Jeffery Chadiha on Brock and Danny

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Jeffery Chadiha on Brock and Danny
Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:07 pm
  • I really like this guy after his piece on Marshawn and think he is pretty good at his job. He is hesitant to put Russell Wilson up there as an MVP candidate and gave some fairly good reasons but then he went back to the tired, sad talking points that only demonstrate the ignorance of pundits and their unwillingness to put the time in on the Seahawks so that they know what they are talking about.

Specifically he referred to the team as carrying Russell Wilson and said that RW hasn't experienced any difficulties like Kapernick or others have. That Russell hasn't had to put the team on his backup (I can't remember word for word so paraphrasing) like others have had to do. That the defense and Marshawn Lynch make it easier for him.

What an unfortunate thing to say. Apparently he didn't see the Chicago Bears game last year, the one that ended Brian Urlacher's career. Probably didn't see the Houston game where Seattle was able to do nothing until RW put his team on...I don't know, his back? Or the DangeRuss performance throwing for 300+ yards against one of the best front 7s in the league when we couldn't run the ball.

Where was that defense or that running game that carries Russell in St Louis or at home vs the Buccaneers? Both teams that are actually very good. Try to tell Andrew Luck and Matt Ryan that those teams aren't very good.

Then he asked what happens when teams decide to keep him in the pocket and start batting balls down? I don't like using this term, but wtf? Batting balls down? And he won't be able to function if he's kept in the pocket? Hello? 21 and 6 after playing some of the best defenses in the league.

Houston Texans #1
    Carolina Panthers #3
    San Francisco 49ers #7
    Arizona Cardinals #9
    Tennessee Titans #10
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers #15

Did I mention he was missing 2 starting Tackles most of the season and his starting Center for several games or that his #1 is on IR? How about the fact that the starting Fullback got cut? And his #2 TE went on IR before the season even started. Now he's throwing to such well known receivers as Kellen Davis, UDFA Doug Baldwin, UDFA Jermaine Kearse and Ricardo Lockette.

Look, I can understand a lot of people's reservations about putting Russell Wilson III way up there in the MVP race, but at least show him the respect when you are going to make statements concerning him of being familiar with his capabilities. "Teams start batting down balls?"

I only have one thing to say to those people, Ten and One.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Re: Jeffery Chadiha on Brock and Danny
Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:11 pm
  • The defense does a lot to keep the game within Wilson's reach, but Wilson is the one punching it in. This team falls apart without his mobility. And given the relative unknowns he's been throwing to all year, behind a checkerboard O-line against some pretty hardcore D-lines, I don't see how anyone can fail to give him the proper credit. Jeffrey Chalupa needs to watch some tape.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:11 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:I really like this guy after his piece on Marshawn and think he is pretty good at his job.

Seriously? This is the guy who earlier this year called Wilson a "game manager" and said he would never be elite after admitting he watched almost no tape of Wilson during the season. There is utterly no reason to care what this guy has to say about Russell Wilson. None at all. He is not good at his job and does not deserve to be discussed. Apparently, he has discovered that bad-mouthing Wilson is a quick and easy way to get his Twitter mentions up.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:18 pm
  • He said that? Well, he's obviously a complete idiot.
    Never watched him, yet called him a Game Manager?? I guess you can't fix stupid.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:47 pm
  • Jeffrey Chadiha apparently believes everything he read before Russell Wilson ever started a game for the Seahawks, has not watched the Seahawks play since, and is sticking to the opinions he inherited from those writers.

What a pathetic synopsis of the player Russell Wilson is, and it is proven as completely ignorant if you just watch the man play and put the team on his back.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:55 pm
  • Chadiha is a good writer when he actually studies his subject material. Wilson appears to be his blind spot. He's the same guy that went on Seattle radio in August and put Cam Newton ahead of Wilson, then admitted to a (pissed) Brock that he actually hadn't watched much of Wilson, but was basing his opinion on second hand information and input from others, who were apparently clueless themselves.

Chadiha sounded slightly embarrassed when admitting his lack of knowledge back in August. Given that he's written smart analysis on other topics, I am pretty damn surprised he's still ignorant of Wilson's ability, talent and production in the face of mostly piss poor protection.
    Last edited by kearly on Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:07 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:I really like this guy after his piece on Marshawn and think he is pretty good at his job.

Seriously? This is the guy who earlier this year called Wilson a "game manager" and said he would never be elite after admitting he watched almost no tape of Wilson during the season. There is utterly no reason to care what this guy has to say about Russell Wilson. None at all. He is not good at his job and does not deserve to be discussed. Apparently, he has discovered that bad-mouthing Wilson is a quick and easy way to get his Twitter mentions up.

Wilson not so good:
    http://mynorthwest.com/422/2298299/Colu ... r-be-elite

Wilson is good after all:
    http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=422&sid=2353813

There's an audio link at the top of each page if people actually want to listen to them.

* He talks about RGIII and Kaep being able to throw their bodies around because they're bigger (and more durable).
    * He talks about Kaepernick's skill being the reason that he only has to make one read. He's so dangerous that defenses are simplified and he's only had to make one read.

** He is a TOOL
    Last edited by Laloosh on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:07 pm
  • Chadiha.......... Just smh. Russell has carried this team plenty of times since he was drafted. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just not watching much hawks football.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:11 pm
  • Nice! This kind of stuff works into our favor. RW feeds on doubt.

Anyway this guy needs to watch the levy film some one linked and witness from field level that shovel pass Wilson pitched to Lynch. He would change his tune after seeing that for sure.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:56 pm
  • "Specifically he referred to the team as carrying Russell Wilson and said that RW hasn't experienced any difficulties like Kapernick or others have."

How is not having 3/5 of your starting Oline not a difficulty? This guys is one of those Wilson is too short to play in the NFL guys. He is having to find BS to justify stupidity.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:05 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:I really like this guy after his piece on Marshawn and think he is pretty good at his job.

Wilson not so good:
    http://mynorthwest.com/422/2298299/Colu ... r-be-elite

Wilson is good after all:
    http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=422&sid=2353813

There's an audio link at the top of each page if people actually want to listen to them.

* He talks about RGIII and Kaep being able to throw their bodies around because they're bigger (and more durable).
    * He talks about Kaepernick's skill being the reason that he only has to make one read. He's so dangerous that defenses are simplified and he's only had to make one read.

** He is a TOOL

Rg3 durable?

How's that one-read thing working out now that defenses have him figured out? If he's capable of making reads, he would've adapted his game already
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:11 pm
  • I was going to point out that Chadilha picked Wilson as the QB to undergo a "Sophomore slump" back in the summer. Sounds like he still is trying to justify his position from earlier criticisms. That is why Brock brought him on back when he admitted not seeing much tape. I would just chalk it up to he is not going to change his view. Happens and folks have reason to dig in. Admitting you are wrong about something is not acceptable in modern debate.

He is getting paid for his work/opinion, so good for him.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:16 pm
  • drdiags wrote:I was going to point out that Chadilha picked Wilson as the QB to undergo a "Sophomore slump" back in the summer. Sounds like he still is trying to justify his position from earlier criticisms. That is why Brock brought him on back when he admitted not seeing much tape. I would just chalk it up to he is not going to change his view. Happens and folks have reason to dig in. Admitting you are wrong about something is not acceptable in modern debate.

His out though, Doc... is that he'd been told by guys who "know personnel" and have been doing it for years told him that they didn't see anything special with Wilson. When he tried to lump Russell in with Alex Smith, he refused to accept that Russell was a much better athlete than Alex because he's short (i'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist of it).

Guys that want to be taken seriously in their field should be willing to admit their mistakes and not just that, make sure they get it right after their lazy ways have been exposed.

"I talked to a bunch of people who I trust and they said Wilson's not good" is basically saying "I don't have a clue, but I hear that he's not very good and choose to believe it".
    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:04 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:Then he asked what happens when teams decide to keep him in the pocket and start batting balls down? I don't like using this term, but wtf? Batting balls down? And he won't be able to function if he's kept in the pocket? Hello? 21 and 6 after playing some of the best defenses in the league.

This is so painful to read since I recently read on a mainstream NFL site (thought it was ESPN but cannot locate the article now, ugh) that the last 2 games Wilson has been PREDOMINANTLY staying in the pocket - with a high passer rating - with only a handful of throws from outside...if I can locate the article I will link it

EDIT: AH here it is! So, THIS is the terrible stuff that happens when they contain RW in the pocket!

Russell Wilson
    Passer rating: 151.4
    QBR: 98.5
    Analysis: The return of receiver Percy Harvin sparked increased efficiency in the downfield game against the Minnesota Vikings. Wilson completed six of eight passes that traveled at least 15 yards in the air, including one for a touchdown, and averaged a season-high 12.8 yards per attempt. Most interestingly, for the second consecutive week, Wilson threw almost exclusively from the pocket. Just one of his 18 attempts came from outside the pocket, a career low, and he now has only three such throws over the past two weeks. Sunday was Wilson's eighth career game with a QBR of at least 90, the second-highest total in the NFL over that span.

from http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... ack-report
    tdigitee
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:10 pm
  • The fact that Marshawn told Russell to "take over" a tight game so they could get the win, says enough by itself.

Think it was the Houston game...back when Houston actually cared about winning.
    lobohawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:57 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:He said that? Well, he's obviously a complete idiot.
    Never watched him, yet called him a Game Manager?? I guess you can't fix stupid.

Russell Wilson is every bit as much of a "game manager" as Joe Montana was. ;)
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:46 pm
  • Oh yes, the ol' "start batting down the passes" strategy. Cuz, you know, once you decide to do it, it just happens. Fortunately for RW defenses are too stupid to have realized that's all they need to do. Hopefully they don't figure it out until after the Super Bowl.
    HawkGA
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:55 pm

Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:40 am

Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:55 am
  • Hawkscanner wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:He said that? Well, he's obviously a complete idiot.

Russell Wilson is every bit as much of a "game manager" as Joe Montana was. ;)

What I don't get is that the position of quarterback is SUPPOSED to manage the game. And nobody did it better than Montana. So the term game manager is correct if you're talking about any good to elite quarterback.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:05 am
  • I listened to the podcast on the way into work this morning. I'm kinda in with Kearly; from what I've read, Jeffery's a pretty good writer WHEN he does his homework on the subject. Unfortunately, he's one of those guys who feels he needs to have an opinion on everything and everyone, so when he HASN'T done his homework, he creates opinions out of duct tape and bubble gum so he can appear all-knowing. That's so stupid. I don't think there's anything wrong with saying "i don't know" or "I'd have to watch the tape". This guy gets AP votes for MVP and All-Pro etc and his opinions more than likely influence OTHER people with AP votes and together their collective opinions help form a national narative on everything happening in the league, so I think guys like him have an obligation to put forth informed opinions and if they don't know.... SAY "I don't know".

But y'know what... Good on Brock for digging in and setting him straight on his stupid misinformed opinion. Jeffery strikes me as a guy who actually wants to have his opinion be respected and wants to be known as one of the best informed sports journalists out there (unlike somebody like Skip Bayless who just likes to make sports themed noises on the TV) so I bet he DOES go back and look at the tape and he will SEE that Russell Wilson CAN spend a game throwing from the pocket without getting a bunch of passes knocked down and Russell Wilson DOES put the team on his back and win games and that Russell Wilson SHOULD be in the discussion for MVP. That's how the national perspective on Russell Wilson is going to change; one writer at a time.

Chadiha even kind of alluded to the very real bias of guys voting for known comodities when he said Tom Brady has a chance at MVP if he plays well to close out the year. Tom Brady has played like COMPLETE dog shit this year. He doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as MVP, yet here he is... Because of that I don't think Russell gets a sniff at MVP for 2013, but if he keeps up the pace he's been keeping up (which I have no doubt he will do) the national narative on him WILL shift away from this "short game manager who can't throw from the pocket" nonsense and Russell will likely win a few MVP's before his time here comes to an end.

And the national narative begins to change at the local level, so good on Brock for putting in the work and using his platform to affect these national guys' opinions. He's doing the Lord's work. It also doesn't hurt that PNW guys like Sando and Farrar actually ARE the national guys now, so you can be sure that they'll have informed opinions too. Cowherd and Clayton should start to look a little more closely in their own backyards as well now that the Hawks are truly a super bowl contender for the forseeable future.

Russell Wilson WILL be a MAJOR part of the national narative on the NFL for a long, long time. But it's early still... we need to be patient with the ignorant masses while their opinions are slowly (painfully slowly) changed to what we've already known for a while now.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:33 am
  • CANHawk wrote:
    Chadiha even kind of alluded to the very real bias of guys voting for known comodities when he said Tom Brady has a chance at MVP if he plays well to close out the year. Tom Brady has played like COMPLETE dog shit this year.

No joke.

QB stats this year:

Player A: 2552 yards, 14 TDs, 7 INTs

Player B: 2681 yards, 21 TDs, 6 INTs

Player A is Tom Brady.

Player B is Tony Romo.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:50 am
  • HawkFan72 wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:
    Chadiha even kind of alluded to the very real bias of guys voting for known comodities when he said Tom Brady has a chance at MVP if he plays well to close out the year. Tom Brady has played like COMPLETE dog shit this year.

No joke.

QB stats this year:

Player A: 2552 yards, 14 TDs, 7 INTs

Player B: 2681 yards, 21 TDs, 6 INTs

Player A is Tom Brady.

Player B is Tony Romo.

y'see!? Brady yould have to lay a turd made out of solid gold in every remaining game this year to even be considered average, yet we can't talk about Russell Wilson for MVP.... SMH
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:29 pm
  • Fairly amusing and ironic.

Kaepernick and Wilson came into the league in almost exactly the same fashion: to teams that had dominant defenses, dominant running games, and behind QBs that were established starters, but not convincingly the franchise "guy".

The only real difference was that SF had just started establishing a winning culture, where we hadn't quite gotten there yet.

RGIII being more durable because he's taller is laughable and already proven wrong. When you say crap like that, it erodes your credibility. Griffin has missed games, Russell hasn't. Case closed.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:08 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:Oh yes, the ol' "start batting down the passes" strategy. Cuz, you know, once you decide to do it, it just happens. Fortunately for RW defenses are too stupid to have realized that's all they need to do. Hopefully they don't figure it out until after the Super Bowl.

Yeah, I actually busted out laughing when he said that. This is the exact quote.

"It sucks that he gets caught up in the height thing but....Making plays from the pocket, ya know, is he going to face teams that are gonna decide let's keep him in there, let's, you know, start batting down passes."
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:14 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:Fairly amusing and ironic.

RGIII being more durable because he's taller is laughable and already proven wrong. When you say crap like that, it erodes your credibility. Griffin has missed games, Russell hasn't. Case closed.

Lol, no doubt. Russell is 5'10" and almost 210. RG3 is almost 6'3" and 220. Russell is stout. Stockey like a gorillia. RG3 is all lankey like a giraffe. I'll take the gorillia thank you...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:25 pm

Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:The defense does a lot to keep the game within Wilson's reach, but Wilson is the one punching it in. This team falls apart without his mobility. And given the relative unknowns he's been throwing to all year, behind a checkerboard O-line against some pretty hardcore D-lines, I don't see how anyone can fail to give him the proper credit. Jeffrey Chalupa needs to watch some tape.

Hahahahaha! I saw what you did there.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:56 am
  • drdiags wrote:I was going to point out that Chadilha picked Wilson as the QB to undergo a "Sophomore slump" back in the summer. Sounds like he still is trying to justify his position from earlier criticisms. That is why Brock brought him on back when he admitted not seeing much tape. I would just chalk it up to he is not going to change his view. Happens and folks have reason to dig in. Admitting you are wrong about something is not acceptable in modern debate.

On this forum, I think Chadiha goes by the name 'Cboom' :mrgreen:
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:37 am
  • Don't know him, don't wanna know how, don't care what he says.

He makes a living cause people read and listen to him. If we all would stop he would be homeless as he deserves to be.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:38 am
  • tdigitee wrote:
    Russell Wilson
    Analysis: The return of receiver Percy Harvin sparked increased efficiency in the downfield game against the Minnesota Vikings. Wilson completed six of eight passes that traveled at least 15 yards in the air, including one for a touchdown, and averaged a season-high 12.8 yards per attempt. Most interestingly, for the second consecutive week, Wilson threw almost exclusively from the pocket. Just one of his 18 attempts came from outside the pocket, a career low, and he now has only three such throws over the past two weeks. Sunday was Wilson's eighth career game with a QBR of at least 90, the second-highest total in the NFL over that span.

Great to have Harvin on the field, but the real reason he threw from the pocket so much was the return of Okung and Giacomini. Like Chadiha's comments about Russell, it's as if these "Pundits" don't actually watch the games. They need to take lessons from John Clayton the Professor. :)

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Rookie

Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:52 am
  • StoneCold wrote:
    tdigitee wrote:
    Russell Wilson

Great to have Harvin on the field, but the real reason he threw from the pocket so much was the return of Okung and Giacomini. Like Chadiha's comments about Russell, it's as if these "Pundits" don't actually watch the games. They need to take lessons from John Clayton the Professor. :)

SC

And yet every opposing fan and ignorant idiots like Chadiha will continue to say "just force Russell Wilson to stay in the pocket and he'll fall apart." :roll:
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:19 am
  • Yeah, with 3/5 of the line missing (and 4/5 of the positions manned by people who do not start at those positions), "stand in the pocket" translates as "stand at the location where the pocket *would be* if you had a healthy line and get blindsided by a DE." And yes I have to admit, during those games Russell has been terribly ineffective in situations where he's buried by 3 defensive players, or where he is being cut in half by a blitzing LB. SMH, Russell.

I can see how, if you're pretty unfair-minded and if you don't watch all the Seattle games and understand the true impact of the crappy OL, you might watch a game and think that RW bails quickly out of the pocket and doesn't throw from there much.

Fine with me. For those who remember last year and those who've watched the last 2 games, we can just watch and enjoy. As effective as Russ has (amazingly) been while having to duck and dodge, he's straight deadly when he has time to set up and scan the field.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information