPPABLE.

BKCW

Reaction score
lukerguy":1829sdcq said:
Missing_Clink":1829sdcq said:
Baldwin and Randle are comparable.

Really?

Rank Receptions Drops Targets % Targets Drop %
306 Rueben Randle WR NYG 29 3 51 56.9 % 5.9%
147 Doug Baldwin WR Sea 36 1 50 72.0 % 2.0%

What these don't reveal is that Doug is CLUTCH.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Aros":7xweqjal said:
Who's got it better than us?
Currently when healthy...
Denver - Wes, Dem, Decker, J Tomas
Green Bay - Nelson, Jones, Finley, Cobb
Atlanta - Julio, Gonz, Roddy
Detroit - Calvin
TB - Jackson, Williams

But that might be it. I don't think the NYG, Dallas, NO, or anyone else is any better.

I really feel Percy and Tate with Kearse and Baldwin is solid.

Smellyman

Reaction score
solid group and with Harvin much more dangerous.

but VERY homerish to call it the best