Marquand Manuel interview

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Marquand Manuel interview...
Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:17 am
  • ...on KJR just now. Anybody hear it? I had no idea he was an assistant with the Hawks right now. Pretty cool, thoughtful guy, and candid too. I get the impression he wasn't too happy with Etric Pruitt's performance in XL. Hopefully, they'll throw it up on the website; I'll update this post with link if they do.
    "I have a Super Bowl ring, and I would gladly show that to him. And if he doesn’t have time to come see it, tell him he can Google it." -- Doug Baldwin
    User avatar
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 997
    Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:03 pm
    Location: Mudbone's rumpus room


Marquand Manuel interview
Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:17 am
  • Just listened to assistant DB coach Marquand Manuel on KJR and I have to say it was one of the coolest interviews I've heard in a long time. A lot of time spent looking back at the 2005 Super Bowl, and the impact. His injury had on the game. He has no doubt that had he played the whole game we would've won. Says he was prepared and that there is no way Willie Parker would've scored or that he would've bitten on the Randle El pass. The most frustrating part was sitting on the sideline watching a guy who wasn't prepared to play blow it on the field.

    The most interesting part was how that game impacted his future coaching career. Even in 2005 the team called him "coach" and he was known for being the most mentally prepared played on the field. That game convinced him that every player on the roster has to be prepared equally. Even if they don't get the practice reps, they need the extra film room time and study time so that if they get called it won't be mental mistakes that cost the game. Fits in perfectly with Pete's always compete mantra, and Wilson's separation/preparation line.

    I believe in the not too distant future, Kris Richard is going to be our DC and Manual is being prepped to coach the secondary. He's a bright dude and has a long future in this league.
    <A>
    <IMG></A>
    User avatar
    McGruff
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1547
    Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:14 am
    Location: Blaine, WA


Re: Marquand Manuel interview
Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:21 am
  • Always really liked Manuel....and have always agreed with the notion that his injury sealed our fate in the Super Blow. His replacement was not ready for the assignment.
    Image
    User avatar
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 8956
    Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm


Re: Marquand Manuel interview...
Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:24 am
  • Also, evidently Holmgren told him in the Hotel Elevator the night before the game that Manuel would be the SB MVP . . . And in a sad way, he was.
    <A>
    <IMG></A>
    User avatar
    McGruff
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1547
    Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:14 am
    Location: Blaine, WA


Re: Marquand Manuel interview...
Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:27 am
  • McGruff wrote:Also, evidently Holmgren told him in the Hotel Elevator the night before the game that Manuel would be the SB MVP . . . And in a sad way, he was.

    Yeah. But on the other side, it sounds like he's bringing that forward into his coaching. The whole "next man up" thing could be kind of a cliche, but Marquand knows it in his bones. That's gotta shine through.
    "I have a Super Bowl ring, and I would gladly show that to him. And if he doesn’t have time to come see it, tell him he can Google it." -- Doug Baldwin
    User avatar
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 997
    Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:03 pm
    Location: Mudbone's rumpus room


Re: Marquand Manuel interview
Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:33 am
  • Says he wouldve won the game if he had played huh?
    Remind you of anyone?
    Image
    User avatar
    Axx
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2539
    Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm


Re: Marquand Manuel interview
Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:44 am
  • Uncle Ricco
    Floridahawk79
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1057
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:52 am
    Location: Orlando, Florida


Re: Marquand Manuel interview
Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:55 am
  • Was it Manuel that laid out Isaac Bruce during a Rams game? Sounds like he has got some good coaching philosophies. This is the best secondary we've had. Ever.
    Image
    User avatar
    rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *
     
    Posts: 943
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:51 am
    Location: Los Angeles


Re: Marquand Manuel interview
Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:20 am
  • Funny story. I own a tint shop in Kirkland and guess who's car I tinted recently. He is a really chill guy, and loves football. We talked a good while about the current team and his coaching and all that. He said "Kam Chancellor loves to be a monster". He really had a lot of great things to say about him in particular. This is a guy who you can tell loves football, and has a lot of knowledge to share. He seems to be a good teacher.
    I personally don't think we would have been allowed to win XL no matter who we had in there. I think he made the refs job easier by getting hurt though. Sour grapes I guess.
    Attachments
    manuel1.jpg
    manuel1.jpg (197.78 KiB) Viewed 934 times
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    User avatar
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 705
    Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:57 pm


Re: Marquand Manuel interview
Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:58 am
  • Link? I'm not having any luck finding one
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 7866
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm


Re: Marquand Manuel interview
Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:27 am
  • ivotuk wrote:Link? I'm not having any luck finding one

    I just sent a note to Mitch's producer asking if it's going up. Hopefully, it will soon.

    P.S. Nice story from Sprfunk above. Love it when famous people are just cool people.
    "I have a Super Bowl ring, and I would gladly show that to him. And if he doesn’t have time to come see it, tell him he can Google it." -- Doug Baldwin
    User avatar
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 997
    Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:03 pm
    Location: Mudbone's rumpus room


Re: Marquand Manuel interview
Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:30 pm
  • VivaEfrenHerrera wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:Link? I'm not having any luck finding one

    I just sent a note to Mitch's producer asking if it's going up. Hopefully, it will soon.

    P.S. Nice story from Sprfunk above. Love it when famous people are just cool people.


    Thank you kind sir! And ditto on the cool story, thanks for the pic too :-)
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 7866
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm


Re: Marquand Manuel interview
Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:32 pm
  • I, too, still believe we would have won the SB if he hadn't gotten hurt. That opened a huge hole in our Defense.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11293
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Marquand Manuel interview
Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:45 pm
  • Kelly Herndon gets a lot of crap for that loss. The flea flicker killed us, not sure if Manuel would have stopped it though.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    User avatar
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1664
    Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm


Re: Marquand Manuel interview
Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:40 pm
  • ClumsyLurk wrote:The flea flicker killed us, not sure if Manuel would have stopped it though.


    He was solid all year (remember Manuel was an injury replacement for Hamlin and played sound football the rest of the year), no reason to believe he wouldn't.

    But that flea-flicker was opened up by the huge run earlier by Parker. In which Pruitt was the man to stop it, and didn't because he was out of position. Manuel almost certainly would have been in the right spot.

    That run opened up the pass later.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11293
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Marquand Manuel interview
Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:14 pm
  • Sprfunk wrote:Funny story. I own a tint shop in Kirkland and guess who's car I tinted recently. He is a really chill guy, and loves football. We talked a good while about the current team and his coaching and all that. He said "Kam Chancellor loves to be a monster". He really had a lot of great things to say about him in particular. This is a guy who you can tell loves football, and has a lot of knowledge to share. He seems to be a good teacher.
    I personally don't think we would have been allowed to win XL no matter who we had in there. I think he made the refs job easier by getting hurt though. Sour grapes I guess.



    Jay's Tint Shop?
    Infamous425
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 17
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:23 pm


Re: Marquand Manuel interview
Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:20 pm
  • Infamous425 wrote:
    Sprfunk wrote:Funny story. I own a tint shop in Kirkland and guess who's car I tinted recently. He is a really chill guy, and loves football. We talked a good while about the current team and his coaching and all that. He said "Kam Chancellor loves to be a monster". He really had a lot of great things to say about him in particular. This is a guy who you can tell loves football, and has a lot of knowledge to share. He seems to be a good teacher.
    I personally don't think we would have been allowed to win XL no matter who we had in there. I think he made the refs job easier by getting hurt though. Sour grapes I guess.



    Jay's Tint Shop?


    Lol Yup. I am no longer incognito.
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    User avatar
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 705
    Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:57 pm




It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information