The future of the Seahawks

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I live in the now. I am truly grateful to the team for all they have done. and all they do (no beer commercial cliche's please). And this is fabulous. Almost happening faster than I can keep up with the enthusiasm. But I do.

But I am equally excited for the years to come. We have a great QB, RB and WR, and extras to boot. An incredible defense. Stability, agility.

This may be the only time in my life my team is this good for a decent chunk of time.
Sorry, but waiting 37 years this last year plus has me damned-near drunk with euphoric reaction!

And this is ... JUST THE BEGINNING!!!!!

Okay, I'll settle down... in about 5 years!!

McGruff

Reaction score
There will still be a lot of turnover, so the thing that makes me most exited about this team is stability at QB, and a coach and GM that know how to stock a roster.

JonRud

Reaction score
We have a superstar QB for the next 12-15 years. This means we are going to be a good team for a long time and have many chances to win a Super Bowl.

Even if we don't win it this year [which would suck], we have a lot to look forward to and will have more chances.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I'm confident we won't suffer the superbowl curse when we win. I see a dynasty in the rough. Many of us have seen this occur in other teams throughout the decades.

Unlike other years when the Hawks have done well, made the playoffs, those times seemed disposable.
This is very different now.

suppaball

Reaction score
For the first time in my life that I can remember the Seahawks are not just good but damn good.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
I'm curious of how many years Pete might have before retiring.. He one of the oldest already n I don't see he being here for too long.

bigwrm

Reaction score
Seahawkx":3it24hm8 said:
I'm curious of how many years Pete might have before retiring.. He one of the oldest already n I don't see he being here for too long.

Pete is 62 and still running around and throwing spirals. Belichick is 61, Coughlin is 67, and Marv Levy coached until he was 72. I think Pete still has plenty of years in him and he doesn't appear to be slowing down at all.

jblaze

Reaction score
True, Pete looks like he's 50 and appears very spry and active for his age. Age is just a number. He'll be around as long as the Hawks are good.

That's usually how these things work in the end.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawkx":i6pxn2ea said:

Pete's one of those type A personality coaches that you're going to have to pry the clipboard out of his hands. I could see him health permitting coaching well into his 70's. My guess is the word "retirement" isn't in his vocabulary, he loves football too much to ever retire.

CANHawk

Reaction score
McGruff":26sil981 said:
There will still be a lot of turnover, so the thing that makes me most exited about this team is stability at QB, and a coach and GM that know how to stock a roster.

We're very young and very established at the most important positions in football; QB, LT, WR, MLB, CB and FS. We've also proven our GM is more than capable of finding very cost effective, starting caliber talent to round out the rest of the roster. I belive those two factors, along with a world class coach like Pete, will keep this team relevant and at the top of the heap for a very long time to come.

This is a franchise altering moment in time we're experiencing right now and it's amazing to be a part of.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Seahawkx":1lp79iph said:
That's what I was thinking when I saw this thread. He's 61. Maybe they could get an assistant to just run the same program. But isn't that what they did when we transitionioned from Coach Holmes to Mora? Ug. SF got one more sb that way when Walsh retired. Okay, PC needs to work out and stay healthy (which he does already) and give us another ten years.

stack600

Reaction score
The options for the next 5+ years are exciting, As for Pete I agree with the statement above about another contract, I can see him going to 65-67, then walking away a winner and hitting the lecture trail with a couple more books.....

CANHawk

Reaction score
Oh I ain't using the "D" word Z. I just think we're are set up in such a way that it allows us to have a very favorable outlook on the future.

No, you're absolutely right. until Mr. Allen figures out how to use his money to have all of our player's ligaments replaced with some kind of carbon fiber or some other kind of indestructable something, we're but an injury or two away from medioctity. Though I think our braintrust will ensure this team is deep enough to overcome most injuries.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
We are like NO OTHER FOOTBALL TEAM IN HISTORY. We are unique. You can not compare to any others. We are not better than many others, yet we are BETTER than many others.

CANHawk

Reaction score
tom sawyer":1hzd5sqw said:
We are like NO OTHER FOOTBALL TEAM IN HISTORY. We are unique. You can not compare to any others. We are not better than many others, yet we are BETTER than many others.

What... are you saying we're average then? I think you're confused; "we're not better than many others, yet we are better than many others". That's average... that's like the dictionary definition of being average. But then you say we're like no other team in history. MAKE UP YOUR MIND MAN!! are we average, or are we unique!? Pick a side!!