Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson?

jagforlife85

Reaction score
Good Morning Seahawk fans,

I'm a Jaguar fan but follow the Seahawks because of the Gus Bradley connection; I'm also a Wisconsin Badger fan so I'm fond of Russell Wilson. I've been debating with my fellow Jaguar fans on our message board over which QB (Wilson or Luck) is better at this point their careers. I've watched every Seattle Seahawk game this year (Wilson is on my fantasy squad), and it amazes me how the media and fans outside the NFC West simply don't know how good Russell Wilson is, I personally believe he's a top 5 QB in this league, his numbers are gaudy, and they would be a lot better if he threw the ball for 4 quarters. I was recently told by one of my fellow Jaguar fans that 9 out of 10 Seahawk fans would take Luck over Wilson, so I want to hear straight from the horse’s mouth; which QB would you rather have?

JonRud

Reaction score
I don't think you're in the right place to get a neutral opinion. Obviously 95% of people on this board are going to pick Wilson. I would expect 95% on the Colts board would pick Luck.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Nothing against mr. neckbeard, but I'll take Russ as he fits our team better.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Re read it Jon, he said "I was recently told by one of my fellow Jaguar fans that 9 out of 10 Seahawk fans would take Luck over Wilson, so I want to hear straight from the horse’s mouth; which QB would you rather have?" He is looking for who Hawk fans would prefer to take but I agree w/ your assessment that 95% would take Wilson.

JonRud

Reaction score
if Jaguar fans thing 9 out of 10 Seahawks fans would take Luck over Wilson they must be smoking some strong stuff down in Jacksonville.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Luck is a great QB. But "9 out of 10 Seahawk fans would take Luck over Wilson"...I'll let Tom Hanks respond to that statement...[youtube]ca9GuwuOVZc[/youtube]

Need We say more?

Russell Wilson is OUR MAN!!

Sac

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":q07fra5g said:
Re read it Jon, he said "I was recently told by one of my fellow Jaguar fans that 9 out of 10 Seahawk fans would take Luck over Wilson, so I want to hear straight from the horse’s mouth; which QB would you rather have?" He is looking for who Hawk fans would prefer to take but I agree w/ your assessment that 95% would take Wilson.

This is wrong. The only Seahawks fans who would rather have Luck are the ones who just say they're Seahawks fans but don't watch three games and don't really know much about football at all.

That number is MUCH lower than 5%

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
jagforlife85":24ot2o7s said:
which QB would you rather have?

When you factor in his cap hit and how that allows us to pay for talent across the board then I can say in all honesty there isnt another single QB I would exchange him for. Why pay $20m a year for Brees for example?

That said I still think Luck is a good player.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Personally I'd be surprised to hear even one seahawk fan say theyd rather have luck.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
If it had played out that we had the first pick in the 2012 draft, had picked Andrew Luck, and he had played to the level he has thus far, I wouldn't have complained at all, and I would have felt that we had found a franchise QB we had been looking for for a long time.

With that said, I'd take Wilson over Luck 10 times out of 10. I think he's simply better than Luck. That's not to say that Luck is bad in any way... just that he's not quite as amazing as Wilson.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I would prefer Luck. But I wouldn't rather have gone 2-14 to get him.

As it is, I wouldn't change a thing. Wilson is going to earn a ring at some point. Luck may too. Can't go wrong with either. Luck would fit this offense perfectly.

captSE

Reaction score
Wilson has better instinct, smarts and is well liked by his fellow seahawks.
May I add that I believe we were gifted a miracle to find Dangeruss so late in the draft. What a incredible quarterback.

Sac

Reaction score
Andrew Luck has 306 (45%!) more career pass attempts than Wilson.

Luck: 974
Wilson: 668

Those 306 more pass attempts has allowed Luck to throw 8 LESS touchdowns AND 8 More interceptions.

Luck: 37-24
Wilson: 45-16

That's just ridiculous. Career passer rating to date?

Luck: 80.2
Wilson: 102.1

Who in their right mind can legitimately make the case that Luck is better than Wilson?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Amazingly, given that Luck is a once in a generation talent, I think every Seahawks fan would still rather have Wilson.

Ozzy

Reaction score
At this point in their careers Wilson has flat out been the better player statistically. He makes less mistakes, is better with the football and has had to do it under more diress than Luck has dealt with. Objectively he has just been the better player. Could Luck end up being better? Of course, he has a ton of potential. But its not homerism to say that Wilson has been better up to this point. A few in the national media have actually agreed with this sentiment. Can't go wrong with either one though.

nsport

Reaction score
Well I am not sure about the basis of who's actually better. Put Luck on the Seahawks this year and I bet he'd be pretty dang close to 10-1 as well. Really, I don't think there's any argument over who is the most physically gifted - but then again, there's really no argument about who has a better set of intangibles. Russell is mature beyond his years and has the poise of the greats. Luck is insanely gifted physically, but mentally you see the errors - attitude-wise, you also see the difference. Russ is really unflappable, while Luck has certainly had his moments. Consistency? Russell has not lost a game by more than one score since who-knows-when, and Luck's team was ran out of the gym at St. Louis. So... I think it's just philosophical difference on what a fan might find more important. Given everything around him, I think Luck would do an amazing job here - but I think I would feel better knowing that I have a guy like Wilson on my team who can pretty much do everything and has the poise and preparation unlike anyone else.

OP
OP
J

jagforlife85

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":35i104ck said:
Andrew Luck has 306 (45%!) more career pass attempts than Wilson.

Luck: 974
Wilson: 668

Those 306 more pass attempts has allowed Luck to throw 8 LESS touchdowns AND 8 More interceptions.

Luck: 37-24
Wilson: 45-16

That's just ridiculous. Career passer rating to date?

Luck: 80.2
Wilson: 102.1

Who in their right mind can legitimately make the case that Luck is better than Wilson?

My point exactly, however it doesn't take stats, just watch the two QB their respective teams. Wilson (imo) is clearly the better player and has the chance to be an all time great.