Whatever happened to "The Blue Wave"

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I haven't seen it in years and years. Is that old era, better left in the past?

It was pretty cool back in the day.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
It was retired because people were sick and tired of having to exercise during games. Was fun at the time, but its time has passed.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2x5caw32 said:
It's on a roll.
I believe this video came out in anticipation of what turned out to be the most disappointing season I can remember. Yep it was the Win 2 (yay!) Lose 2 (awww) Win 2 (Yah, we're at 4-2) Lose 2 (Dammit, back to .500) all the way to 8-8 season.

Ahh, memories.

[youtube]W-9AdWthjfU[/youtube]

(I did not know Pat Cashman was involved with this; didn't even know who he was back then.)

Reaneypark

Reaction score
The wave died as soon as people got smart and figured out its better for everyone to stand up and yell when the D is on the field. They also realized its dumb to make a lot of noise when the O is on the field.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3ar6x229 said:
It was retired because people were sick and tired of having to exercise during games. Was fun at the time, but its time has passed.

I thought it died because people got too fuggen drunk to synchronize the motion and it wound up as "The Blue Wobble-lean-sink-back-into-your-seat-whenever"

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
The wave was nothing unique ... maybe it became passe

[youtube]vUiYdoKUF5w[/youtube]

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I can just remember having a lap full of hot dogs and beer and eventually saying "screw this", and just lazily raising my arms instead of actually standing up. It was way worse than a Catholic wedding... And everybody hates those. Thus it's demise...

86Hawk

Reaction score
They still do it at ms games. Not like theres anything else to do. Those 100 people have a blast

stack600

Reaction score
Ha ha LOL I forgot about that one, Bears did the SB Shuffel so we did that. Jackson, Tice, Edwin Bailey and Paul Moyer's skinny legs. LOL

chris98251

Reaction score
When the NFL targetted us for having a employee acting as a cheerleader and banned Bill from having free access to run around the stadium is when it basically died. There were efforts during games after they stopped him from being our leader of disruption but they never had the same impact and died quickly. Bill would also get the cross field Go / Seahawks chant going. Considering his size and the size of the Kingdome the run around he did getting the Wave going was pretty impressive.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
stack600":2s41ebun said:
Ha ha LOL I forgot about that one, Bears did the SB Shuffel so we did that. Jackson, Tice, Edwin Bailey and Paul Moyer's skinny legs. LOL
Hah! You're right. And I don't remember any other teams making those types of videos after that either. I guess between the Bears and us, we pretty much killed the concept (thank god...)

chris98510":2s41ebun said:
When the NFL targetted us for having a employee acting as a cheerleader and banned Bill from having free access to run around the stadium...
Wait, that really happened?! I didn't know that. Really, NFL? That's how you treat teams who are trying like hell to get fans to love your product even more than they already do? Srsly? Sigh.

Escamillo

Reaction score
I liked the wave when it was just Husky Stadium and then the Kingdome. But then the rest of the country copied it and it got played out.
To make matters worse, it was copied by fans attending the World Cup in Mexico in 1986, which made it go world wide, and the rest of the world dubbed it "The Mexican Wave", as if Mexico invented it. grrrrrr.....